Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,613 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][TW] Note2Core v2.10- Standard, OC, Extreme,AsylumCore

Tip us?

pezlomd
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany84 View Post
I don't know anything about Kernels but I always love trying new stuff. I was just wanting to see if anyone could comment on what the author of the perseus kernel said about using this kernel on one of the American variants of the Galaxy Note 2? He said,
"The author completely disregards that the US versions have some hardware changes to them and using the 7105 kernel image on this device can be potentially dangerous as the GPIO pins between the US versions and the international version are different and things like battery charging can break. There are several power and charging differences between the two. It's lucky that this is only the AT&T version as on other carriers it would also break sound and volume. Use at your own choice but it's not something to be recommended."
I'm not trying to stir things up I just want to make sure it's safe to use this long term and I don't know enough about Kernels to know the difference. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
I flashed it and it seems to be running awesome. No problems yet and its very very smooth.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

shotchacokov
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Flashed it this morning. Seems to be fine

Galaxy Note 2

Retired:
Galaxy S 4G
AOKP - Milestone6 - FB
Feeling Blue Theme - Me

cmenard
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1233

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotchacokov View Post
Flashed it this morning. Seems to be fine

Anyone plugged in some headphones and adjusted volume yet?
AOKP Samsung p31xx and p51xx Device Maintainer

homepage - AOKP Home
twitter - @cwmenard
github - cmenard

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 379
Not sure if this is warranted or not (OP I'll delete if you request), but I ran a 7105 kernel on my SGH-T889 and within 24 hours my screen died. Phone still worked, touchscreen worked too, but it didn't light up anymore. Maybe it's a completely unrelated coincidence, just saying what happened to my phone when I was running the wrong kernel.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.

simplelife
Old
(Last edited by simplelife; 23rd November 2012 at 08:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng617 View Post
I won't be able to make the jump because I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and really don't want to kill my phone before hand, but when I get back I'm taking the dive.

A couple questions, if I'm rooted but without custom recovery can I just use mobile Odin or Pc Odin to flash the kernel? Will this give me a custom recovery? Also by doing this will it increase my flash counter?

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I care lol! I still get some occasional choppiness while using ADW. Does your note run smoother now? Also does it improve the wake up delay/lag?

Kennel dont do anything with Recovery.
I been test this kennel 2 days to make sure everything work fine ( except cant see 64g EXCARD)before share this great kennel in our forum.
For what i know if you flash via Odin will not raise counter

simplelife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany84 View Post
I don't know anything about Kernels but I always love trying new stuff. I was just wanting to see if anyone could comment on what the author of the perseus kernel said about using this kernel on one of the American variants of the Galaxy Note 2? He said,
"The author completely disregards that the US versions have some hardware changes to them and using the 7105 kernel image on this device can be potentially dangerous as the GPIO pins between the US versions and the international version are different and things like battery charging can break. There are several power and charging differences between the two. It's lucky that this is only the AT&T version as on other carriers it would also break sound and volume. Use at your own choice but it's not something to be recommended."
I'm not trying to stir things up I just want to make sure it's safe to use this long term and I don't know enough about Kernels to know the difference. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
As I said with the otheruser , included today are day 3 with OC kennel and just flash EX version this morning on my note without any issue but you have a choice.

simplelife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmenard View Post
Anyone plugged in some headphones and adjusted volume yet?
Im listening music with headset now work fine.

simplelife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
Not sure if this is warranted or not (OP I'll delete if you request), but I ran a 7105 kernel on my SGH-T889 and within 24 hours my screen died. Phone still worked, touchscreen worked too, but it didn't light up anymore. Maybe it's a completely unrelated coincidence, just saying what happened to my phone when I was running the wrong kernel.
Boot back CWM , wipe cache / davik, Reboot.Or you can flash back stock kennel to see if still have problem , can get from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957380 ( Thank Cmenard )

k1ng617
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelife View Post
Kennel dont do anything with Recovery.
I been test this kennel 2 days to make sure everything work fine ( except cant see 64g EXCARD)before share this great kennel in our forum.
For what i know if you flash via Odin will not raise counter
I thought kernels included the recovery, because I've swapped kernels before and it changes my CMW version or just change my recovery entirely.
Dumbphones => T-Mobile Dash => LG Dare => iPhone => iPhone 3G => OG Droid => Droid X => Galaxy Note => Galaxy Note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to k1ng617 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simplelife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng617 View Post
I thought kernels included the recovery, because I've swapped kernels before and it changes my CMW version or just change my recovery entirely.
" No form of recovery I included with the kernel or any custom roms. If you flash cwm recovery it will stay on the phone unless you odin flash a stock rom " This is what Origin Dev said.

The Following User Says Thank You to simplelife For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe