Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KFHD System.img Recovery Tool

Tip us?

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke851Le View Post
My kindle is brick for installing process of cm10.1. so i enter the fastboot mode and use this tool .

but after restore su & reboot , amazon logo (yellow colored kindle fire) appear and stopped

how do i fix it? please help me
using the cm10 process means that you have loaded a custom recovery. That means you need to flash the original recovery system back to the device. I believe verygreen explains this in his post on the cm10 build. You could use this tool but you would have to use the downgrade method explained in the op.
The Following User Says Thank You to onemeila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Poke851Le
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeila View Post
using the cm10 process means that you have loaded a custom recovery. That means you need to flash the original recovery system back to the device. I believe verygreen explains this in his post on the cm10 build. You could use this tool but you would have to use the downgrade method explained in the op.
Thank you for a kind answer. Your tool made the rooting of my Kindle easy !

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke851Le View Post
Thank you for a kind answer. Your tool made the rooting of my Kindle easy !
Glad to hear it.

Thepooch
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,044
So this will not work with twrp and the 2nd bootloader installed? You must revert prior? How about just flashing update.zip like the first gen device?

Born2BeMild
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I'm caught in the same issue, and like an idiot, I didn't back up my recovery, is there anyway I can get back to it? can someone else just back up their recovery and I could flash that?

onemeila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2BeMild View Post
I'm caught in the same issue, and like an idiot, I didn't back up my recovery, is there anyway I can get back to it? can someone else just back up their recovery and I could flash that?
Yes you should be able to flash the stock recovery and boot.img's from anyone. Heres a link for those from 8.1.4:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4...it?usp=sharing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onemeila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Born2BeMild
Old
(Last edited by Born2BeMild; 9th February 2013 at 07:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Yes you should be able to flash the stock recovery and boot.img's from anyone. Heres a link for those from 8.1.4:
thank ya so very much, it worked!

LivingChampion
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Was following the steps to make my device work with TWRP but got the stuck orange logo screen. Does anyone mind giving me the stock.img recovery and boot.img for 8.30? 8.1.4 does not work anymore and I was an idiot for not backing it up. I assumed this would work incase something went wrong but I was wrong.

Born2BeMild
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You can flash the 8.1.4 boot and other images and use this tool to downgrade yourself to it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

LivingChampion
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I just backed up from my brother's imgs KFHD8. Working fine now. Going to give the bootloader another try.