Post Reply

HTC One SU (T528w)

OP catalinburtea

20th November 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Hello
May i ask you about Htc Su. It's really dual sim full active DSA or DSFA phone? when you are talking by one card and someone calls on the other card the phone rings or vibrate?
thank you
20th November 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sielik

Hello
May i ask you about Htc Su. It's really dual sim full active DSA or DSFA phone? when you are talking by one card and someone calls on the other card the phone rings or vibrate?
thank you

Yes indeed, it's dual SIM full active.
21st November 2012, 12:42 PM   |  #13  
touch of jobo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 539
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerulz

Its not as same as HTC One S

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaff22

In that case it's quite unlikely our recovery or ROMs will work, since it has a different SoC

At least this one is an MSM SoC.
Anyway, @OP: Your device looks much closer to a DesireX than a OneS.

-Jobo
21st November 2012, 01:13 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch of jobo

At least this one is an MSM SoC.
Anyway, @OP: Your device looks much closer to a DesireX than a OneS.

-Jobo

Since i'm not a programmer/developer and I don't know how to build my own ROM, do you think I should try some Desire X tools? Think it might work?
21st November 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #15  
usaff22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,471
 
3,456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinburtea

Since i'm not a programmer/developer and I don't know how to build my own ROM, do you think I should try some Desire X tools? Think it might work?

I wouldn't, just in case you might get a paperweight. If you have a stock ROM, you can use some mods or tweaks from other places
23rd November 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
I have the same problem with my Htc t528w. I tried to root it without success until now. It is very annoying especially I don't have google play for installing apps. The rest is very fine with it. DSFA works great.
24th November 2012, 08:04 AM   |  #17  
usaff22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,471
 
3,456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luapsogard

I have the same problem with my Htc t528w. I tried to root it without success until now. It is very annoying especially I don't have google play for installing apps. The rest is very fine with it. DSFA works great.

You can use the HTC Quick Root app, not sure if it is called that. It may or may not work.

Then get the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk files and put them in /system/app/, before setting permissions.

Then get the latest Google Play 3.10.9 apk, rename it to PhoneSky.apk and also put it in /system/app/ and set permissions. After a reboot it should work perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
24th November 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
It didnt work. Gives an error. Maybe I need to unlock the bootloader. I saw a tutorial on htc dev site but I'm a little bit afraid to try it. Also don't know where to find some files and programs which are necessary for doing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to luapsogard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
I decided to do it, finally, and everything went fine. I followed the tutorial from htcdev for unlocking bootloader and then, using "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17" I rooted the phone. For installing google play I had to install some more services but now everything works great.
25th November 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #20  
Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
CWM installed ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luapsogard

I decided to do it, finally, and everything went fine. I followed the tutorial from htcdev for unlocking bootloader and then, using "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17" I rooted the phone. For installing google play I had to install some more services but now everything works great.

Did you manage to install clockworkmod? I have not been able to - getting China Unicom start up screen with a padlock sign (I have unlocked and rooted).

Alex

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One S General by ThreadRank