5,597,084 Members 46,768 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering.

Tip us?

Tinmania
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlrobling View Post
All I did was flashed stock rooted deodexed over my stock rooted and it fixed the settings stopped problem. Didn't loose data or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Thanks. I ended up flashing CleanROM AT&T Special Edition and it got me back up OK--and includes tethering.

Michael

jkpdon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmania View Post
Thanks. I ended up flashing CleanROM AT&T Special Edition and it got me back up OK--and includes tethering.

Michael
how do u like cleanrom? is it any better than stock rom? any performace imporvement. i only looking for battery perfomace. please feedback if theres any significant battery improvement.

thanks

Tinmania
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpdon View Post
Micheal,

I had to ODIN stock. there's no other way to fix i believe unless some experts can shed light here. If you need stock rom then u can find it on www.sammobile.com or just search under my posts and u will find the link. make sure u reboot in recovery and clean cache and wipe data clean first then load the stock rom.
Thank you. I did flash CleanROM AT&T but I wanted to download the stock ROM just in case. Going to go grab it now.

Michael

jkpdon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmania View Post
Thank you. I did flash CleanROM AT&T but I wanted to download the stock ROM just in case. Going to go grab it now.

Michael
IF you want stock rom with rooted then visit no Trip flash counter thread and download that.

Tinmania
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpdon View Post
how do u like cleanrom? is it any better than stock rom? any performace imporvement. i only looking for battery perfomace. please feedback if theres any significant battery improvement.

thanks
I haven't been using it long enough to judge battery life but the comments I saw from others were positive about battery life.

But so far I like it. I first thought it would be an easier way to get tethering on AT&T since I couldn't get the mod here to work.

But it has some nifty features beyond that:
  • Aroma Installer Options:
  • System Mods: Lidroid / Wanam 23 toggle Mod, MultiWindow Control Mod
  • Boot Animation Support: Yes or No
  • Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
  • AT&T and Samsung Apps: MyAT&T, AT&T Visual Voicemail, AT&T Messages, Kies, Samsung Photo Editor, Paper Artist, Polaris Office
  • App Stores:Google Play, Amazon App Store
  • File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
  • Google Apps: Gmail, Maps, Streetview for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Gogle Now and Voice Search, Voice,
  • Misc Apps: Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Polaris Office 4, Adobe Flash
  • Based on AT&T 'K7' OTA
  • Multi Window Control Mod to add or remove any app you want!
  • Lidroid / Wanam 23 Toggle Mod
  • WiFi Tether Unlocked!
  • Boot animation can be changed See post #2!
  • Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
  • Zip Align at Boot!
  • Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!
  • Extended Power Menu!

I am going to try CleanROM Ace in a few minutes, once my nandroid backup is finished. I think that is about the same but adds the ability to adjust the auto brightness function (whereas mine now works only one way).

Michael

RDI
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [MOD] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering.

Tried to download TetherEnable.zip from 4 shared, it said file not found

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
RDI ... Computer Hardware Distributor ... www.RDI.us

rankitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi I am using stock rom and just root, what zip file do I need to install as i tried the first one tetherenable.zip and it screwed up my settings, so i had to reinstall whole phone back, I am not a geek so if you can let me know what zip file should i use to install on my AT&T stock rom and enable wifi tethering. I would surely buy you a beer. Thanks

Regds,
Rankit

tomerg3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Clarification

First, thanks for the mod, I used it on my first Note 2 version and it was great!

I have just upgraded to 4.1.2 using android.gs/update-att-samsung-galaxy-note-2-i317-to-rooted-android-4-1-2-ucalk7-stock-firmware/

I read through some replies and saw that it was breaking multiview.

Has it been addressed? can it work with my rooted version?

Thanks again.
TennisLessons.com - The place to go to find a pro.

MathLessons.com - When the numbers just don't add up.

KinAndTonic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help!

Ok, so I flashed the zip on my AT&T Note 2. Afterwards I can actually tether through a 3rd party app, but when I try to access settings I get "unfortunately settings has stopped". Same.for my two Rom managers. Thinking it was the tetherprovisions app, I restored it with Titanium Backup, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

slyfox250
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just use "tethering widget" I do not think that root is even needed it enables hotspot on 4.1.2

Tags
tether enable