Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogen Mod 9 for HTC Rezound S-ON

Tip us?
 
owensmomie
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2012
Default [Q] Cyanogen Mod 9 for HTC Rezound S-ON

I would like to download CM9 for my HTC Rezound S-ON. I have read through the Mega thread dedicated to it ( [ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] ) and have downloaded the CM9 zip and GAPPS zip but when I go to download the S-ON boot.img it says that it has either been removed or moved. I read through the entire thread and there was one update done but that download also has been removed. Without this download I cannot get CM9.

Could someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding this thread or provide me with the proper place to download it from. I am new to XDA however, my phone is rooted and flashed recovery Arom RA and I previously had an HTC Incredible rooted, flashed and had CM7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can tell by the threads and posts the time and work that the developers take when creating these different ROMS.

Thank you
 
Flyhalf205
Old
(Last edited by Flyhalf205; 21st November 2012 at 06:05 AM.)
#2  
Flyhalf205's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5734
Posts: 3,651
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmomie View Post
I would like to download CM9 for my HTC Rezound S-ON. I have read through the Mega thread dedicated to it ( [ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] ) and have downloaded the CM9 zip and GAPPS zip but when I go to download the S-ON boot.img it says that it has either been removed or moved. I read through the entire thread and there was one update done but that download also has been removed. Without this download I cannot get CM9.

Could someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding this thread or provide me with the proper place to download it from. I am new to XDA however, my phone is rooted and flashed recovery Arom RA and I previously had an HTC Incredible rooted, flashed and had CM7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can tell by the threads and posts the time and work that the developers take when creating these different ROMS.

Thank you
Take the boot.img that is inside the cm9 .zip you downloaded and flash it in HBOOT with fastboot
HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > HTC Rezound > HTC DNA > HTC One > HTC One Max
TO MY PHONE FUND!!!
My GitHub: https://github.com/Flyhalf205?tab=repositories
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyhalf205 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
platinumthomas
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 79
Join Date: Sep 2010
Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot.
Or, download CounterShrike, that's the only ROM that worked for me and S-on. You still have to go into the bootloader, but this ROM's installer places the file for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to platinumthomas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
owensmomie
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumthomas View Post
Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot.
Or, download CounterShrike, that's the only ROM that worked for me and S-on. You still have to go into the bootloader, but this ROM's installer places the file for you.
Thank you both very much for your quick responses. I thought that the file may be in the CM9 zip, but my husband said no and since he is the resident "tech genius" I listened to him. I cannot wait to flash this to my phone CM is my favorite ROM and I have missed it on my new rezound.

Again thank you for your help.
 
fo0you
Old
#5  
fo0you's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 238
Posts: 585
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumthomas View Post
Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot
This will not work. You'll also need a proper Android.info file in the PH98IMG.
Current: LGG2, Stock Rooted KK. Moto Razr M: CarbonRom 4.2 Release
Previous: Droid Eris (R.I.P. Jan 2010-Jan 2012): Retired with Workshed's CM7
 
jcd173339
Old
#6  
jcd173339's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Could I take the .img file and flash it using adb on the computer?
 
shrike1978
Old
#7  
shrike1978's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3094
Posts: 3,413
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcd173339 View Post
Could I take the .img file and flash it using adb on the computer?
No, but close. Boot into bootloader, go to fastboot, and run "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...