Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microsoft Surface RT Videos (Reviews, Tips, Apps)

Tip us?

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
This is a quick look at two features of the internet explorer browser: Flip Ahead and Browser Favourites

The Following User Says Thank You to vgjfelix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
A quick special video on how you can customise your Starscreen and background using the original colour scheme. A Festival of Colour:

And a look at an app that let's you watch live UK television (if you live in the UK)

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Since it's very possible that you might not want the screen to rotate into portrait mode, this video shows you how to disable it.

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
A very simple video: how does it take to boot the Surface RT from off?

ogieanakbaik
Old
Thanks Meter 4
really awesome.. especially booting time really fast

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quick look at browser speed test between the ipad and surface rt. Results aren't good for Microsoft's new tablet I'm afraid.

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
I made a brief video a week or two back about the HDMI not working on a television as I would expect. Simply put, plug and play on a 720p tv was causing issues. This video has caused much debate so here is a more in depth video.

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
As this is proving to be a popular topic, I quickly tried some of your suggestions and didn't get very far. Keep them coming!

e.mote
Old
(Last edited by e.mote; 8th December 2012 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 868
VGA connection is analog, and is different from HDMI connection (digital). In my experience, you're pretty much limited to 720p and 1080p for HDMI. As mentioned, Metro requires 1024x768 minimum (and 1366x768 for snap). Ask any netbook (1024x600) owner.

The solution would be to either swap out the large display for a 1080p model, or continue using it as an extended (2nd) display.

To move apps between displays (using "extended" display setup), suggest trying Winkey+PgUp/PgDn as mentioned in this link,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...onitors#1TC=t1

There are other relevant key combos here in this complete shortcuts listing, search on "monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oard-shortcuts

vgjfelix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Time to eat some humble pie. I'll take 60-80% of the blame for this. HDMI cable was 'apparently' in the wrong port - though I hasten to add the Transformer Prime was always plugged into this port.