Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Protectors

Tip us?

treadwayj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Phone Screen Protectors

i know i am in the minority being a fan of zagg, but it looks like they are gonna be making a screen protector

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

joy_1484
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Cheap screen Protector in ebay

To day I found 5x screen protector in ebay just under 10 bucks.

I think it will be good and it is anti glare as well.

BFirebird101
Old
Thanks Meter 136
I want tempered glass

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

drumz0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I let the Verizon salesman get me to buy their overpriced protectors (3 for $15...) I really don't like it. It's as wide as the screen, but long enough to cover the Verizon logo on top, and the softkeys on the bottom. It has cut outs for the camera and the light sensor.

What I don't like, is that despite the best efforts of the Verizon salesman (and he did try his hardest, there isn't a spec of dust under the cover) the edges don't stick. This is because the phone's glass curves to the edge. This leaves a tiny bit of the protector that isn't stuck down. Not only does this look bad, but it's also going to attract dust and pocket lint to get in there.

Furthermore, the screen protector also detracts from the aesthetics of the phone, it shows finger prints much more than the gorilla glass 2 does, and it adds a very slight color tint.

I think I'm going to remove it and just go without.

Cheese78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you like Zagg then xtremeguard already has the DNA protectors available. Current sale means they are only 5 bucks a pop. I have used them before and was very pleased.

tcsfinest
Old
Thanks Meter 8
That is strange I got the Verizon screen protectors and don't have the issue ..however mine isn't edge to edge .. did he give you some type of aftermarket or does it have the droid stamp on it ..?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thrillhouse847
Old
Thanks Meter 37
The Verizon protectors not covering the entire screen (not edge to edge, only the part that's illuminated) is a deal breaker for me. I'll just keep shopping around.

Also, I have nothing against Zagg. I've used Zagg on two devices and they held up great without any of the (noticeable) orange-peeling effect I've read about. My only big complaint with them is the outrageous price.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW

serpentine009
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am patiently waiting for sgp steinheil, and a decent sleeve.
htc incredible
The Following User Says Thank You to serpentine009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HelenB
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default screen protector

The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector is the best!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelenB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wizend
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Are screen protectors even necessary? I owned my DROID X for 2 yrs without a screen protector and it looked as good as the day I bought it. That only had Gorilla Glass 1, it looks like Gorilla Glass 2 is supposed to be thinner is all, and I assume the same strength.

I am not for one going to put one on. Besides I love how silky smooth the screen is, and despise others with their sticky rough screen protectors.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2