Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-3G] Jr10 **3G** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7 3G

Tip us?

phonic
Old
Thanks Meter 411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
You must make a backup on first and wipe all before the flash.
Well a backup isn't technically "required", but just recommended.

But the reason I ask about wiping is because the instructions are a little lacking. This ROM is fairly stock, with (as far as I can tell) just some modified system APKs, modified framework and other tweaks - none of which would indicate that a full system wipe is required. So it might be possible to just install on top of stock and wipe cache/dalvik without wiping everything. I'm not sure if the OP meant you needed to wipe if coming from other (ie: non-stock) ROMs or anything including stock.

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2634
Location: Somewhere between sky and sea in Brittany - XDA Assist Place

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic View Post
Well a backup isn't technically "required", but just recommended.
But the reason I ask about wiping is because the instructions are a little lacking. This ROM is fairly stock, with (as far as I can tell) just some modified system APKs, modified framework and other tweaks - none of which would indicate that a full system wipe is required. So it might be possible to just install on top of stock and wipe cache/dalvik without wiping everything. I'm not sure if the OP meant you needed to wipe if coming from other (ie: non-stock) ROMs or anything including stock.
The quote come from the MoDaCo website and you will find it in the OP.
And about the backup, indeed it's just recommended but not required, but how many users come by crying that they have not made a backup.
That is why I always specifies to do a backup before.

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
Click and go to XDA-Assist
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Actual Devices : HTC One M8 - HTC One M7 //Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE
Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakonicki93 View Post
Hey, first of all great ROM and I'm looking forward to installing it on my Nexus 7 3G when I get it in few days. However, I have one question about phone calls. What happens when somebody tries to call you? I'll use my SIM card for text messaging. Will I be out of reach or something like that?

Thanks in advance!
Workaround for now: enable call forwarding before moving the SIM to the tablet. Either to another line you can answer, or a virtual number you can access with Skype, txtplus, Talkatone etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

paulobrien
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5681
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
The quote come from the MoDaCo website and you will find it in the OP.
And about the backup, indeed it's just recommended but not required, but how many users come by crying that they have not made a backup.
That is why I always specifies to do a backup before.
No wipe required, I'll update the first post!

P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien

Follow MoDaCo Android on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phonic
Old
Thanks Meter 411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien View Post
No wipe required, I'll update the first post!

P

Thanks for clarifying!

I'll flash this later tonight. Any chance you can get the phone enabled in the framework soon? I know it won't work (yet) on the carrier side, but that enabled SIP calling through the native dialer.

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
The bundled Flash Player did not appear to be functional for me in stock Browser. However I found an apk download on the Xoom section of XDA, and that one worked.

Stock Browser does not appear to have bookmark sync working the way it does on GNex 4.2.

paulobrien
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5681
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
The bundled Flash Player did not appear to be functional for me in stock Browser. However I found an apk download on the Xoom section of XDA, and that one worked.

Stock Browser does not appear to have bookmark sync working the way it does on GNex 4.2.
I'll fix both of those Monday.

P

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien View Post
I'll fix both of those Monday.

P

Great thanks!

Also: I noticed when I paired my GNex and N7 by Bluetooth, on the N7 I could see an option to use the GNex for Internet access. However even with BT tethering enabled on the N7, I could not see on the GNex an option to use the N7 for Internet access. Is there anything in this ROM that can be tweaked to present itself over BT for tethering, or does this also require the GNex to be tweaked?

paulobrien
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5681
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
Great thanks!

Also: I noticed when I paired my GNex and N7 by Bluetooth, on the N7 I could see an option to use the GNex for Internet access. However even with BT tethering enabled on the N7, I could not see on the GNex an option to use the N7 for Internet access. Is there anything in this ROM that can be tweaked to present itself over BT for tethering, or does this also require the GNex to be tweaked?
BT seems to be implemented differently on 4.2. Looking into it...

P

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 59
FINALLY!!!! A rom for us 3G guys/gals!!!! THANK YOU! I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread for a few days to check progress. I'm rooted & stock now but can't wait to have tweaks in my N7! I'm so spoiled having a Galaxy Nexus!

Thank you for your work!

Sent by an Android Guy using an iPad...