Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2 Lag

Tip us?

abowlofsoda
Old
(Last edited by abowlofsoda; 19th November 2012 at 03:45 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default 4.2 Lag

I have been having lag issues since upgrading to 4.2

I been lurking around the post looking for answers but nothing I've tried has worked so far. There is lag everywhere- from the lockscreen to opening an app to closing an app to pauses and freezing in browsers (i use 4 diff browsers with no real preference), and tonight I was frustrated enough with the slowing buffering in the YouTube app that I'm now posting this.

If I don't fix this soon I'm just going to sell it. I put up with lag on my Samsung Fascinate for 2 years and I thought those days were behind me. Ugly lockscreens I can live with- lag I CANNOT.

I tried rebooting after update. I even shut down and let it sit awhile an hour later.
I tried clearing the cache from the new option in Settings
I tried some app from the market that adds blank files and delete them (cant remember what its called right now) EDIT: Its called Forever Gone and its in the Google Play store.

I don't have time to read thru tons of postings to find the answers- so hopefully I can get consolidated answers in this post.

I've never rooted or ROM'd this device. Its been flawless since the day I bought it until the update. I am not looking for people to chime in saying theirs works great. I just want helping on getting this device back to buttery smooth please.

EDIT: Thanks to idevice12345 post, I found that my lag problem stemmed from Google Current's sync feature. Turning that off in Google Current's settings and rebooting has fixed 99% of my lag. Hopefully that helps others-- getting help around these forums is a nightmare. Self appointed knuckleheads trying to derail our information highway.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abowlofsoda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AFAinHD
Old
(Last edited by AFAinHD; 19th November 2012 at 03:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 527

DONATE TO ME
Holy hell NO ONE CARES!!!
STOP HITTING THE NEW THREAD BUTTON OVER YOU NOT LIKING 4.2!!!
ITS SO DAMN ANNOYING.
For god sakes I've seen like 5 of these threads pop up today.
There is this new thing, its called google. Use it.
http://bit.ly/RNlVWH
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but you obviously didn't look at the thousand other useless threads about this same damn thing.

Quote:
I don't have time to read thru tons of postings to find the answers- so hopefully I can get consolidated answers in this post.
My god.
Graphics Designer for the SickleSoftware dev team.

I made beautiful boot animations for the Nexus 7 before it was cool.
Want to know how to make your own bootanimation? Check out my noob-friendly guide! Here.
My goo.im repo - here.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AFAinHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abowlofsoda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFAinHD View Post
Holy hell NO ONE CARES!!!
STOP HITTING THE NEW THREAD BUTTON OVER YOU NOT LIKING 4.2!!!
ITS SO DAMN ANNOYING.
For god sakes I've seen like 5 of these threads pop up today.
There is this new thing, its called google. Use it.
http://bit.ly/RNlVWH
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but you obviously didn't look at the thousand other useless threads about this same damn thing.

My god.
I like 4.2 I just don't like the lag. I looked thru the threads for a couple days now. Just haven't dug deep as it takes alot of time. I can google too. Your the one whos damn annoying right now- I'm just looking for help, not complaining. Look at my post, it even says I need help. Thanks for the worthless post tho.

p.s. I clicked your link. I'm not trying to downgrade- I'm trying to fix the lag. Can you google that one for me? I'm too lazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to abowlofsoda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veeman
Old
Thanks Meter 1514
Hey mate, this isn't a "Post your question and we'll spoon feed you answers" forum. Saying that you don't have time to look for answers won't cut it.

As for lag, try to do a clean install.

Sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to veeman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AFAinHD
Old
Thanks Meter 527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abowlofsoda View Post
I like 4.2 I just don't like the lag. I looked thru the threads for a couple days now. Just haven't dug deep as it takes alot of time. I can google too. Your the one whos damn annoying right now- I'm just looking for help, not complaining. Look at my post, it even says I need help. Thanks for the worthless post tho.

p.s. I clicked your link. I'm not trying to downgrade- I'm trying to fix the lag. Can you google that one for me? I'm too lazy.
This is XDA Developers, not XDA Lets create a new thread because I'm to lazy to look around for an answer.
I'm not going to spoon feed you. There are plenty of threads and posts out there that can be plenty of help. You just got to get off your ass and find them.
Here is your help.
Go.
Look.
For.
The.
Damn.
Answer.

Want to know how to make your own bootanimation? Check out my noob-friendly guide! Here.
My goo.im repo - here.
The Following User Says Thank You to AFAinHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

idevice12345
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
Go to Google currents and go to settings. Now click disable background apps then reboot. Viola

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idevice12345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abowlofsoda
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
What are you guys the forum police?

I been around XDA a long time for a few of my devices. I came here for help. I don't know why I have to preface that with a bunch of stipulations (I did a couple, I HAVE looked for answers and listed what I tried for 2 days now). I don't have hours and hours to dig for weeks thru tons of postings. Like I said, I LOOKED for 2 days now.

I am genuinely asking for HELP. I don't want to downgrade- I want real post about what to try. I'm sorry that it is offending people. Your frustratred with my post and I'm frustrated just asking for help.

You guys are so uptight. Just want to hear from people with similar experience and workarounds or whatever it takes. I'm contemplating a factory restore but I have everything so dialed in the way I like it that i'm saving that as a last resort.
The Following User Says Thank You to abowlofsoda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AFAinHD
Old
Thanks Meter 527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by idevice12345 View Post
Go to Google currents and go to settings. Now click disable background apps then reboot. Viola

My goo.im repo - here.

veeman
Old
Thanks Meter 1514
Quote:
Originally Posted by abowlofsoda View Post
What are you guys the forum police?

I been around XDA a long time for a few of my devices. I came here for help. I don't know why I have to preface that with a bunch of stipulations (I did a couple, I HAVE looked for answers and listed what I tried for 2 days now). I don't have hours and hours to dig for weeks thru tons of postings. Like I said, I LOOKED for 2 days now.

I am genuinely asking for HELP. I don't want to downgrade- I want real post about what to try. I'm sorry that it is offending people. Your frustratred with my post and I'm frustrated just asking for help.

You guys are so uptight. Just want to hear from people with similar experience and workarounds or whatever it takes. I'm contemplating a factory restore but I have everything so dialed in the way I like it that i'm saving that as a last resort.
Do you know what backing up **** is? Use titanium backup to backup everything.

Sent from my Nexus 7

idevice12345
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 33
I just watched a video of a guy doing that and his nexus was buttery smooth

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe