Official (2051 clicks)
- Download: http://goo.gl/XQJHw (Click the download button on the bottom most of the page)
- Highlights: This is the official release by miui.com which contains English and Chinese and has the fastest updates
- Updates: Weekly, with OTA
MiuiAndroid (1451 clicks)
- Download: http://goo.gl/FIAV9
- Highlights: This release by miuiandroid.com contains additional languages.
- Updates: Weekly
EmotionMIUI (654 clicks)
- Thread: http://goo.gl/jdTVB
- Highlights: 240DPI support, improvements, Bravia Engine, Aroma Installer to choose kernels etc.
- Updates: Irregular updates, probably discontinued
Hoschis MIUI (184 clicks)
- Thread: http://goo.gl/7dvQB9 old:http://goo.gl/BMdpdE
- Highlights: Speed tweaks (3G, Internet, Multitasking), Sony Clear Audio & Sony Bravia Engine, Aroma Installer (SonyApps, SamsungApps)
- Updates: Regularly updated
- If you don't have, then flash CWM Recovery
- Go into CWM Recovery, do a factory reset, and in Mounts and Storage menu, chose Format /sdcard (this will wipe your apps, settings, data, pictures and everything. If you have an external sdcard, it will not be deleted. Just the internal from your phone memory.)
- Flash MIUI
- Start the ROM, after finishing the setup wizard
- reboot and go into CWM Recovery again, flash gapps 20121011
- Optional: Flash Perseus CWM Kernel to be safe from the brick-bug and SuddenDeadSyndrome (SDS Bug) READ HERE TO KNOW IF YOU NEED IT
How the hell do I ...
Get more icons?
- MiroEx Project 1030 Icons: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2179933
Download the mtz file on your phone. Go to Themes App, swipe to the Local tab>Menu button>Import from SD card and choose the downloaded mtz file. Select it in the Local tab, and apply the theme (You need a XIAOMI account, which is free)
- V5 Extended Project 740 Icons: http://en.miui.com/thread-3270-1-1.html
Download the zip file on your phone. Go to Themes App, swipe to the Local tab>Menu button>Import from SD card and choose the downloaded mtz file. Select it in the Local tab, and apply the theme (You need a XIAOMI account, which is free)
You must be on your homescreen, not in an app. Press & hold your back button for 1 sec and the MultiView sidebar will appear on the left
Enable Smart stay?
Settings>Complete settings>Settings>Display>Smart stay
Enable Air View?
Settings>All settings>Settings>S Pen>Air view
Enable USB Mass Storage (UMS) for external SDCard
Description: Instead of using MTP Mode for accessing your phone with a computer, you can re-enable the better and faster UMS mode
Download: SGS3 Easy UMS v1.8
- Install the app
- unplug from USB cable, start app, grant root
- press UMS mode button
- Plug in USB cable to your Computer
- wait windows for installing the drivers
- windows should now be able to see your phone as an external drive, if not you have a driver installing issue or another problem
Correct removage, without damaging the sdcard:
- eject the drive in explorer/taskbar
- push "Mount card" in the app
- Remove the cable from your Phone
MIUI Control Panel Suite
Description: a lot of extended features only for miuiandroid.com rom 2.12.7
Download: http://d-h.st/RLn Language-Pack: http://d-h.st/F9f
Instructions: If you only use the rom without language-pack, then just flash the first file. If you want multilanguage support you must flash in this order: ROM, MIUI Control Panel Suite, ROM language-pack, MIUI Control Panel Suite language-pack.
Xperia S ICS Keyboard with MIUI style
Description: miuiaustralia.com made it based on official MIUI Sogou Millet Keyboard style
Instructions: flash in CWM, works on all roms, not only MIUI
MIUI Themed AOSP Keyboard
Description: miuiandroid.com made it based upon MIUI Sogou Millet Keyboard
Instructions: BEFORE FLASHING PLEASE CLEAR EXISTING ANDROID KEYBOARD (AOSP) DATA: Settings > Full Settings > Apps > Locate 'Android keyboard (AOSP)' > Clear data. Then flash the zip in CWM