Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 45,991 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keeping Unlimited Data?

Tip us?

textron
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Keeping Unlimited Data?

Do you think the Galaxy Note 2 is worth giving up unlimited data? I can only imagine how much data I would be using with this phone. I could imagine being limited. I couldn't see myself paying ful price to keep unlimited data going. Sprint nor Tmobile have LTE in my area.

Has anyone found a way around being pushed into the upgrade? I also found it obnoxious that they are charging a $30 upgrade fee and giving me a $50 upgrade discount at the same time lol.

kimdoocheol
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by textron View Post
Do you think the Galaxy Note 2 is worth giving up unlimited data? I can only imagine how much data I would be using with this phone. I could imagine being limited. I couldn't see myself paying ful price to keep unlimited data going. Sprint nor Tmobile have LTE in my area.

Has anyone found a way around being pushed into the upgrade? I also found it obnoxious that they are charging a $30 upgrade fee and giving me a $50 upgrade discount at the same time lol.
Nothing is worth giving up unlimited data.

4g tethering / internet practically anywhere there is 4g... I would never give that up for anything. I use around 7-10gb of data on the average.

drum747
Old
(Last edited by drum747; 21st November 2012 at 09:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
I will be giving up unlimited data this go around. After getting laid off of my job of 6 years I had to take a lower paying gig and the only way I could talk my wife into the Note 2 was if we combine our plans. I have never used more than 8 gb in a month and she uses 1 gb. We will either go with the 8 gb shared and save $30 a month by combining or maybe the 10gb plan. Its a small price to pay for me to upgrade from my X to the N2. It is what it is, I will make it work even though it does suck.

Gnoop
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm likely buying the phone outright and keeping the unlimited data. Even my wife doesn't want me to give up the unlimited data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gnoop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drum747
Old
Thanks Meter 56
That's cool. With 2 mortgages and 2 kids I couldn't justify 1400 for 2 phone's when we can get both for 700 and save 30 a month by combining. I hope all of you guys can keep unlimited, in 2 years ill see where the carriers are with respect to unlimited and move to another carrier if my 10gb plan isn't working for me. Honestly I doubt we will be having this conversation about unlimited on Verizon in 2 years. My guess is Verizon will decide in the near future to end it completely.

textron
Old
(Last edited by textron; 21st November 2012 at 10:42 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I wish there was a way to keep the plan. It's crazy they try to force you off.

My replacement Fascinate is defective with the constant reboots and overheating while charging. I was going to replace under warranty but I dropped it and the screen cracked which they have already tried to blame that for the problems. Assurion wants 99 bucks for a replacement. They keep telling me that my data usage is low. Yeah, my phone dies in 4 hours and crashes most when I use my web browsers.

Prior to that I was using 3-6 gigs a month. LTE + 2gb a month is like getting a Lambo to drive only in a parking garage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to textron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SFBPro
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Since I live at a University, I have to share with everyone else. I am averaging about 16GB a month so I have to keep the unlimited plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
-------------------------
Macbook Pro 6,2 {
2.4 Ghz Core i5
60GB Patriot Inferno SSD
500GB Momentus XT
8GB Ram}
Nexus 7 {
Paranoid Android 2.52}
Samsung Galaxy Nexus {
AOKP Milestone 1}

drum747
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Yup. 16 gb would cost you 170 (40 + 130 for data) a month on the new plan.

ihavenewnike
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Wouldn't it be illegal for them to "force" you to change data plans later when people continue to buy phones outright.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3, UNLOCKED AND ROOTED GALAXY NOTE 2 Verizon. FU VERIZON!!

xredjokerx
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenewnike View Post
Wouldn't it be illegal for them to "force" you to change data plans later when people continue to buy phones outright.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Yes but thhey can terminate you after you contract expires

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Currently running: Galaxy Note II

If you don't have drop box, please help me out and use my referral link http://db.tt/XJuRP3T