[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel]

OP mrRobinson

23rd February 2013, 02:04 PM   |  #341  
Thanks Meter: 5

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hieuy

i did all the steps above.. but now im stuck at the samsung screen.. anyone else come across this problem?

Yes. I believe what I did to get past the Samsung logo was to pull the battery, boot into stock recovery (vol up/home/power) and do a factory reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to TayzGpa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 10:25 PM   |  #342  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Question
Last edited by rrowe1980; 25th February 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: noticed I replied in wrong thread, confused name of thread with another.
26th February 2013, 04:55 AM   |  #343  
Flag Fayetteville
Thanks Meter: 10

116 posts
More
So this supposedly doesn't trip the flash counter. Can I flash it and then run Triangle Away, run the SuperSU Full Unroot, and be completely stock with "no" flash counter and it show official status in download mode? My Note2's antenna/radio or whatever seems messed up, because it can barely pick up a signal, so I want to send it back for another one.

UPDATE:
Confirmed. After trying so many different methods, I gave this a shot. Flashed via Odin, ran triangle away, used full unroot, and now I'm 100% stock with 0 flash counter.
Last edited by rha_december; 26th February 2013 at 05:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rha_december For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 521

2,258 posts
More
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rha_december

So this supposedly doesn't trip the flash counter. Can I flash it and then run Triangle Away, run the SuperSU Full Unroot, and be completely stock with "no" flash counter and it show official status in download mode? My Note2's antenna/radio or whatever seems messed up, because it can barely pick up a signal, so I want to send it back for another one.

UPDATE:
Confirmed. After trying so many different methods, I gave this a shot. Flashed via Odin, ran triangle away, used full unroot, and now I'm 100% stock with 0 flash counter.

Did you use rooted rom from here? Please post exactly hoq you did cuz im sending mine in too.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
28th February 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #345  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,333

2,367 posts
Re: [HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3sh

Did you use rooted rom from here? Please post exactly hoq you did cuz im sending mine in too.

You can just use the stock Odin rom from sammobile.com
If you use this file then just launch supersu after and in settings select full unroot .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2013, 09:49 PM   |  #346  

2,258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

You can just use the stock Odin rom from sammobile.com
If you use this file then just launch supersu after and in settings select full unroot .

I tried but still showing as modified tried with triangle away first then full unroot on superuser it does not show any counter but showing modified then tried flashing root injected rom from here and then full unroot still same result. Thanks
28th February 2013, 11:59 PM   |  #347  
Flag Victoria BC, Canada
Thanks Meter: 8

287 posts
More
Well I am not sure what happened to my device but I just checked Status and it shows Modified. I thought I had checked it before and it showed Stock or whatever.

How do you check for the Trip Counter?
1st March 2013, 12:27 AM   |  #348  
Thanks Meter: 6

204 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3sh

I tried but still showing as modified tried with triangle away first then full unroot on superuser it does not show any counter but showing modified then tried flashing root injected rom from here and then full unroot still same result. Thanks

Did you try either doing a factory data reset or flashing the stock tar from sam mobile, after running triangle away and unrooting?

When I did it, I flashed this first, then installed and ran Triangle Away, then using Odin, falshed the stock ROM tar. Then did a factory data reset before sending it in to warranty.

Good Luck

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmturbo

Well I am not sure what happened to my device but I just checked Status and it shows Modified. I thought I had checked it before and it showed Stock or whatever.

How do you check for the Trip Counter?

I noticed the same thing on mine recently. I had it all back to a zero'd flash counter, a binary status of normal, and a system status of normal in settings. But something happened along the way, and now I show modifed in settings and for binary status in download mode. Kind of a bummer after having it all cleaned up and fully rooted at one point.

Anyway to check the flash counter, turn your phone off, then hold volume down, the home button and power button all at the same time until the screen comes on with the yellow triangle, then push volume up once.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wherestheanykey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2013, 12:33 AM   |  #349  

2,258 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey

Did you try either doing a factory data reset or flashing the stock tar from sam mobile, after running triangle away and unrooting?

When I did it, I flashed this first, then installed and ran Triangle Away, then using Odin, falshed the stock ROM tar. Then did a factory data reset before sending it in to warranty.

Good Luck

Yup tried diff ways

1 flashed root injected rom, flashed triangle away, reset counter then after reboot ran superuser did full root then factory reset. Result Modified

2 flashed root injected rom, ran superuser full root then factory reset. Same modified.

3 flashed stock rom root with cf root installed t away, reset counter. Uninstalled t away then superuser to full unroot then factory reset still modified.

All above gives me No binary and Samsung official except for modified at device status.

I will try again with first or second step and will flashed stock rom no root then factory reset after. Will post for result later. Thanks

1st March 2013, 06:20 PM   |  #350  
Flag Victoria BC, Canada
Thanks Meter: 8

287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey

Good Luck

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

I noticed the same thing on mine recently. I had it all back to a zero'd flash counter, a binary status of normal, and a system status of normal in settings. But something happened along the way, and now I show modifed in settings and for binary status in download mode. Kind of a bummer after having it all cleaned up and fully rooted at one point.

Anyway to check the flash counter, turn your phone off, then hold volume down, the home button and power button all at the same time until the screen comes on with the yellow triangle, then push volume up once.

Thanks I'll check that.

What is Binary Staus and how do you check that? I am just going by Status in normal phone about settings?

OK I just checked Shows Custom Binary No Current Binary Samsung Official System Status Custom
Last edited by dsmturbo; 1st March 2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 2, odin, root, root66, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread