Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Kernel wakelock mdm_hsic_pm0?

OP intelli78

23rd November 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
I am seeing a lot of kernel wakelocks from this in BBS, but can't find anything about it online. Does anyone know what it is?
24th November 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yossarian33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Yes, I have indeed seen other reports of mdm and FastDormancy occurring simultaneously, but I don't have FastDormancy at all.

I have been unable to find any info on mdm since this post. There are a couple threads like this on other forums, so far none with answers though. It appears it is occurring with the GS3, as well.

If anyone else has any info, it would be much appreciated....
27th November 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #4  
spiicytuna's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SF/Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 227
 
1,581 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelli78

I am seeing a lot of kernel wakelocks from this in BBS, but can't find anything about it online. Does anyone know what it is?

I am getting the same thing which is driving me nuts. I loose more battery overnight while sleeping then during the day when I sporadically use my device due to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiicytuna For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th November 2012, 08:43 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Anyone?
3rd December 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
i'm having this wakelock as well. can't find any information on it...anyone else?
3rd December 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
People are saying in another thread that it's the "l2 hsic" for jellybean and it has to do with charging. One possible solution is to wake phone and go to home screen before unplugging charger. Also pulling battery for a couple minutes may help.

Sent from my SPH-L900
The Following User Says Thank You to s4pat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4pat

People are saying in another thread that it's the "l2 hsic" for jellybean and it has to do with charging. One possible solution is to wake phone and go to home screen before unplugging charger. Also pulling battery for a couple minutes may help.

Sent from my SPH-L900

Thanks for the info. Can you link to that thread?
19th December 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelli78

Thanks for the info. Can you link to that thread?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1957906

i still have this wakelock and cant figure out what is causing it...
23rd December 2012, 11:42 PM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 35
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
More
I Disabled Fast Dormancy and that wake lock disappeared.
I'm not sure if we can get rid of the mdm_hsic_pm0 one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian33

First time I see it today, so I searched and I see you have the same problem.

Today is the first day I've been on 3G (no LTE in my area) all day, with WiFi disconnected, and BetterBatteryStats shows FastDormancy and mdm_hsic_pm0

Causally related? I am fairly sure FastDormancy is causally related to the 3g stuff, but not sure about mdm_hsic_pm0 - it's possible?

I'm on the i317M, though, so maybe that could help us troubleshoot.


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes