Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Tip us?
 
waktasz
Old
#141  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 115
Join Date: Mar 2011
Yes.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the kernel (Ive been on b7 for a while now and have now issues) or Kernel Tuner, which I only recently downloaded a few days ago.

I did find that there is a setting inside of Kernel Tuner to reset all settings after a new kernel is flashed, but I'm not able to get back to it now because the app crashes when I open it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

And now after about a million reboots and reflashing b7, clearing data in Kernel Tuner I'm able to change the settings again. I tried setting it to ktoons again and the same thing happens so my phone definitely doesn't like that governor.
 
jac0b
Old
#142  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Posts: 201
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edgewater, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by waktasz View Post
Yes.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the kernel (Ive been on b7 for a while now and have now issues) or Kernel Tuner, which I only recently downloaded a few days ago.

I did find that there is a setting inside of Kernel Tuner to reset all settings after a new kernel is flashed, but I'm not able to get back to it now because the app crashes when I open it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

And now after about a million reboots and reflashing b7, clearing data in Kernel Tuner I'm able to change the settings again. I tried setting it to ktoons again and the same thing happens so my phone definitely doesn't like that governor.
The problem happened to me with ktoonservative when I set both CPUs to it.
 
w0tha
Old
#143  
w0tha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 240
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne
Default Re: [Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
I have not released a cm 10.1 kernel yet. More than likely tomorrow I will putting it out. Finishing the final touches now.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
Any news on this jac0b?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
HTC One (M8)
ROM: CM11 Nightlies
Kernal: CM11 Stock

Google Nexus 7
ROM: CM11 M6
Kernal: franco.Kernel - r77

Retired Devices:
Nexus 4 > HTC One XL > HTC Desire > iPhone 3G > Nokia 6280 > Motorola Razr > Nokia 3210
 
soulmad
Old
#144  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Re: [Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
Put your lowest CPU clock to 384 instead of 192.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
Sadly it has nothing to do with CPU clock. It appears to me that it has everything to do with the digitizer. After putting in the pocket for a while s2w will stop working and screen frozen as if the touch screen gets to many touches in the pocket and simply overflows

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
 
hv6478
Old
#145  
hv6478's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 517
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default Re: [Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

I can't wait to try this with CM10.1!! For now I'll do some testing with CM10.

This should be fine to flash over rohan's kernel and reboot?

Edit: On second thought, I'll do a fresh wipe later to
do it properly.

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)
If I helped, directly or indirectly, a THANKS is always appreciated!

CURRENT DEVICE:
LG G2 D803 (was Rogers, unlocked it, now on Virgin)

MY STUFF:
[GUIDE]: ROOT / BL-Unlock / Install Custom Recovery - LG Optimus G E970/1/3:
E970 AT&T Forum / E971/3 Canadian Forum

PAST DEVICES:
LG Optimus G | HTC One XL | HTC Sensation
HTC TyTN | HTC Touch | Some BlackBerries mixed in
 
Cryptecks
Old
#146  
Cryptecks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 399
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Athens, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmad View Post
Sadly it has nothing to do with CPU clock. It appears to me that it has everything to do with the digitizer. After putting in the pocket for a while s2w will stop working and screen frozen as if the touch screen gets to many touches in the pocket and simply overflows

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
I meant to come back and revisit this. I set my clocks to 384 and while the issue has definitely lessened considerably, it still happens occasionally requiring a hard reboot. Any ideas jac0b? It's certainly not a dealbreaker as the S2W and InteractiveX are worth it, but it sometimes happens at the most inopportune times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jac0b
Old
#147  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Posts: 201
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edgewater, FL
Default Re: [Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptecks View Post
I meant to come back and revisit this. I set my clocks to 384 and while the issue has definitely lessened considerably, it still happens occasionally requiring a hard reboot. Any ideas jac0b? It's certainly not a dealbreaker as the S2W and InteractiveX are worth it, but it sometimes happens at the most inopportune times.
Are you on 7.1?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
 
hv6478
Old
#148  
hv6478's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 517
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default Re: [Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

The digitizer should register nothing in your pocket. The phone might, for some reason, not be going into a full sleep/idle state perhaps.

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)
If I helped, directly or indirectly, a THANKS is always appreciated!

CURRENT DEVICE:
LG G2 D803 (was Rogers, unlocked it, now on Virgin)

MY STUFF:
[GUIDE]: ROOT / BL-Unlock / Install Custom Recovery - LG Optimus G E970/1/3:
E970 AT&T Forum / E971/3 Canadian Forum

PAST DEVICES:
LG Optimus G | HTC One XL | HTC Sensation
HTC TyTN | HTC Touch | Some BlackBerries mixed in
 
tfat1000
Old
#149  
tfat1000's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 51
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
Based off Cyanogenmod kernel.
Governors: AggressiveX, InteractiveX, Wheatley, Ktoonservative, Pegasusq, Conservative

I/O Scheduler: SIO I/O scheduler, Deadline tweaked

Other features: Sweep2Wake, increase max readahead buffer, CPU/GPU optimizations, disabled fsync, XZ compression, UV tweaks, GPU OC, Higher FSB, 4.7.3 optimization, Other misc tweaks, MPDecision & Thermal

No need to clear cache also, when you flash it will do it for you.

I have also added voltage control branch & CM-10.1 branch. These builds will be in the VC folder for voltage control and CM-10.1 for CM-10.1 of the download page.


Please let me know if you have any bugs or questions.
If you are posting any errors, please include logcat and kmsg if possible. Also please tell me what ROM you are using.

Thanks to rohan32 for all his help.

Code:
b7.1 - latest CM source
b7 - latest CM source, MPDecision, Thermal, GPU OC, tweaked "UP threshold" on some governors to 98%
b6.2 - merged with latest CM source
b6.1 - GPU OC, CPU1 clock follow CPU0
b6 - UV tweaks, Higher FSB, 4.7 optimization
b5.2 - added Pegasusq governor 
b5.1 - merged with CM source
b5 - added Ktoonservative governor
b4 - added multiple features most importantly sweep2wake
b3 - updated to interactiveX v2 
b2.2.1 - hopefully got a stable kernel
b2.2 - removed voltage control for stability
b2.1 - remove governors causing reboots
b2 - corrected cpu clock stepping
b1 - initial release
will it works well for AOKP jellybean 4.2 one xl?
 
jac0b
Old
#150  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Posts: 201
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edgewater, FL
Default Re: [Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfat1000 View Post
will it works well for AOKP jellybean 4.2 one xl?
No this will not work on 4.2. I will be updating soon to include 4.2.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to jac0b For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes