5,599,190 Members 35,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] HTC Droid DNA All-In-One Toolkit V2.1 [1-23-13] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Tip us?
 
suzook
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 1,235
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
They locked it down??? You guys have to be kidding me.

Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room
Of course they did. What did everyone expect from VZ? They are pricks!
 
Imacellist
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 345
Join Date: Oct 2011
One assumes this no longer works now? Since Verizon is a giant doucebag and they think that by no letting s officially unlock the bootloader it isn't gonna happen anyways?
 
zippa713
Old
#13  
zippa713's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 38
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Default confirmed as of 11.21.2012 11pm

We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.
Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.
Phones:
HTC DNA <current>
LG Octane
HTC Radar
Moto Defy
HTC Sensation
HTC Nexus One
HTC MT3G Slide
Moto Cliq XT
Moto Cliq

BB 9300
HTC Mytouch
HTC G1
BB 9900
BB 9700
BB 8900 x2
BB STORM
BB 8320
HTC TILT
 
angasreid
Old
(Last edited by angasreid; 22nd November 2012 at 05:15 AM.)
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 235
Join Date: Jun 2010
This thread, as well as a few others claiming to be "All-In-One Toolkits" etc. should be moderated. Unfortunately this is a guide for early model phones with S-Off and those able to have unlocked with HTCDev.

As much as everybody else here, I'd love to see a real root for the actual "consumer" phone for Verizon. Fair?
AT&T G1 -> AT&T Nexus 1 -> VZW Thunderbolt -> VZW G-Nexus -> Droid DNA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angasreid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hasoon2000
Old
#15  
hasoon2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8717
Posts: 3,501
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orland Park, Illinois

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippa713 View Post
We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.
Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.
MID = Model ID = Your phone.


Verizon locked out your bootloader >.<


Quote:
Originally Posted by angasreid View Post
This thread, as well as a few others claiming to be "All-In-One Toolkits" etc. should be moderated. Unfortunately this is a guide for early model phones with S-Off and those able to have unlocked with HTCDev.

As much as everybody else here, I'd love to see a real root for the actual "consumer" phone for Verizon. Fair?
Now I take offense to that and your facts aren't correct. S-off users don't need this.

If you'd "love" to see real root, why don't you figure it out yourself? We do what we can to help. Hell, I don't even own the phone and I still try to help. Have you contributed? You have 4 thanks. I have over 2,800. I think we all know who contributed here more.


Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!



Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
dweidman
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 109
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
Now I take offense to that and your facts aren't correct. S-off users don't need this.

If you'd "love" to see real root, why don't you figure it out yourself? We do what we can to help. Hell, I don't even own the phone and I still try to help. Have you contributed? You have 4 thanks. I have over 2,800. I think we all know who contributed here more.
The kind of people who have a device that came S-off probably don't need a toolkit.

Honestly - I have no idea why you are hostile about this.

Most of us who got the phone today - and read a headline that says: [TOOL] HTC Droid DNA All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 [11-18-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] probably assume it means they can root their phone (which is obviously not the case).

Just change the headline - since (at the moment) - it is inaccurate. No one is slamming your work - your thread title is just misleading.

-D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dweidman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jaybizza
Old
#17  
jaybizza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 143
Posts: 406
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Naugatuck C-Town
Thumbs up Thanks for your hard work!!!

Hasoon2000.. Your work is well appreciated and I did try your toolkit and found out that it wouldn't work but I still APPRECIATE the fact that you took the time to put up this toolkit... It's Awesome devs like you that keep us users Happy with our devices....To anyone that commented against hasoon2000's work as misleading well its not like it took you 3 days to figure out that Verizon locked our bootloaders.. a quick reply to him would do fine not this sarcastic response like seen in the earlier posts!!! If it wasnt for devs like him, you would be holding a brick so be happy that we have devs like hasoon that help us get the most out of our devices!! Thanks Hasoon and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! WE ALL DO APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU PUT INTO THIS!!!!!!!
Current devices:
Verizon-Galaxy Note 2
T-Mobile-Galaxy Note 3
T-Mobile-LG Flex
Nexus 7 (2013)

Tablets:
Galaxy Tab 7
Galaxy Tab 10.1
H.P Touchpad
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybizza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zippa713
Old
#18  
zippa713's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 38
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Jersey
Default I love you guys!

The way I see it is...

as always it goes with out saying, BUT Im going to say it anyway... serach before posting PERIOD!

If youre a DEV and are helping get the phone soff'd and rooted. Do/Say what you please with out misleading.

If youre not a DEV then you should only be posting Bugs/comments directed to the work and not to the DEV.

You have to either have a big set of kahunas or youre a straight up idiot to try and tell someone what they should be doing, when youre doing nothing productive...

PS...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Phones:
HTC DNA <current>
LG Octane
HTC Radar
Moto Defy
HTC Sensation
HTC Nexus One
HTC MT3G Slide
Moto Cliq XT
Moto Cliq

BB 9300
HTC Mytouch
HTC G1
BB 9900
BB 9700
BB 8900 x2
BB STORM
BB 8320
HTC TILT
 
hasoon2000
Old
#19  
hasoon2000's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8717
Posts: 3,501
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orland Park, Illinois

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweidman View Post
The kind of people who have a device that came S-off probably don't need a toolkit.

Honestly - I have no idea why you are hostile about this.

Most of us who got the phone today - and read a headline that says: [TOOL] HTC Droid DNA All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 [11-18-12] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof] probably assume it means they can root their phone (which is obviously not the case).

Just change the headline - since (at the moment) - it is inaccurate. No one is slamming your work - your thread title is just misleading.

-D
Here's the thing. I can't keep up with all my threads. When I realize something or if it comes to my attention by another member, I modify my post. At first, HTCDev was working, now it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybizza View Post
Hasoon2000.. Your work is well appreciated and I did try your toolkit and found out that it wouldn't work but I still APPRECIATE the fact that you took the time to put up this toolkit... It's Awesome devs like you that keep us users Happy with our devices....To anyone that commented against hasoon2000's work as misleading well its not like it took you 3 days to figure out that Verizon locked our bootloaders.. a quick reply to him would do fine not this sarcastic response like seen in the earlier posts!!! If it wasnt for devs like him, you would be holding a brick so be happy that we have devs like hasoon that help us get the most out of our devices!! Thanks Hasoon and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! WE ALL DO APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU PUT INTO THIS!!!!!!!
Thank you! I'm glad someone appreciates what I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippa713 View Post
The way I see it is...

as always it goes with out saying, BUT Im going to say it anyway... serach before posting PERIOD!

If youre a DEV and are helping get the phone soff'd and rooted. Do/Say what you please with out misleading.

If youre not a DEV then you should only be posting Bugs/comments directed to the work and not to the DEV.

You have to either have a big set of kahunas or youre a straight up idiot to try and tell someone what they should be doing, when youre doing nothing productive...

PS...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I completely agree with you. I put my time into this for you guys. It has no benefit to me since I never even had to release it in the first place. I chose to make it for YOU GUYS. I'm glad you understand some things we go through!

You have a great Thanksgiving as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Get lost DICK! People like you are nothing but leaches that expect everything for nothing. GO buy an Iphone douche!
You do have a point, but please, name calling isn't necessary. Let's keep it civil.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!



Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
angasreid
Old
(Last edited by angasreid; 22nd November 2012 at 06:00 PM.)
#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 235
Join Date: Jun 2010
It's thanksgiving people. Relax. So much hate.

@hasoon2000, I don't think anyone here has taken a personal attack against you, or any of your work. We are all very fortunate to have contributors like yourself. If I knew more than I knew right now, I would be trying to do more than I can. A matter of fact, if you are able to make this root work, I will personally donate $20 to you via PayPal or however you'd like. My way of giving back. Happy Thanksgiving!

AT&T G1 -> AT&T Nexus 1 -> VZW Thunderbolt -> VZW G-Nexus -> Droid DNA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angasreid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes