Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-AOSPA] [JB 4.3] ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 [Nexus 10] 21-SEP-2013

Tip us?

jaybob413
Old
(Last edited by jaybob413; 21st September 2013 at 05:08 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2667

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM-AOSPA] [JB 4.3] ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 [Nexus 10] 21-SEP-2013

ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.3 (JLS36G)

Work in Progress
  • Please make sure you have backups for anything you don't want to lose.
  • Caution is advised. No promises this will not eat your device and take over your home.
  • Google apps are not official, these have PA Specific change, we have tested all apps but you could still encounter issues.
  • If you have an issue please make sure it is repeatable, capture logcat/dmesg, etc and post to pastebin or similar.

Installation
  • Update your recovery to the latest version. Pre 4.2 recoveries can mess up your sd card/storage. We recommend TWRP.
  • Download pa google apps: From GOO Updated 17-SEP-2013
  • Download rom: From GOO Updated 21-SEP-2013
  • Follow PA on Google+ for changes and other info
  • Perform a factory reset in recovery, unless you are already on PA 3.94+ (or if you run into problems)
  • Flash ROM first, then gapps
  • Wipe dalvik & cache
  • Reboot and wait, first bootup can take a little time
  • Enter your Google account info, press home when you encounter the black screen
  • Please do not restore system apps, system data and Google apps. This can cause bootloops and other problems due to mismatches coming from CM to AOSP and moving from Android version 4.1.2 to 4.2 to 4.3

Hints
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to jaybob413 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaybob413
Old
(Last edited by jaybob413; 4th August 2013 at 02:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2667

DONATE TO ME
Default Updates

04-AUG-2013 - Fixed usb storage mounting and settings crash.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaybob413 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jaybob413
Old
Thanks Meter 2667

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved 2

Reserved for future use.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaybob413 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sttovo
Old
Thanks Meter 158
I just got the update notification from your 3.91 PA ROM. The changelog says no other root app needs to be installed, but that didn't work for me. I lost root on 3.92 if I didn't flash the SU 1.51 zip file. No biggie though, let me know if this should work and I did something wrong.

On another note, seems like /etc/init.d scripts are being run on boot, but anything that needs root isn't working. I'm trying to find a workaround, but nothing is working out so far. I've tried adding "su -c <some command>" but that still didn't work. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you, this is a great ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to sttovo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Attack_Dog
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sttovo View Post
I just got the update notification from your 3.91 PA ROM. The changelog says no other root app needs to be installed, but that didn't work for me. I lost root on 3.92 if I didn't flash the SU 1.51 zip file. No biggie though, let me know if this should work and I did something wrong.

On another note, seems like /etc/init.d scripts are being run on boot, but anything that needs root isn't working. I'm trying to find a workaround, but nothing is working out so far. I've tried adding "su -c <some command>" but that still didn't work. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you, this is a great ROM!
Root works for me on full wipe. Nova Launcher and ES File Explorer were granted root.
The Following User Says Thank You to Attack_Dog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doumer
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Thank you do much for bringing in the 4.3 update!

jtkes693
Old
(Last edited by jtkes693; 3rd August 2013 at 09:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Anyone getting an immediate force close when trying to see storage in the settings menu also media process crashes when I connect my tablet to a pc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attack_Dog
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkes693 View Post
Anyone getting an immediate force close when trying to see storage in the settings menu also media process crashes when I connect my tablet to a pc

Yeah. It's PA's code. Unofficial build has it too.

jtkes693
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack_Dog View Post
Yeah. It's PA's code. Unofficial build has it too.
Figured out it was ktoons kernel that was causing it not sure if its cuz of pa's code or kernels problem but leaving the included kernel fix it

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkes693 View Post
Figured out it was ktoons kernel that was causing it not sure if its cuz of pa's code or kernels problem but leaving the included kernel fix it

Nevermind its not a kernel problem had accidently flashed an older version

sttovo
Old
(Last edited by sttovo; 4th August 2013 at 12:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack_Dog View Post
Root works for me on full wipe. Nova Launcher and ES File Explorer were granted root.
Do you install any superuser type apps from the Playstore in support of root? I see an entry in Settings for "Superuser", but I never get prompted for root access and my root apps claim in not rooted. This is from a clean install (Factory Reset) and only installing the few apps that need root (not doing a restore).

Edit - If I was unlocked and rooted in 4.2.2, there's no need for me to root again once I've flashed PA 3.92? Flashing the latest PA is all I need?