Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC One X stuck in airplane mode and no imei.....

OP bakert12

23rd November 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
My friend gave his one x to fix it for him. The problem is that the phone is stuck in airplane mode but in status bar it doesnt show an airplane.... It shows empty signal bar with an x as if theres no service......and when i try turn it off it says it stucks at turning off , leave it for hours and it will still be the same..... I tried rebooting the phone, factory reset, installed custom rom, RUU and i did all kinds of wipe and format in cwm and still the same. I have searched a lot about this i found some people with the same situation but i didnt find any solution installing other roms and kernels does not fix the problem...... I want to know if this is a hardware issue or software issue which i think it is..... And if theres a solution for it.....

Thank You.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
23rd November 2012, 08:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 398

1,273 posts
More
Try to push power button for 6 seconds
23rd November 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
I got the same problem, after flashing hboot 1.31 for JB Custom ROM. Now my phone can't turn on wifi and airplane mode always stays on "turning off". No way to go back to hboot 1.12 or 1.28 reflashing 1.31 two and three times and same situation. Tried 2 different custom roms different kernels... Done some google search and forum search. Any solution?
23rd November 2012, 11:59 AM   |  #4  
Liverpuuuuuuuuuul :)
Thanks Meter: 33

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakert12

My friend gave his one x to fix it for him. The problem is that the phone is stuck in airplane mode but in status bar it doesnt show an airplane.... It shows empty signal bar with an x as if theres no service......and when i try turn it off it says it stucks at turning off , leave it for hours and it will still be the same..... I tried rebooting the phone, factory reset, installed custom rom, RUU and i did all kinds of wipe and format in cwm and still the same. I have searched a lot about this i found some people with the same situation but i didnt find any solution installing other roms and kernels does not fix the problem...... I want to know if this is a hardware issue or software issue which i think it is..... And if theres a solution for it.....

Thank You.

Switch the power off and hold the power and volume down button for a few seconds until the soft touch keys (bottom three) flash a few times. I had this once and couldn't get it to work until i simulated a 'battery pull', which the above action imitates.

Hope it fixes this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to s1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sofia

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1977

Switch the power off and hold the power and volume down button for a few seconds until the soft touch keys (bottom three) flash a few times. I had this once and couldn't get it to work until i simulated a 'battery pull', which the above action imitates.

Hope it fixes this issue.

No, it doesn't help. If reboot helped it'd be stupid treat, but it's not. I can't send my phone for warranty repair, because hboot 1.31, even it's relocked. If I wait for RUU that matches the hboot and CID HTC_032 may be it will solve my problem or at least my warranty will not be void.
23rd November 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Doc_j is right rebooting doesnt help..... But my situation is a little diferrent i did not install any hboot . The phone was untouched when it got stuck in airplane mode.... Everything was stock i tried factory reset b4 changing anything but it didnt work. Doc_j did u try a stock kernel ? Or RUU ? Anyway if u find a solution plz let me know.... GL

23rd November 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Lanus, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 12,385

10,377 posts
Donate to Me
More
Smell trolls,
New accounts, ota day, nothing new

SkyDragon Sense, Dsensed, SeMistock & Stock Roms. Next Targe ~ ~ ~ > JB
23rd November 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 17

152 posts
More
Never heard about this on HTC... Samsung got these problems - there it is related to corrupted EFS folder.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to pastynko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Sofia

13 posts
More
Solved! My problem was the boot.img I flashed boot.img for ARHD 13 before and that was the reason. So after flashing boot.img for 15.0 all is OK.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Bakert12, try flashing hboot 1.31, unlock your bootloader, flash clockworkmod recovery, install previously downloaded and copyed to the SD card Android revolution HD 15.0 zip file from the recovery and finally flash boot.img for ARHD15.0 via fastboot. I think you have my problem, no matter how it happend

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doc_j For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2012, 10:35 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Ok thanks ill try that later....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread