Ask a question

No registration required

Keeping Unlimited Data?

OP textron

21st November 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
Do you think the Galaxy Note 2 is worth giving up unlimited data? I can only imagine how much data I would be using with this phone. I could imagine being limited. I couldn't see myself paying ful price to keep unlimited data going. Sprint nor Tmobile have LTE in my area.

Has anyone found a way around being pushed into the upgrade? I also found it obnoxious that they are charging a $30 upgrade fee and giving me a $50 upgrade discount at the same time lol.
21st November 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 83

689 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by textron

Do you think the Galaxy Note 2 is worth giving up unlimited data? I can only imagine how much data I would be using with this phone. I could imagine being limited. I couldn't see myself paying ful price to keep unlimited data going. Sprint nor Tmobile have LTE in my area.

Has anyone found a way around being pushed into the upgrade? I also found it obnoxious that they are charging a $30 upgrade fee and giving me a $50 upgrade discount at the same time lol.

Nothing is worth giving up unlimited data.

4g tethering / internet practically anywhere there is 4g... I would never give that up for anything. I use around 7-10gb of data on the average.
21st November 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bay area, Ca.
Thanks Meter: 76

307 posts
More
I will be giving up unlimited data this go around. After getting laid off of my job of 6 years I had to take a lower paying gig and the only way I could talk my wife into the Note 2 was if we combine our plans. I have never used more than 8 gb in a month and she uses 1 gb. We will either go with the 8 gb shared and save $30 a month by combining or maybe the 10gb plan. Its a small price to pay for me to upgrade from my X to the N2. It is what it is, I will make it work even though it does suck.
Last edited by drum747; 21st November 2012 at 10:13 PM.
21st November 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

69 posts
I'm likely buying the phone outright and keeping the unlimited data. Even my wife doesn't want me to give up the unlimited data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gnoop For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bay area, Ca.

307 posts
More
That's cool. With 2 mortgages and 2 kids I couldn't justify 1400 for 2 phone's when we can get both for 700 and save 30 a month by combining. I hope all of you guys can keep unlimited, in 2 years ill see where the carriers are with respect to unlimited and move to another carrier if my 10gb plan isn't working for me. Honestly I doubt we will be having this conversation about unlimited on Verizon in 2 years. My guess is Verizon will decide in the near future to end it completely.
21st November 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

52 posts
I wish there was a way to keep the plan. It's crazy they try to force you off.

My replacement Fascinate is defective with the constant reboots and overheating while charging. I was going to replace under warranty but I dropped it and the screen cracked which they have already tried to blame that for the problems. Assurion wants 99 bucks for a replacement. They keep telling me that my data usage is low. Yeah, my phone dies in 4 hours and crashes most when I use my web browsers.

Prior to that I was using 3-6 gigs a month. LTE + 2gb a month is like getting a Lambo to drive only in a parking garage.
Last edited by textron; 21st November 2012 at 11:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to textron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2012, 11:52 PM   |  #7  
Flag Troy, AL
Thanks Meter: 11

174 posts
Since I live at a University, I have to share with everyone else. I am averaging about 16GB a month so I have to keep the unlimited plan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #8  
Flag Bay area, Ca.

307 posts
More
Yup. 16 gb would cost you 170 (40 + 130 for data) a month on the new plan.
22nd November 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #9  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 49

419 posts
More
Wouldn't it be illegal for them to "force" you to change data plans later when people continue to buy phones outright.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
22nd November 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 157

963 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenewnike

Wouldn't it be illegal for them to "force" you to change data plans later when people continue to buy phones outright.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes but thhey can terminate you after you contract expires

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread