24th November 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #21  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 412

1,130 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

You must make a backup on first and wipe all before the flash.

Well a backup isn't technically "required", but just recommended.

But the reason I ask about wiping is because the instructions are a little lacking. This ROM is fairly stock, with (as far as I can tell) just some modified system APKs, modified framework and other tweaks - none of which would indicate that a full system wipe is required. So it might be possible to just install on top of stock and wipe cache/dalvik without wiping everything. I'm not sure if the OP meant you needed to wipe if coming from other (ie: non-stock) ROMs or anything including stock.
24th November 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,690

3,396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

Well a backup isn't technically "required", but just recommended.
But the reason I ask about wiping is because the instructions are a little lacking. This ROM is fairly stock, with (as far as I can tell) just some modified system APKs, modified framework and other tweaks - none of which would indicate that a full system wipe is required. So it might be possible to just install on top of stock and wipe cache/dalvik without wiping everything. I'm not sure if the OP meant you needed to wipe if coming from other (ie: non-stock) ROMs or anything including stock.

The quote come from the MoDaCo website and you will find it in the OP.
And about the backup, indeed it's just recommended but not required, but how many users come by crying that they have not made a backup.
That is why I always specifies to do a backup before.
24th November 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #23  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 485

3,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakonicki93

Hey, first of all great ROM and I'm looking forward to installing it on my Nexus 7 3G when I get it in few days. However, I have one question about phone calls. What happens when somebody tries to call you? I'll use my SIM card for text messaging. Will I be out of reach or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Workaround for now: enable call forwarding before moving the SIM to the tablet. Either to another line you can answer, or a virtual number you can access with Skype, txtplus, Talkatone etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
24th November 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 5,684

4,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64

The quote come from the MoDaCo website and you will find it in the OP.
And about the backup, indeed it's just recommended but not required, but how many users come by crying that they have not made a backup.
That is why I always specifies to do a backup before.

No wipe required, I'll update the first post!

P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #25  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 412

1,130 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien

No wipe required, I'll update the first post!

P

Thanks for clarifying!

I'll flash this later tonight. Any chance you can get the phone enabled in the framework soon? I know it won't work (yet) on the carrier side, but that enabled SIP calling through the native dialer.
24th November 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #26  
Flag Toronto

3,135 posts
More
The bundled Flash Player did not appear to be functional for me in stock Browser. However I found an apk download on the Xoom section of XDA, and that one worked.

Stock Browser does not appear to have bookmark sync working the way it does on GNex 4.2.
24th November 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

4,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist

The bundled Flash Player did not appear to be functional for me in stock Browser. However I found an apk download on the Xoom section of XDA, and that one worked.

Stock Browser does not appear to have bookmark sync working the way it does on GNex 4.2.

I'll fix both of those Monday.

P

24th November 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #28  
Flag Toronto

3,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien

I'll fix both of those Monday.

P

Great thanks!

Also: I noticed when I paired my GNex and N7 by Bluetooth, on the N7 I could see an option to use the GNex for Internet access. However even with BT tethering enabled on the N7, I could not see on the GNex an option to use the N7 for Internet access. Is there anything in this ROM that can be tweaked to present itself over BT for tethering, or does this also require the GNex to be tweaked?
24th November 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

4,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist

Great thanks!

Also: I noticed when I paired my GNex and N7 by Bluetooth, on the N7 I could see an option to use the GNex for Internet access. However even with BT tethering enabled on the N7, I could not see on the GNex an option to use the N7 for Internet access. Is there anything in this ROM that can be tweaked to present itself over BT for tethering, or does this also require the GNex to be tweaked?

BT seems to be implemented differently on 4.2. Looking into it...

P

25th November 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 73

558 posts
FINALLY!!!! A rom for us 3G guys/gals!!!! THANK YOU! I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread for a few days to check progress. I'm rooted & stock now but can't wait to have tweaks in my N7! I'm so spoiled having a Galaxy Nexus!

Thank you for your work!

Sent by an Android Guy using an iPad...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread