Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,877 Members 50,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - NEXUS 10 V3.1.2 - Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 647
Default Re: [NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT V1.3.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE

Lots of badly treated charities and instrument sellers lately. Stuff like that. Its a matter of principle. And totally off topic. I hand flashed TWRP, at any rate.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Lord of the Snark™
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

crazyfunky
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT V1.3.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE

Regarding the update to 4.2.2 I was rooted with stock rom. I installed voodoo ota root keeper, updated after receiving ota notification with no issues. Sure enough I lost root, but was able to easily restore it with root keeper. I didn't loose any data.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

madroxx
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Tutorial Guide to update to 4.2.2 using v1.3 Toolkit

I was able to update to 4.2.2 easily using the existing toolkit so just wanted to share the steps.

1. Download the 4.2.2 image from google developers site.
2. Place it in the "put_google_factory_image_here" folder of toolkit.
3. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and select the device and build version as 1.Android 4.2.
4. Then in the next menu select option 9. flash google stock rom and follow instructions.
5. After the installaion of 4.2.2 the device might go into a bootloop, if it does go to fastboot and relock and then again unlock the bootloader from the toolkit and goto recovery mode and wipe data and reboot.
5. Now complete setting up your device and again go to fastboot mode select option 8. 1-Click for all.

This should work good for now if anyone faces any issue pls feel free to contact me. The main purpose of going manually into fastboot mode is because of the new 4.2.2 adb drivers. Since we dont have them installed in V1.3 of toolkit.
Enjoy flashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to madroxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

regis.stration
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfunky View Post
Regarding the update to 4.2.2 I was rooted with stock rom. I installed voodoo ota root keeper, updated after receiving ota notification with no issues. Sure enough I lost root, but was able to easily restore it with root keeper. I didn't loose any data.
+1 Worked great for me too. Thanks Crazy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S4, AT&T US (received 4/25, rooted 4/26, tethering 4/27) XDA developers are da bomb!!
Samsung/Google Nexus 10

previous:
Galaxy S3, Motorola Atrix 4G + Lapdock, HTC HD2, Tilt2, FUZE, Trinity, SDA, Sony/Ericsson P910i, ??
Asus Transformer, Honeycomb 3.1, rooted

I what I really like:
GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT, Webkey, EasyProfiles, Folder Organizer, Tasker, Utter, GMD Gesture control

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,685

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by madroxx View Post
I was able to update to 4.2.2 easily using the existing toolkit so just wanted to share the steps.

1. Download the 4.2.2 image from google developers site.
2. Place it in the "put_google_factory_image_here" folder of toolkit.
3. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and select the device and build version as 1.Android 4.2.
4. Then in the next menu select option 9. flash google stock rom and follow instructions.
5. After the installaion of 4.2.2 the device might go into a bootloop, if it does go to fastboot and relock and then again unlock the bootloader from the toolkit and goto recovery mode and wipe data and reboot.
5. Now complete setting up your device and again go to fastboot mode select option 8. 1-Click for all.

This should work good for now if anyone faces any issue pls feel free to contact me. The main purpose of going manually into fastboot mode is because of the new 4.2.2 adb drivers. Since we dont have them installed in V1.3 of toolkit.
Enjoy flashing.
Thanks for the manual instructions for 4.2.2 with the public toolkit

However you can still perform all the adb/fastboot functions with V1.3 as I posted a link to the new adb files aswell as instructions on adding them to the toolkit on post#1

NOTE1: The latest Auto Updates for the Toolkits include the new google files so this shouldnt be a problem for anyone who has Auto Updated their Toolkit recently.
1. Download http://goo.im/devs/mskip/toolkit/adb..._for_4.2.2.zip
2. Make sure your Toolkit has been closed correctly with the "x" option in the Main Menu or the adb server will still be running
3. Extract the contents of the zip file above to your Toolkit folder (overwriting the original files)
4. Run the Toolkit and when you get to the Main Menu a popup will appear on your device asking for authentification
If you do not get a popup then unplug/replug the usb cable to redetect the device.
5. Click ok to add your pc to the accepted list
6. Select the 'Refresh Main Menu' option in the Toolkit and your device will now show as 'device' and not 'offline'

Mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Daethian
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default How do I restore an app+data via toolkit?

I used the toolkit to make a back up and transferred it to my pc. Now I want to restore the back up. I really just want to restore my Smurf's game but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. I tried a couple different things but I'm just firing in the dark here. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethian View Post
I used the toolkit to make a back up and transferred it to my pc. Now I want to restore the back up. I really just want to restore my Smurf's game but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. I tried a couple different things but I'm just firing in the dark here. Could someone point me in the right direction please?
While it's not possible as far as I am aware to just restore the Smurfs game backup, you can restore your backup in the toolkit by selecting option (2) Backup and restore your device, then select option (10) Restore apps from a Backup File and follow the instructions, once it's done your apps and it's data should be fully restored.

Daethian
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
While it's not possible as far as I am aware to just restore the Smurfs game backup, you can restore your backup in the toolkit by selecting option (2) Backup and restore your device, then select option (10) Restore apps from a Backup File and follow the instructions, once it's done your apps and it's data should be fully restored.
I'm good with restoring all the apps if that's how it needs to be.
When I get to option (10) it's asking me for a file because it can't find any files. I assume I need to push a file from my pc back to the tablet? Which file and where do I push it too? If I remember, it's asking me for .bak files but I only have .tar files.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,527

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethian View Post
I'm good with restoring all the apps if that's how it needs to be.
When I get to option (10) it's asking me for a file because it can't find any files. I assume I need to push a file from my pc back to the tablet? Which file and where do I push it too? If I remember, it's asking me for .bak files but I only have .tar files.
You need to locate the backup you originally made when you using the backup feature in the toolkit. For example try looking for the backup wherever you installed the toolkit to such as C:\Google Nexus 10 Toolkit\mybackup.ab. It should also be an .ab file extension for the file which includes backup in the name for example “backup.bak.ab".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

supremazy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi,
I bought a Nexus 10 and I upgraded to 4.2.2.How can i root and unlock the device ? I have Nexus Toolkit 1.7.2
HTC One | Unlocked & Rooted

Nexus 10 | Unlocked & Rooted