Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 42,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T i317 with N7105 ROM and i317 Modem ==> TOTAL HAPPINESS

Tip us?

dbzgod
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscom View Post
The international version doesn't show LTE but it's still using it.

I will have the ROM up this morning in the development section. I wanted some people to test it before releasing it.
Showing LTE is controlled by the CSC. Have a look at my post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34688873
I copied what you did and also injected the Canadian CSC's onto my Canadian Note II. It shows LTE proof in screen shots. My LTE was working fine.

Sent from my SGH-I317M
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dbzgod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miscom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbzgod View Post
Showing LTE is controlled by the CSC. Have a look at my post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34688873
I copied what you did and also injected the Canadian CSC's onto my Canadian Note II. It shows LTE proof in screen shots. My LTE was working fine.

Sent from my SGH-I317M
That is excellent! Thanks for the information. This is exactly why I love this forum so much.

miscom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,086

DONATE TO ME
Default ROM is up

Please visit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016575 to download it.

Mwinggg
Old
Thanks Meter 42
nice, gonna test it on my rogers gn2

wont wipe data means i dun have to reinstall apps right?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

miscom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwinggg View Post
nice, gonna test it on my rogers gn2

wont wipe data means i dun have to reinstall apps right?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
Yes,you won't have to reinstall your apps and it won't replace your current modem.

When you do the backup of your current ROM remember to include the modem and the EFS partition.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

alcuin
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Does the fm radio app from the n7105 work on the i317? Thanks.

pirgulation
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktriad View Post
It would be great if you can show more proof that it was actually done in lte since it only shows 4G in the symbol and not 4GLTE (unless its in the rom itself tgat it couldnt display the symbol at all, just guessing)
I did this one as I drove by MCI (Kansas City International Airport) yesterday, running the international rom w/ the ATT modem flashed.

I find it fairly interesting if you watch the symbols up there, 3g/H/H+/4g,, with the stock firmware I dont remember seeing much out of it 'but' 4g even though It was nowhere near 4g/lte.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-28-21-39-23.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1523237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-11-29-22-27-44.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1523238  

cswithxda
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirgulation View Post
I did this one as I drove by MCI (Kansas City International Airport) yesterday, running the international rom w/ the ATT modem flashed.

I find it fairly interesting if you watch the symbols up there, 3g/H/H+/4g,, with the stock firmware I dont remember seeing much out of it 'but' 4g even though It was nowhere near 4g/lte.

Damn, that's some insane speed. I was in Overland park earlier tonight where it was covered by LTE. Tested on my gf's iphone5 and the down speed was like 2Mb, although up speed was decent at 15Mb... Weird AT&T or crappy iphone i guess.

Quote:
Unless something BIGGER than Sammy S4 and HTC One is happening, I'm staying with Nexus forever

buckiii2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default modem

I have an AT&T Note 2. How do I find out what modem I have. I think I flashed Scott's K7 modem on his AT&T se 1.0 forum but I want to make sure. By the way his rom is awesome. I also flashed Note2Core v2.10 - AsylumCore 2.11 Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE) which is running at 1.92. I am getting quadrant scores from 7600 to 8200, FPS 58 to 60. I also have flashed the 23 toggle mod from Scotts forum. I love this phone. It is running very smooth.

buckiii2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckiii2 View Post
I have an AT&T Note 2. How do I find out what modem I have. I think I flashed Scott's K7 modem on his AT&T se 1.0 forum but I want to make sure. By the way his rom is awesome. I also flashed Note2Core v2.10 - AsylumCore 2.11 Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE) which is running at 1.92. I am getting quadrant scores from 7600 to 8200, FPS 58 to 60. I also have flashed the 23 toggle mod from Scotts forum. I love this phone. It is running very smooth.
Update. I found it.