Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Tip us?

ChummyDays
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefAnt View Post
Can anyone explain to me why Dirty Rom is in the Android Dev sub forum and not the OG Android Dev sub forum?
Read the rules and you will see why. I'm pretty sure if you use a base Rom, it can't be in og development

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app
Phone:
LG G3
ROM: Stock (for now)
Kernel: Stock (for now)
Tablet:
ASUS Nexus 7
ROM: MIUI v6
Kernel: Franco Kernel

qingcai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
if u dont know, dont answer the questions

Sent from my One X using xda premium

phoenix2217
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Unfortunately this isn't stable on my phone. Whenever I change to interactiveX or pegasusQ it hot reboots. Wheatley seems to work for a while but once i get a phone call or do anything intensive it locks up. Not sure if it's the voltages. Never touched them. Are they the same stock ones as rohan as I can run his kernel. I'll try and get a logcat.

jac0b
Old
(Last edited by jac0b; 20th November 2012 at 11:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix2217 View Post
Unfortunately this isn't stable on my phone. Whenever I change to interactiveX or pegasusQ it hot reboots. Wheatley seems to work for a while but once i get a phone call or do anything intensive it locks up. Not sure if it's the voltages. Never touched them. Are they the same stock ones as rohan as I can run his kernel. I'll try and get a logcat.
I have been having the same issues. I will try to investigate it tonight.
Is your CPU set to 192Mhz on the lowend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1538

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
I have been having the same issues. I will try to investigate it tonight.
Is your CPU set to 192Mhz on the lowend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I was having the issue no matter what settings I used. It would boot and then a few minutes later would lock up.

jac0b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh87 View Post
I was having the issue no matter what settings I used. It would boot and then a few minutes later would lock up.
I have figured out that interactivex and pegasusq governors use early suspend which is causing the error. I have uploaded a new build without those governors. I am going to try and get them added back into a later build once i figure out the issue with early suspend.

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1538

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac0b View Post
I have figured out that interactivex and pegasusq governors use early suspend which is causing the error. I have uploaded a new build without those governors. I am going to try and get them added back into a later build once i figure out the issue with early suspend.
I'm pretty sure that's why Rohan doesn't have them in his kernel as they were causing issues.

jac0b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's why Rohan doesn't have them in his kernel as they were causing issues.
Well I am going to try and add them to mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to jac0b For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mlaws90
Old
Thanks Meter 2202
Quote:
I'm also having this issue, same issues for me as with rohan's kernel. So whatever code you took from that is what is causing those lock-ups/reboots for a select few. Flashing on the boot animation, tried on RootBOX, locks up very soon after boot, seconds. It did get through the 'Optimizing Apps' after the clearing of the caches on the first boot, finished and froze.
goo.im/devs/mlaws90 - hammerhead, flo, m7 builds
Primary Device: Nexus 5
ROM1: AICP v3.5 Nightly [04/07]
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 FHD
ROM1: ParanoidSaberDroid AOSPAL 4.2 Beta 3

jac0b
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaws90 View Post
I'm also having this issue, same issues for me as with rohan's kernel. So whatever code you took from that is what is causing those lock-ups/reboots for a select few. Flashing on the boot animation, tried on RootBOX, locks up very soon after boot, seconds. It did get through the 'Optimizing Apps' after the clearing of the caches on the first boot, finished and froze.
I will try the original cyanogenmod source and have you test if you want?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2