Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel]

Tip us?

androitri
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you have spare time, Can you also give us ATT/Rogers/Bell/Sasktel (unrooted) flashable firmware via Odin ? Since we need it to back to stock unrooted...

jon3sh
Old
Thanks Meter 507
Thank you so much you just saved my Note 2

mrRobinson
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 8019
I could post but let me be clear. There are exactly two files different from pure stock here. /system/app/Superuser.apk and /system/xbin/su

If you open Supersu and tell it to remove root and uninstall you are 100% stock. There is zero difference. So quite a waste to put up another 700+mb file for 2 files that total maybe 1mb.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8019
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincedoggy View Post
Can I request the Rogers stock Rom. AFTER flashing this device is still showing modified and learning hub is not working. I want to go back stock first to reset everything then root it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
This DID reset everything to pure stock. The only thing you would want to do is wipe data. This doesn't touch your data partition so to completely factory reset simply boot into the stock recovery. Do a factory/full wipe, then flash this. If you have already flashed this then simply do the wipe in the recovery and I'll guarantee learning hub starts working.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dbzgod
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Can I request the Rogers stock Rom. AFTER flashing this device is still showing modified and learning hub is not working. I want to go back stock first to reset everything then root it. Thanks in advance.

Posted a fix and reason why you've been locked out of learning hub in the Q and A thread you've posted in. Its explains how it happened and how to avoid it again. If all else fails then a wipe and reflash of Robbinsons rooted injected rom would be the next thing to do.

Sent from my SGH-I317M
The Following User Says Thank You to dbzgod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vincedoggy
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I already posted the problem in QandA but no solution yet. Will try this then report so others can avoid thus happen. Thx.

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8019
Quote:
I already posted the problem in QandA but no solution yet. Will try this then report so others can avoid thus happen. Thx.

What dbzgod posted is a solution. To simplify, if you flash what is in this OP and no custom recovery with a data wipe you will not be modified and the apps will work. if you are coming from modified then just clear data in the apps as he said and you'll be fine as well.

As an aside, all the canadian variants root injection are up. Just waiting on ATT now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scourge18a
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just curious then if this also includes the stock recovery?
I have CWM installed now and would need stock recovery if I am to fully return yo stock.
Thanks in advance. Really appreciate your work and time.

turilo
Old
Thanks Meter 717

DONATE TO ME
Nice work Mr Robinson :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mrRobinson
Old
Thanks Meter 8019
Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
Just curious then if this also includes the stock recovery?
I have CWM installed now and would need stock recovery if I am to fully return yo stock.
Thanks in advance. Really appreciate your work and time.
Yes. This is full stock. Kernel, recovery, bootloader, modem, system,etc.

Tags
note 2, odin, root, root66, stock