Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keeping Unlimited Data?

Tip us?

dch921
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I wouldn't give up unlimited now, Just got 4G last week and have already burned through 10Gb in 1 week. Use to avg 4-6Gb on 3G in a month. I was able to upgrade my tablet to a phone and just add it to my family plan without changing what I already have. Will switch that out to a dumb phone once I get the Note 2

danutzz
Old
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone been successful keeping their unlimited data plan and getting the upgrade price, without using an extra line? Is this in plain writing somewhere that you will be losing unlimited data if you order online? ...this sux that the best quality 4g service belongs too a dick company
Click the thanks button if I helped you ----------------------------->

Jay A whY
Old
Thanks Meter 12
No phone is worth losing your unlimited data. When and if Verizon starts capping the unlimited plan like AT&T, then make that decision, until then, consume away.

On a side note, spent the holidays at the in-laws w/ no high speed Internet access.. Consumed 14GB (re-imaged laptop and steamed my slingbox) in 2 days.. My average monthly usage is less than 6GB. Unlimited is the only way to go!

Sent from my iPhone 5

dominick_7
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by textron View Post
Do you think the Galaxy Note 2 is worth giving up unlimited data? I can only imagine how much data I would be using with this phone. I could imagine being limited. I couldn't see myself paying ful price to keep unlimited data going. Sprint nor Tmobile have LTE in my area.

Has anyone found a way around being pushed into the upgrade? I also found it obnoxious that they are charging a $30 upgrade fee and giving me a $50 upgrade discount at the same time lol.

There are two ways to keep unl1mi1ted.

1- Buy the phone at full retail price.

2- Use an upgrade on another line (WITHOUT using alternative upgrade) and just moving it from there to your line with unlimited.

The only thing that sucks is in order to keep unlimited no one can use your upgrade on your line with unlimited. Any informed rep will tell you the same thing, but I wouldn't ask them anyway as they may also just take that away too and call that a success while they piss everyone off even more than they already are with their Shared Data ripoff. Don't see how they are not being sued like they did when they did kinda the same thing with 3G.

Juice3250
Old
Thanks Meter 111
My situation is that I have an unlimited 3g data plan. I've read that even if I were to buy a 4g phone at retail, when I try to activate it, I will be forced into a tiered 4g plan. Has anyone else heard of this? Because right now, this is the only thing keeping me from selling my Droid x2 and buying a galaxy nexus on Craigslist.

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

BlueHarford
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice3250 View Post
My situation is that I have an unlimited 3g data plan. I've read that even if I were to buy a 4g phone at retail, when I try to activate it, I will be forced into a tiered 4g plan. Has anyone else heard of this? Because right now, this is the only thing keeping me from selling my Droid x2 and buying a galaxy nexus on Craigslist.

not true... i added a line to my account for gnex and sgs3 and now note2.... then replaced them with standard phones i picked up for nothign to not pay the 30$ data. and stuck my 4g sim into the new phone.... still have unlimited data. no change in plan.

by law if they change your plan or force you to change it, with no agreement, there infact voiding the 2year contract you sign with them and you can then cancel your account and go to another provider.

kimdoocheol
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice3250 View Post

I have unlimited 3g and they said I should have no problem keeping unlimited 3g+4g as LONG as I don't upgrade my line. Iw ould call in and try again, I thinkt he rep you may have gotten may have been misinformed.

bigdad1963
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHarford View Post
not true... i added a line to my account for gnex and sgs3 and now note2.... then replaced them with standard phones i picked up for nothign to not pay the 30$ data. and stuck my 4g sim into the new phone.... still have unlimited data. no change in plan.

by law if they change your plan or force you to change it, with no agreement, there infact voiding the 2year contract you sign with them and you can then cancel your account and go to another provider.
More detailed if you don't mind. I have a gs3 with unlimited on it's own line and a separate shared plan for my wife and daughter and I would love to get a note 2 on my unlimited line when it comes out without paying full retail.

kimdoocheol
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdad1963 View Post
More detailed if you don't mind. I have a gs3 with unlimited on it's own line and a separate shared plan for my wife and daughter and I would love to get a note 2 on my unlimited line when it comes out without paying full retail.
Add a line, upgrade with that line, activate note on your line, activate do phone on new line, and enjoy. Alternatively you can use one of the upgrades your daughter or wife have, and the switch their smart phone back after you transfer the note ii to your line.

IamPro
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdoocheol View Post
Add a line, upgrade with that line, activate note on your line, activate do phone on new line, and enjoy. Alternatively you can use one of the upgrades your daughter or wife have, and the switch their smart phone back after you transfer the note ii to your line.
How does it come out to?