Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to UNBRICK your Optimus G - security error, bootloop etc

Tip us?

ruaknight
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've just format system and unfortunately the rom isn't installing and now it show nothing when booting up but blank screen. I still have access to boot loader and recovery mode (no backup). Is there anyway to unbrick it?

easy_hk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
will this unbrick method delete all the user data ?

btw, if do a factory restore, all data will be delete ? or only data under certain folder will be delete ? anything/folder will left after factory reset ?

thanks

ManyouRisms
Old
(Last edited by ManyouRisms; 9th April 2013 at 06:30 AM.) Reason: new information
Thanks Meter 7
Default Computer crashes

Hey guys, I was having some issues with the computer crashing with usbxhci errors, which sounded like driver errors so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the usb drivers, (using asus gaming laptop with usb 3.0, windows 8 64 bit), was still blue screening when I entered download mode, what ended up working was using the download mode technique using the usb slot on my nintendo wii, unplugging it and plugging into my computer as it was in download mode. The problem I am having now, is its not wiping, adb wipe just enters recovery, so i'm wondering if theres a way i can wipe using total commander? I tried renaming the /data folder but its read-only, so i'm not sure what else to try.

Regards!

edit: I wasn't able to get into factory reset using volume down and power, but for some reason now it worked. looks good now, thanks.

edit #2 a million years later

Also found some seemingly more stable intel drivers for any Windows 8 users out there having this problem. Check out http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windo...st-controllers
The Following User Says Thank You to ManyouRisms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

durkvenema
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Original LG firmware

Hi,
As you have the Korean version and you have to file the serial number and type I assume you will get the Korean software again?
Rgrds, Durk

tankzar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Does anyone know how to retrieve an older KDZ file for Bell E973? The URL generates a link for H firmware, I need F to downgrade to root. Thanks in advance for the help!

cryolithic
Old
Thanks Meter 9
So, if you get stuck on a boot loop like I did, you can press Vol Down and Power to wipe the data on the phone, as the wipe.bat in the first part is broken.

painless6505
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for all the info; this fixed my bricked Telus Optimus G. Worked like a charm.

Jamessr79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cab file to kdz file

Ok I have the file downloaded to do the fix, but the file is a cab file but the software wants a kdz file. How do I change the file format?

sdhanve
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone is not starting after taking backup from rom mangaer, showing security error

Please help me.

My lg optimus black p970 is dead

When i was take rom backup from rom manger it reboot and stuct.at lg logo.

Showing security error.

rubbertoes
Old
(Last edited by rubbertoes; 4th March 2013 at 02:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Sprint LG LS970, but it says made in Korea, so does that mean I have the Korean version?

Also when I try the steps on the first page, I get a cab file. I tried using the app and the link (csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=MEID) way. You can also see in the file it shows it as a .cab file.
and my MEID number on back of phone is only 14 digits.

Any ideas? Thanks for all you do!