Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to UNBRICK your Optimus G - security error, bootloop etc

Tip us?

thracky
Old
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusteelfan View Post
Thank you. I have seen that but I do not know how to flash the TOT file. I have downloaded that, but do not know how to flash it.
There's plenty of tutorials for flashing .TOT files in LGNPST, try JHoopes' thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2013067

The same instructions are also found in carret's guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2006946

All you had to do was actually look.
  • HTC One - Telus - OmniRom
  • LG Optimus G LG-E973 - Telus - Rooted and Freegee'd, CM 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-i747 - Telus - CM10 Personal kangs. Headphone jack issues, exchanged!
  • Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100 - Unlocked - CM9 personal kangs.Sold!

Joyok
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I need a little help with this. Every time try to use KDZ_FW_UPD, it gets stuck while unpacking the KDZ and the program just crashes every time. Any ideas why?

Kchitown1977
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Will this work on sprint, there is no thread in sprint forums

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

HI I'M KC ,AND I'M A s4 fanatic
The Following User Says Thank You to Kchitown1977 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BloodBaron
Old
Thanks Meter 87
after the lparam=90 reboot is the phone supposed to go back into download mode or reboot normallly?
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11

potatohead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBaron View Post
after the lparam=90 reboot is the phone supposed to go back into download mode or reboot normallly?
should reboot normally, then as it reboots into the welcome and get-you-started screens, lparam will slowly count up to 100 before returning to 1 again, that is when you can safely unplug the cable.

potatohead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchitown1977 View Post
Will this work on sprint, there is no thread in sprint forums

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium
can you find your KDZ on LG's server via the LG app, and download it as a KDZ file?

if yes, it may work on Sprint and afaik it will not further harm your device even if it doesn't solve your problem, you can also PM thracky for more advices as mine is a GSM set.

potatohead
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyok View Post
Hi,

I need a little help with this. Every time try to use KDZ_FW_UPD, it gets stuck while unpacking the KDZ and the program just crashes every time. Any ideas why?
the KDZ of modern Optimus-es can be bigger than 1GB for some (carrier dependent), and thus may take a while to unpack.

also, have you tried re-downloading the KDZ? as it is a large file, the download may be bad/corrupted.

what are the specs of your computer?

have you tried on another computer?

Staz87
Old
(Last edited by Staz87; 16th December 2012 at 04:24 PM.) Reason: Added link to a log file
Thanks Meter 21
So after installing the CM10.1 Canadian version for the Optimus G, I tried to restore the phone to my stock rom and it was bricked. I used this guide and everything worked.

Now I bricked my phone same way as I decided to try the new build they released of CM10.1 and thought restoring would be no problem as I have already done so a few days ago. This time everything updated and the phone rebooted, but it is stuck at LG Logo. I tried running the wipe.bat, all I see is the cmd window pop up for split second and exit, but the phone won't reboot from recovery, so I reboot manually but I am still stuck at the LG logo.

Is there a way I can fix this?

Here is the log

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19817342/log.log

Staz87
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Ok I have figured it out. If anyone is having a similar issue here is what you do:

First follow the guide in this thread, if you are still stuck at boot logo even after the manual wipe power off your phone, hold down the power and volume down keys to enter factory reset mode and click power again to confirm a factory reset. This worked like a charm for me
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Staz87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tom3tom3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default "Extract File Error"

Hey guyz, i enabled Gl drivers in the Chainfire 3D app and now my phone is soft bricked, phone still turns on but is stuck after the LG logo, i have tried the guide, but everytime i press start update, there is always the "extract file Error" anyway to fix this? thanks.
P.S im pretty new to android.