Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing tmobile rom on att version?

Tip us?

jwt0044
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 497
Default Flashing tmobile rom on att version?

Would it work with correct Modem?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

k1ng617
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt004 View Post

Thanks

I'd be interested in this too, because apparently the AT&T Note and the T-Mobile Note have exactly the same hardware. There was a post in the general forum that some guy supposedly installed an ATT "room" on his TMob Note and everything works fine. Seriously he said room like 10x which is why I think I glanced over the thread so many times without realizing what he was actually talking about.
Dumbphones => T-Mobile Dash => LG Dare => iPhone => iPhone 3G => OG Droid => Droid X => Galaxy Note => Galaxy Note 2

jwt0044
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 497
Just flashed Jedi X and worked like a charm! Data and voice without flashing any modems...awesome

Sent from my SGH-i317 using Tapatalk 2

k1ng617
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Just flashed Jedi X and worked like a charm! Data and voice without flashing any modems...awesome

Sent from my SGH-i317 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm that's interesting. Do you think it works interchangeably then? BTW what recovery do you use and does it constantly trigger triangle count everytime you reboot?
Dumbphones => T-Mobile Dash => LG Dare => iPhone => iPhone 3G => OG Droid => Droid X => Galaxy Note => Galaxy Note 2

jwt0044
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng617 View Post
Hmm that's interesting. Do you think it works interchangeably then? BTW what recovery do you use and does it constantly trigger triangle count everytime you reboot?
I guess so...I use TWRP and I wouldnt think it would affect your flash counter

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

play2lose
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng617 View Post
I'd be interested in this too, because apparently the AT&T Note and the T-Mobile Note have exactly the same hardware. There was a post in the general forum that some guy supposedly installed an ATT "room" on his TMob Note and everything works fine. Seriously he said room like 10x which is why I think I glanced over the thread so many times without realizing what he was actually talking about.
Well I can confirm that I did flash that DAGr8 AT&T rom on my T-Mobile Note 2 and it worked fine! Don't know about the other way around though but I'd assume so
The Following User Says Thank You to play2lose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Dennis_
Old
Thanks Meter 319

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks

As long as you have the correcr modem N7105, AT&T, and T-mobile ROMs are interchangeable. In fact there are some ROMs in the sev section from Sprint and N7105 base due to multi-window support.

Current device:
AT&T S4 with Wanam lite 1.1
Previous Device:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unlocked via *#197328640# menu (T-mobile service sucked, and customer care could not figure out how to do anything)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus(hated battery life & verizon's customer service and CDMA)
Verizon Samsung Stratosphere (loved keyboard, hated processor)
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T version)
Softbank X06HT (HTC Desire)
Google Nexus One (I broke a few resistors on the Motherboard)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Dennis_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

k1ng617
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dennis_ View Post
As long as you have the correcr modem N7105, AT&T, and T-mobile ROMs are interchangeable. In fact there are some ROMs in the sev section from Sprint and N7105 base due to multi-window support.

That's actually great news! The larger the base of potential users usually means more dev support.

TEKHD
Old
Thanks Meter 973

DONATE TO ME
what we actually need is a hybrid modem that at least gets HSPA+ on T-Mobile and AT&T... so we don't have to flash modems each time we swap sims...

DarthPiggie
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Wow this just made my day! I am so happy about this. Time to flash!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app