Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
I was able to update to 4.2.2 easily using the existing toolkit so just wanted to share the steps.
1. Download the 4.2.2 image from google developers site.
2. Place it in the "put_google_factory_image_here" folder of toolkit.
3. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and select the device and build version as 1.Android 4.2.
4. Then in the next menu select option 9. flash google stock rom and follow instructions.
5. After the installaion of 4.2.2 the device might go into a bootloop, if it does go to fastboot and relock and then again unlock the bootloader from the toolkit and goto recovery mode and wipe data and reboot.
5. Now complete setting up your device and again go to fastboot mode select option 8. 1-Click for all.
This should work good for now if anyone faces any issue pls feel free to contact me. The main purpose of going manually into fastboot mode is because of the new 4.2.2 adb drivers. Since we dont have them installed in V1.3 of toolkit.
I used the toolkit to make a back up and transferred it to my pc. Now I want to restore the back up. I really just want to restore my Smurf's game but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. I tried a couple different things but I'm just firing in the dark here. Could someone point me in the right direction please?
While it's not possible as far as I am aware to just restore the Smurfs game backup, you can restore your backup in the toolkit by selecting option (2) Backup and restore your device, then select option (10) Restore apps from a Backup File and follow the instructions, once it's done your apps and it's data should be fully restored.
I'm good with restoring all the apps if that's how it needs to be.
When I get to option (10) it's asking me for a file because it can't find any files. I assume I need to push a file from my pc back to the tablet? Which file and where do I push it too? If I remember, it's asking me for .bak files but I only have .tar files.