FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[Mod] Increase Max Brightness

Thanks Meter: 192
 
By hatcyl, Senior Member on 22nd November 2012, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
WARNING:
Using this mod may decrease battery life, decrease screen life and/or quality, cause overheating, cause your phone to blow up or cause other damage to your phone. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your phone.

This Mod will increase the max brightness of your phone by about 10%.

Note:
Auto Brightness must be turned off for this to work.
Root is required for this Mod.

Instructions:
Download and run app attached to this post.

Or. ..

echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/panel/auto_brightness

If you reboot or enable auto brightness you have to run it again.

The best way to tell if it worked would be to run it when your screen is already at full brightness. You'll see it go a bit brighter.

Tested on T-Mobile Note II, but this may work in many Samsung Galaxy phones.
Attached Files
File Type: apk A_Brighter_Note.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (668.2 KB, 2404 views)
File Type: apk A_Brighter_Note.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (668.2 KB, 2404 views)
Last edited by hatcyl; 23rd November 2012 at 06:23 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to hatcyl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd November 2012, 10:40 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Seems to have worked, but comparing brightness on one device by eyes is tough. It certainly didn't break anything though!
23rd November 2012, 02:49 AM |#3  
VeNuMuS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2,760
 
Donate to Me
More
Is there a way to lower minimum brightness? Cause even at the lowest brightness,its bright as hell
23rd November 2012, 03:22 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcyl

Hey, I posted this over at the TMobile forum, let me know if it works on this model!

This Mod will increase the max brightness of your phone by about 10%.

Note:
Auto Brightness must be turned off for this to work.
Root is required for this Mod.

Instructions:
Download and run app attached to this post.

Or. ..

echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/panel/auto_brightness

If you reboot or enable auto brightness you have to run it again.

The best way to tell if it worked would be to run it when your screen is already at full brightness. You'll see it go a bit brighter.

Tested on T-Mobile Note II, but this may work in many Samsung Galaxy phones.


thx
23rd November 2012, 03:27 AM |#5  
fryingpan0613's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,531
 
Donate to Me
More
It for sure works, thank you!
I think they will move this to themes and apps tho, just a heads up.

sent from my awesomely huge Note II
23rd November 2012, 04:24 AM |#6  
lickarock's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 545
 
Donate to Me
More
Holy crap. It worked. It worked well. And it worked immeately. No reboots or anything. I love it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
23rd November 2012, 05:03 AM |#7  
sliverr7x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Eau Claire
Thanks Meter: 598
 
More
tested on note 2.1 rom and works just fine thanks
23rd November 2012, 05:11 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 268
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar

Is there a way to lower minimum brightness? Cause even at the lowest brightness,its bright as hell

screen filter or root dim work. they place a transparent black overlay on top of the screen and dims everything. works best with oled/amoled screens as the overlay actually lowers the light output where if you were using a traditional led backlight it'll still have the same brightness but the hue of everything would be reduced.
The Following User Says Thank You to madsquabbles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2012, 04:36 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles

screen filter or root dim work. they place a transparent black overlay on top of the screen and dims everything. works best with oled/amoled screens as the overlay actually lowers the light output where if you were using a traditional led backlight it'll still have the same brightness but the hue of everything would be reduced.

I also find Galactic Night to be useful. I often use red mode if driving so I don't have a mini spot light in my car.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schale01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 06:40 PM |#10  
kingayazkhan's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Matli
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Angry Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcyl

WARNING:
Using this mod may decrease battery life, decrease screen life and/or quality, cause overheating, cause your phone to blow up or cause other damage to your phone. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your phone.

This Mod will increase the max brightness of your phone by about 10%.

Note:
Auto Brightness must be turned off for this to work.
Root is required for this Mod.

Instructions:
Download and run app attached to this post.

Or. ..

echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/panel/auto_brightness

If you reboot or enable auto brightness you have to run it again.

The best way to tell if it worked would be to run it when your screen is already at full brightness. You'll see it go a bit brighter.

Tested on T-Mobile Note II, but this may work in many Samsung Galaxy phones.

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes