Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel wakelock mdm_hsic_pm0?

Tip us?

intelli78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Kernel wakelock mdm_hsic_pm0?

I am seeing a lot of kernel wakelocks from this in BBS, but can't find anything about it online. Does anyone know what it is?

Yossarian33
Old
Thanks Meter 1
First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yossarian33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intelli78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Yes, I have indeed seen other reports of mdm and FastDormancy occurring simultaneously, but I don't have FastDormancy at all.

I have been unable to find any info on mdm since this post. There are a couple threads like this on other forums, so far none with answers though. It appears it is occurring with the GS3, as well.

If anyone else has any info, it would be much appreciated....

spiicytuna
Old
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelli78 View Post
I am seeing a lot of kernel wakelocks from this in BBS, but can't find anything about it online. Does anyone know what it is?
I am getting the same thing which is driving me nuts. I loose more battery overnight while sleeping then during the day when I sporadically use my device due to this.
I love twrp... if only it had a dialer.

by yours truly: SNAPturbo | SNAPwidget | SNAPpapers .......................... follow me on twitter @spiicytuna
collaboration: sculpted | Proton Voltage Control ..........................................or on g+

Check out what #teamwin is up to: http://teamw.in/

The Following User Says Thank You to spiicytuna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intelli78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Anyone?

s4pat
Old
Thanks Meter 45
i'm having this wakelock as well. can't find any information on it...anyone else?

s4pat
Old
Thanks Meter 45
People are saying in another thread that it's the "l2 hsic" for jellybean and it has to do with charging. One possible solution is to wake phone and go to home screen before unplugging charger. Also pulling battery for a couple minutes may help.

Sent from my SPH-L900
The Following User Says Thank You to s4pat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intelli78
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4pat View Post
People are saying in another thread that it's the "l2 hsic" for jellybean and it has to do with charging. One possible solution is to wake phone and go to home screen before unplugging charger. Also pulling battery for a couple minutes may help.

Sent from my SPH-L900
Thanks for the info. Can you link to that thread?

s4pat
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelli78 View Post
Thanks for the info. Can you link to that thread?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957906

i still have this wakelock and cant figure out what is causing it...

res_au
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I Disabled Fast Dormancy and that wake lock disappeared.
I'm not sure if we can get rid of the mdm_hsic_pm0 one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian33 View Post
First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.