Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] Smart Launcher

Tip us?

GinLemon
Old
(Last edited by GinLemon; 27th May 2014 at 02:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default [APP][2.1+] Smart Launcher

Smart Launcher

Hi everybody, i'm the developer of Smart Launcher. There were other threads on xda about my launcher but I thought it was a good idea to start another one, update by me, to talk about its development. I hope this is not against the forum rules and if it is, i'm sorry.

Smart Launcher is an innovative launcher characterized by a minimalist design, low memory usage and an user-friendly UI that let you start any application with a few taps.
It is currently the only launcher on the store to features automatic cataloging of installed apps!

The developing team is composed by just me, so please be patient if sometimes i'm late with the updates.

Version 1.2.8 (current)
You can download it from the Google Play Store.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerfree (copy and paste)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerpro (copy and paste)

Here the beta tester community on Google Plus
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...89211052363907

Thank you
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to GinLemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeratos
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinLemon View Post
Smart Launcher

Hi everybody, i'm the developer of Smart Launcher. There was others thread on xda about my launcher but I thought it was a good idea to start another one, update by me, to talk about its development. I hope this is not against the forum rules and if it is, i'm sorry.

Smart Launcher is an innovative launcher characterized by a minimalist design, low memory usage and an user-friendly UI that let you start any application with a few taps.
It is currently the only launcher on the store to features automatic cataloging of installed apps!

The developing team is composed by just me, so please be patient if sometimes i'm late with the updates.

The current version is 0.10.31 and you can download it from the Google Play Store.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerfree (copy and paste)

I'm working on a new version that bring new clock styles, new bubbles style and a strong code optimization in the drawer. There is a bug that cause the launcher to crash on drawer on some devices and I'm trying to understand why this happens. If you'd like to try the new version you can download and install this package. Let me know if any error occurs.
ginlemonblog.com/dev/ginlemon.flowerfree.0.11.22.apk (copy and paste)

Thank you
tested the new version on my optimus one p500, no force closes so far

2am
Old
Thanks Meter 20
what's the difference between the free and pro version...also testing it right now

fcb13
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Im using the pro version, im loving it! Can we request features? If so id like to request these:

- Option to add widgets on homescreen
- Option to change app drawer icon
- Add folders in app drawer
- Different clock styles

zeratos
Old
Thanks Meter 258
nvm, I got a force close when I tried to add an app to another category and now apps don't appear on the app drawer and I mean no apps appear on the app drawer.
The Following User Says Thank You to zeratos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GinLemon
Old
(Last edited by GinLemon; 23rd November 2012 at 11:55 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2am View Post
what's the difference between the free and pro version...also testing it right now
Pro version has widget support and more colors for the bubbles background. (and it help me with the development!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb13 View Post
Im using the pro version, im loving it! Can we request features? If so id like to request these:

a) Option to add widgets on homescreen
b) Option to change app drawer icon
c) Add folders in app drawer
d) Different clock styles
a) It's a features i'd like to add in future.
b) Drawer icons are already themable, categories icons no at the moment.
c) Sorry, I don't think to add this feature in future.
d) I'm working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratos View Post
nvm, I got a force close when I tried to add an app to another category and now apps don't appear on the app drawer and I mean no apps appear on the app drawer.
What device are you using?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GinLemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiltedthrower
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I really do like this launcher. I purchased the pro edition. My two complaints-
1. Can't resize widgets
2. I'd like to be able to add sections/pages/categories. For example, I'd really like to have a favorites category.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Rooted Galaxy Note
The Following User Says Thank You to kiltedthrower For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GinLemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedthrower View Post
I really do like this launcher. I purchased the pro edition. My two complaints-
1. Can't resize widgets
2. I'd like to be able to add sections/pages/categories. For example, I'd really like to have a favorites category.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
1. I hope to manage to add this feature asap;
2. It's not so easy. If the original set of categories change, the auto-catalogation will stop working. I'm searching for a solution...
The Following User Says Thank You to GinLemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imjustafq
Old
Thanks Meter 183
my words are. just keep the launcher simple and lagg free.. dont bloat it too much. just keep the basic functions... testing it right now.. =)
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustafq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeratos
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinLemon View Post
Pro version has widget support and more colors for the bubbles background. (and it help me with the development!)

a) It's a features i'd like to add in future.
b) Drawer icons are already themable, categories icons no at the moment.
c) Sorry, I don't think to add this feature in future.
d) I'm working on it.

What device are you using?
I'm using an LG optimus one, it seems the only way to fix the problem to uninstall and install the launcher again.