Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] HTC Droid DNA All-In-One Toolkit V2.1 [1-23-13] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Tip us?

Irish65
Old
Thanks Meter 14
What's funny is that while I read and re-read the forums anticipating the release and even while I sped off to the store and back with my precious little DNA in my hands, I knew in the back of my head that HTC/Verizon was going to lock it down upon release the question isn't "why would they?" The question is "why would I think they wouldn't?" Duh...
I still have your program on the pc, I like it, its excellent work. I appreciate your efforts to simplifly the process, I'm a machinist I couldn't have done it. Ill help tho, just name it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
HTC One S - Moonshine S-off - HTCdev unlock - Radio 1.20 - Hboot 2.15
bubba kernel 12/25 qv - slimville 4.4.2 / 1.9 -

Zarboz
Old
Known Scammer
Thanks Meter 9256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippa713 View Post
We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, and try again if necessary.
Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.
wonder if when you get temp root if you can alter the CID simliar to the other 8960 chipped devices (one s and xl) although this is the quadcore variant of that chipset and may have had the exploit closed

Building a better droid is the purpose of today Android History
G1->mytouch 3g -> Mytouch slide -> Mytouch 4g -> HD2 magldr -> Thunderbolt -> Evo 3D -> Sensation -> Evo 4g -> Evo 3D -> HTC vivid -> One X -> One S -> ( Evo LTE (thanks xda) -> Droid DNA
I stay HTC.
Checkout my new project at EasyDevStudio
[showp1984] Times of day and sleep are something for weak people - I am a cybernetic organism, and have a sleep mode.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Come hangout
irc.freenode.net
#teamblackout
I BUY BRICKED PHONES!

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarboz View Post
wonder if when you get temp root if you can alter the CID simliar to the other 8960 chipped devices (one s and xl) although this is the quadcore variant of that chipset and may have had the exploit closed
Jcase is posting on Twitter that changing the Cid does work. He also has another vuln related to the s4 chipset. Unlock is done, he will release in several days

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

rileyd5
Old
(Last edited by rileyd5; 23rd November 2012 at 08:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
MID = Model ID = Your phone.

Verizon locked out your bootloader >.<

Now I take offense to that and your facts aren't correct. S-off users don't need this.

If you'd "love" to see real root, why don't you figure it out yourself? We do what we can to help. Hell, I don't even own the phone and I still try to help. Have you contributed? You have 4 thanks. I have over 2,800. I think we all know who contributed here more.

Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room
Hasoon keep doing what you do which is a tremendous benefit and appreciated by the vast majority
Verizon HTC Rezound/S-off

Previously: Treo 600>HTC Hermes>HTC Shadow>HTC Diamond>HTC TP2>HTC EVO 4g

zippa713
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How about adding the cid work around to the tool kit?

Phones:
HTC DNA <current>
LG Octane
HTC Radar
Moto Defy
HTC Sensation
HTC Nexus One
HTC MT3G Slide
Moto Cliq XT
Moto Cliq

BB 9300
HTC Mytouch
HTC G1
BB 9900
BB 9700
BB 8900 x2
BB STORM
BB 8320
HTC TILT

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippa713 View Post
How about adding the cid work around to the tool kit?

Too dangerous to do. I read it and you'll need user input as well. So it wouldn't work anyway.

* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

LakerFam0824
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Too dangerous to do. I read it and you'll need user input as well. So it wouldn't work anyway.

That and Jcase already said that he would shut it down if one emerges... which to me means he's serious about it and we should respect that

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFam0824 View Post
That and Jcase already said that he would shut it down if one emerges... which to me means he's serious about it and we should respect that
There we go. lol. Once I read it, I opted out of doing it. In this case, users should do it manually. At least it'll teach people how to use adb and what not.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

gjsii13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
There we go. lol. Once I read it, I opted out of doing it. In this case, users should do it manually. At least it'll teach people how to use adb and what not.
So a 1 click tool kit for rooting the DNA is not coming?

I really don't want to risk bricking my brand new baby lol.
Device: HTC Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Phone I wish I had:

The one I have

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9121

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsii13 View Post
So a 1 click tool kit for rooting the DNA is not coming?

I really don't want to risk bricking my brand new baby lol.
Nope. That is very dangerous to make a one click with the new method.

The Following User Says Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe