FAQ's - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Where can I download this awesome ROM?
Q: What's so awesome about this ROM?
Its an Xtra-hybrid ROM. Read First Post .
Q: Is a full wipe needed?
YES , If its first time you are flashing the ROM
NO, it is not required, but it is strongly recommended. If you choose to do a "dirty" flash, please do NOT post bug reports or issues you are having, as something from an earlier release might be causing the issue.
Q: I Can't see media in gallery or apollo. What To Do ?
Make sure you don't have corrupted files in SDcard, best way to check is to copy all your SDcard data to PC.
Q: Why Phone soft reboot's while playing video?
Disable HW overlay in Settings>>Developer Options. It's a known issue
Q: I want only 1 row of toggles/power widget, not both, how to disable one of them?
To disable CM's power widget, you know how. To disable AOKP toggles, ROM Control>Toggles>Enabled toggles>De-Select everything
Q: How to turn on Nav Ring feature in AOKP ROM Control?
You need to install gapps, Google Now to be specific, because it's a default Nav Ring
Q: I flashed this awesome ROM but I don't have Google Apps. why?
You simply have to download the gapps from download page and flash via recovery.
Q: Is Project Butter working on this ROM?
Yes, Project Butter in included.
Q: I'm having an issue and want to report it but I don't know how.
First, check if someone else has reported the same issue. If no one has reported the issue then make a post describing your issue. Don't forget to attach your logcat.
Q: I keep reading about this "logcat" what is it and how do I make on?
"The Android logging system provides a mechanism for collecting and viewing system debug output. Logs from various applications and portions of the system are collected in a series of circular buffers, which then can be viewed and filtered." To learn more about logcats and how to create them please refer first post
Q: Google play doesn't download anything , What To Do ?
Open Terminal Emulator Application and write following :
, then press enter and give allow root access, then write
ADDITIONAL UI CHANGE FAQs
Global density :
Is the one used by your hardware configuration and all non PAD touched applications. It's the old one that you can change with build.prop, and this one can get you outside of tablet mode - Phone mode. Don't touch it if you dont know what you're doing. This one has nothing to do with PAD or PAL, as it's the one designed by google.
Default SystemUI DPI :
User interface density, can be reflected on statusbar, Recent apps, etc. This one can't get you outside of your current mode.
Default User DPI :
Is the one used when your app is not on pad.prop list, so when you run a new app that it's installed by you, and not on /system/app, it will run at this density. This one cant get you outside your current mode neither.
Some Other Facts :
- You can't change framework dialogs (like when you hold power button) density on tab mode yet, don't waste your time (it's limited from 120 to 128 global density so it's not a huge difference)
- Keyboard must be on the same global density, for tablet mode (i have not tried phone mode)
- Disable Settings>System>Statusbar>Auto Hide statusbar
- If you see the dock on launchers in tablet mode, and not the old layout, this is NORMAL, it was ugly before, and now it's preset to phone mode at 240 density. If you want to get the old ugly tablet mode for launchers, go to settings > paranoid > hybrid settings > list apps, select your launcher, put density to 120-140 and put in on tablet mode
- I'm not the responsible that some apps, being on phone mode, and setted up to tablet mode looks ugly. Google is. Go blame google!
- The message that appears every time that you change DPI or layout mode for any app IS NORMAL, we put in there so changes can be applied, APP IS NOT FORCE CLOSING, we're asking you to force close, please read at least!