5,597,261 Members 40,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[modules] cifs.ko, md4.ko, nls_utf8.ko, stock [4.2 / 4.2.2] 3.4.5-g4e6298b / gaf9c307

Tip us?

rufus-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you option.ko and usb_wwan.ko modules for this 3.4.5 kernel? For modem 3g huawei...

H3g3m0n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus- View Post
Have you option.ko and usb_wwan.ko modules for this 3.4.5 kernel? For modem 3g huawei...
Added option.ko and usb_wwan.ko, also usbserial.ko that seems to be needed.

insmod usbseria.ko then usb_wwan.ko and option.ko last

rufus-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3g3m0n View Post
Added option.ko and usb_wwan.ko, also usbserial.ko that seems to be needed.

insmod usbseria.ko then usb_wwan.ko and option.ko last
Thank you. After insmod, if i reboot tablet is necesary repeat the proceso? Or only once. Changes any system file and i Will have problems With OTA?

H3g3m0n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus- View Post
Thank you. After insmod, if i reboot tablet is necesary repeat the proceso? Or only once. Changes any system file and i Will have problems With OTA?
You must insmod each boot. You can use script manager to do it for you.

As for OTA, I'm not exactly sure what breaks it but chances are rooting it will anyway (you need root to load the modules). But you can always keep the modules on the internal memory/sdcard rather than installing them.

rufus-
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much.

lopez1_de
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Shouldn't this modules work for use with cifsmanager or Mount Manager? I'm always getting the error "mount: Invalid argument".

darkuni
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks for the work on this. It does have a little caveat (one that makes it a manual process every time). Only apps running when you mount have access to the CIFS mount. Anything you run after? Doesn't see it. Well, sees it but nothing is there.

Totally reproducable. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

darkuni
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hey, can we get a simple umount script? I took a couple of stabs at it but I must be doing something wrong. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

hoboonthegogo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quick question all - (sorry an Android Noob here who's spent way too many hours reading through XDA since the Nexus 10 Purchase!

Mounting CIFs shares in this manner are you then seeing transfer speeds that the nexus 10 is capable of over Wifi? I've been trying to get the 80-90mbps through CIFs shares that I get from Iperf tests but all File Explorers only give me 20mbps which obviously isn't great for HD Video.

Just wanted to throw it out there to see what kind of bandwidth people are getting using this solution. Cheers!

lopez1_de
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I get an error with the shell script you posted. Line 54; syntax error: 'if' unmatched'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mount_error.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1534127