FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[BOOT ANIMATION] DOCTOR WHO WEEPING ANGEL w/ SPLASH SCREEN

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 28
 
By ediebol, Member on 20th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My first boot animation... A little large, but it works... and if you like Doctor Who, it is awesome, especially paired with the Splash Screen!

Place bootanimation.zip in the system/media/ folder, and flash "flashthisimage.zip" in recovery.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pnjmtyfa136zewi/zwnte6kSFn


Special thanks to wewoapsiak for taking a second to make the gif for the OP (since I was too slow!!)
Last edited by ediebol; 8th December 2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Added GIF of bootanimation
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ediebol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
20th November 2012, 11:10 PM |#2  
Max_Pain's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
downloading now. gave you a thanks without even seeing it just because Dr. Who is so awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Max_Pain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 03:39 AM |#3  
jamcar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 398
 
More
Freaky! But I love it! That's super awesome!

Generating random authentication keys
22nd November 2012, 02:27 AM |#4  
EggosEvo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
I now love you forever. I haven't seen what it looks like. But any Doctor Who boot animation has to be good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
27th November 2012, 06:08 PM |#5  
Casbah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Weird,

I flashed it and said everything was good but all I see is the Keep Calm message, then android and nothing else.
Obviously when I looked at the PNG files it was ok. Was so hoping this would work.

Liquidsmooth ROM but Verizon S III phone
Last edited by Casbah; 27th November 2012 at 06:10 PM.
28th November 2012, 04:13 PM |#6  
ediebol's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah

Weird,

I flashed it and said everything was good but all I see is the Keep Calm message, then android and nothing else.
Obviously when I looked at the PNG files it was ok. Was so hoping this would work.

Liquidsmooth ROM but Verizon S III phone

You can flash "flashthisimage.zip" in CWM or TWRP, but bootanimation.zip is not a flashable zip... Gotta manually move it to system/media.

Give that a try and let me know.
28th November 2012, 09:07 PM |#7  
Casbah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediebol

You can flash "flashthisimage.zip" in CWM or TWRP, but bootanimation.zip is not a flashable zip... Gotta manually move it to system/media.

Give that a try and let me know.

No joy unfortunately. Could it be some kind of permission issue or maybe a difference in ROM...I'm running Liquidsmooth JB so maybe that is causing the problem. Had to restore the backup. Gonna try 1 more thing and I'll let you know. LOVE to get this working though. The PNG's are fantastic!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

OK....partially working now by moving the bootanimation.zip file directly to system/media and changing permissions to rw- r-- r--
I don't get the BLINK message but do get the angel moving and changing face form...

Next to see about the message. haha

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah

No joy unfortunately. Could it be some kind of permission issue or maybe a difference in ROM...I'm running Liquidsmooth JB so maybe that is causing the problem. Had to restore the backup. Gonna try 1 more thing and I'll let you know. LOVE to get this working though. The PNG's are fantastic!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

OK....partially working now by moving the bootanimation.zip file directly to system/media and changing permissions to rw- r-- r--
I don't get the BLINK message but do get the angel moving and changing face form...

Next to see about the message.

Just unpacked them both again and can't find the Keep Calm png files anywhere. So confused and really shouldn't be doing this at work. haha
28th November 2012, 09:35 PM |#8  
ediebol's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
I'm on the ktoonsez AOKP and it works fine... so I'm thinking it was the permissions that needed to be fixed like you did.

The keep calm message is a splash screen that should show right before the boot animation starts...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
28th November 2012, 10:18 PM |#9  
Casbah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Probably so. It's the splash screen included in one of the zip files? I couldn't find it when I extracted them to look for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
28th November 2012, 10:51 PM |#10  
ediebol's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
flashthisimage.zip is for the splash screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
28th November 2012, 11:42 PM |#11  
Casbah's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ahhh! Ok going to give it a shot and will report back....

That did it! Ok so the primary issue was that I needed to change permissions once I moved the bootanimation.zip to the correct folder. Thanks again for a great job!
Last edited by Casbah; 28th November 2012 at 11:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Casbah For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes