[Q] Cyanogen Mod 9 for HTC Rezound S-ON

21st November 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I would like to download CM9 for my HTC Rezound S-ON. I have read through the Mega thread dedicated to it ( [ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] ) and have downloaded the CM9 zip and GAPPS zip but when I go to download the S-ON boot.img it says that it has either been removed or moved. I read through the entire thread and there was one update done but that download also has been removed. Without this download I cannot get CM9.

Could someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding this thread or provide me with the proper place to download it from. I am new to XDA however, my phone is rooted and flashed recovery Arom RA and I previously had an HTC Incredible rooted, flashed and had CM7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can tell by the threads and posts the time and work that the developers take when creating these different ROMS.

Thank you
21st November 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 6,052

3,939 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmomie

I would like to download CM9 for my HTC Rezound S-ON. I have read through the Mega thread dedicated to it ( [ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA] ) and have downloaded the CM9 zip and GAPPS zip but when I go to download the S-ON boot.img it says that it has either been removed or moved. I read through the entire thread and there was one update done but that download also has been removed. Without this download I cannot get CM9.

Could someone please let me know if I am misunderstanding this thread or provide me with the proper place to download it from. I am new to XDA however, my phone is rooted and flashed recovery Arom RA and I previously had an HTC Incredible rooted, flashed and had CM7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.I can tell by the threads and posts the time and work that the developers take when creating these different ROMS.

Thank you

Take the boot.img that is inside the cm9 .zip you downloaded and flash it in HBOOT with fastboot
Last edited by Flyhalf205; 21st November 2012 at 06:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyhalf205 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

81 posts
Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot.
Or, download CounterShrike, that's the only ROM that worked for me and S-on. You still have to go into the bootloader, but this ROM's installer places the file for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to platinumthomas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumthomas

Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot.
Or, download CounterShrike, that's the only ROM that worked for me and S-on. You still have to go into the bootloader, but this ROM's installer places the file for you.

Thank you both very much for your quick responses. I thought that the file may be in the CM9 zip, but my husband said no and since he is the resident "tech genius" I listened to him. I cannot wait to flash this to my phone CM is my favorite ROM and I have missed it on my new rezound.

Again thank you for your help.
23rd November 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #5  
Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 238

585 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumthomas

Like Fly wrote, extract the boot.img from the cm9.zip, then zip the boot.img and name it PH98IMG. Place the PH98IMG.zip file on your SD card. Flash the ROM, then go into the bootloader and run fastboot

This will not work. You'll also need a proper Android.info file in the PH98IMG.
23rd November 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #6  
Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Could I take the .img file and flash it using adb on the computer?
23rd November 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 3,094

3,413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcd173339

Could I take the .img file and flash it using adb on the computer?

No, but close. Boot into bootloader, go to fastboot, and run "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread