[BOOT ANIMATION] DOCTOR WHO WEEPING ANGEL w/ SPLASH SCREEN

OP ediebol

20th November 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 28

32 posts
More
My first boot animation... A little large, but it works... and if you like Doctor Who, it is awesome, especially paired with the Splash Screen!

Place bootanimation.zip in the system/media/ folder, and flash "flashthisimage.zip" in recovery.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pnjmtyfa136zewi/zwnte6kSFn

Special thanks to wewoapsiak for taking a second to make the gif for the OP (since I was too slow!!)
Last edited by ediebol; 8th December 2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added GIF of bootanimation
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ediebol For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 355

1,926 posts
downloading now. gave you a thanks without even seeing it just because Dr. Who is so awesome.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Max_Pain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 373

1,184 posts
More
Freaky! But I love it! That's super awesome!

Generating random authentication keys
22nd November 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 69

437 posts
More
I now love you forever. I haven't seen what it looks like. But any Doctor Who boot animation has to be good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
27th November 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 3

162 posts
More
Weird,

I flashed it and said everything was good but all I see is the Keep Calm message, then android and nothing else.
Obviously when I looked at the PNG files it was ok. Was so hoping this would work.

Liquidsmooth ROM but Verizon S III phone
Last edited by Casbah; 27th November 2012 at 07:10 PM.
28th November 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah

Weird,

I flashed it and said everything was good but all I see is the Keep Calm message, then android and nothing else.
Obviously when I looked at the PNG files it was ok. Was so hoping this would work.

Liquidsmooth ROM but Verizon S III phone

You can flash "flashthisimage.zip" in CWM or TWRP, but bootanimation.zip is not a flashable zip... Gotta manually move it to system/media.

Give that a try and let me know.
28th November 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #7  
Flag Washington DC

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ediebol

You can flash "flashthisimage.zip" in CWM or TWRP, but bootanimation.zip is not a flashable zip... Gotta manually move it to system/media.

Give that a try and let me know.

No joy unfortunately. Could it be some kind of permission issue or maybe a difference in ROM...I'm running Liquidsmooth JB so maybe that is causing the problem. Had to restore the backup. Gonna try 1 more thing and I'll let you know. LOVE to get this working though. The PNG's are fantastic!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

OK....partially working now by moving the bootanimation.zip file directly to system/media and changing permissions to rw- r-- r--
I don't get the BLINK message but do get the angel moving and changing face form...

Next to see about the message. haha

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah

No joy unfortunately. Could it be some kind of permission issue or maybe a difference in ROM...I'm running Liquidsmooth JB so maybe that is causing the problem. Had to restore the backup. Gonna try 1 more thing and I'll let you know. LOVE to get this working though. The PNG's are fantastic!

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

OK....partially working now by moving the bootanimation.zip file directly to system/media and changing permissions to rw- r-- r--
I don't get the BLINK message but do get the angel moving and changing face form...

Next to see about the message.

Just unpacked them both again and can't find the Keep Calm png files anywhere. So confused and really shouldn't be doing this at work. haha
28th November 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL

32 posts
More
I'm on the ktoonsez AOKP and it works fine... so I'm thinking it was the permissions that needed to be fixed like you did.

The keep calm message is a splash screen that should show right before the boot animation starts...

28th November 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Washington DC

162 posts
More
Probably so. It's the splash screen included in one of the zip files? I couldn't find it when I extracted them to look for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
28th November 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Orlando, FL

32 posts
More
flashthisimage.zip is for the splash screen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread