Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM - AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Nexus 10] 19-JUL-2013

Tip us?

starkilling
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Base - Nexus 10] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by syraz View Post
Oh I so want to unlock/root and install this. got too far on tapped out before realizing I should have atleast rooted first
You don't need root to flash a ROM. Just an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to starkilling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkilling View Post
You don't need root to flash a ROM. Just an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
but easier to back up stuff with root though

dust.
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Base - Nexus 10] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
but easier to back up stuff with root though
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2147165

Best backup app for non rooted?

Check out that thread.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

dmot7291
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by je55ter View Post
I installed PA on my Nexus 10 a couple weeks ago, and after enjoying having the tablet UI back for a few days I tried out PIE.

It works pretty well, and I really like that it frees up the bottom of the screen where the nav bar normally resides. I have a couple thoughts on how it could be improved.

1. Pie Gravity: I'm currently using the pie anchored to the right edge of the screen, and this mostly works well, however it interferes with a few apps that have touch screen gestures that involve swiping in from the right edge of the screen. I would prefer to trigger the pie by swiping up from the bottom, but this causes the pie to appear in the middle of the bottom edge of the screen, which makes it difficult to reach all the options while holding the tablet in landscape with one hand on each side. I'd like the pie to appear in the lower right corner. It would be nice if the pie would appear near where the swipe that triggers it occurred. Or, failing that, if there were an option to specify in a little more detail where the pie appears.

2. I'm currently using the pie along with the phablet status bar by setting my nav bar to 0. In this mode you don't get the full functionality of the pie (with time battery and notifications displays). This makes sense most of the time, however a few apps (most notably lots of games) disable the status bar while in the app. If I want to check the time or battery status while in one of these apps, I have to switch to the home screen so the status bar reappears. It would be nice if I could just swipe open the pie while remaining in app to check those things. I'd like to see an option to enable full pie functionality when not in expanded desktop mode.

All in all, excellent work, and a big thanks to all the PA devs.

1. On the latest version of Pa on the nexus 4 there is an option for alignment where pie will appear where you swipe, and I'm eagerly awaiting this option for my nexus 10 as it pretty much replaces the option to have pie appear on any side of the screen.

2. I felt the same way about having full pie with the status bar. The only workaround I've found is smart status bar on the market, which let's you keep the status bar enabled in full screen mode. I think you'll need the paid version to have the status bar permanently enabled but this way you can simply disable the status bar whenever you want and quickly get it back with a simple swipe.

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dust. View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2147165

Best backup app for non rooted?

Check out that thread.

thanks! used carbon backup perfectly...not to charge this and unlock/root

tbis
Old
Thanks Meter 62

Quote:
Oh I so want to unlock/root and install this. got too far on tapped out before realizing I should have atleast rooted first
Hahah that's the scariest thing about changing roms for me. Try using carbon to back it up. U can backup without being rooted there his just more steps to it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

syraz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbis View Post
Hahah that's the scariest thing about changing roms for me. Try using carbon to back it up. U can backup without being rooted there his just more steps to it.

That is what I used. Little extra steps but worth it...all this because I get hooked on a stupid game lol

dust.
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
That is what I used. Little extra steps but worth it...all this because I get hooked on a stupid game lol
That game IS addicting... I just unlocked Mr. Burns :P

Sorry to be off-topic but not much activity this past week!
The Following User Says Thank You to dust. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tbis
Old
Thanks Meter 62

I paid way to much for the Damn doughnuts...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

tbis
Old
Thanks Meter 62

The key to leveling up fast lol

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361587710937.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1753039  

The Following User Says Thank You to tbis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]