OP Shelnutt2

23rd November 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 119

1,437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfoucher

Works fantastic on Rogers. Would love a de-rogersfied rom as well.
Thank you everyone!

Does the Rogers version have a lot of bloatware on it? I remember my Samsung Captivate having about 3 or 4 Rogers apps put on it/
23rd November 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #12  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 87

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097

Does the Rogers version have a lot of bloatware on it? I remember my Samsung Captivate having about 3 or 4 Rogers apps put on it/

around 4-6 for rogers then theres the lg crapware
23rd November 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 7

179 posts
More
If it disables LG Security does that mean we can safely uninstall google apps like movies and books?
23rd November 2012, 05:19 AM   |  #14  
Flag Kingston, ON
Thanks Meter: 23

546 posts
More
Im just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row here, so I appologize if this is a redundant question. Which recovery are we supposed to use?? In the Sprint development forum there is a tethered version of CMW. Do we use that?? Or, is there something included in the FreeGee exploit? Or even still, do we just use the stock recovery?
23rd November 2012, 05:30 AM   |  #15  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 128

192 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumRush

If it disables LG Security does that mean we can safely uninstall google apps like movies and books?

In theory yes, but nobody's going to promise you that it won't happen at this point :P

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunswick000

Im just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row here, so I appologize if this is a redundant question. Which recovery are we supposed to use?? In the Sprint development forum there is a tethered version of CMW. Do we use that?? Or, is there something included in the FreeGee exploit? Or even still, do we just use the stock recovery?

Freegee includes CWM. Once it's done you can boot into the bootloader and get to cwm, or use adb and reboot into recovery that way (easier, because we can't see what we're selecting in the bootloader at the moment, vol down twice then power gets you there :P)
23rd November 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #16  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 119

1,437 posts
More
Just so I am clear you arent able to see the fastboot options because of LG's doing right? Not because of the exploit made here? Or was it because of the exploit and that was just an unfortunate side effect of doing it this way that would be fixable in a future update?
23rd November 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 220

738 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg1097

Just so I am clear you arent able to see the fastboot options because of LG's doing right? Not because of the exploit made here? Or was it because of the exploit and that was just an unfortunate side effect of doing it this way that would be fixable in a future update?

Nothing lg related. I believe it is just a trivial side effect and they rather release a version as quick as.possible and put focus on.more important stuff than target irrelevant images
23rd November 2012, 10:17 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
what about f180l
Last edited by wzc810049078; 23rd November 2012 at 10:22 AM.
23rd November 2012, 10:50 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
savages ininksh
Awesome! Can't wait for the custom roms coming, especially if it fixes the battery issue!
23rd November 2012, 01:49 PM   |  #20  
Flag Kingston, ON
Thanks Meter: 23

546 posts
More
I rooted and unlocked without any issues. However, when I enter CMW and attempt to make a nandroid backup of the original Rom it says "Can't mount unlock path". I've never run into this before. Do I need to mount something in the Mounts & Storage?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread