[Q] bluetooth metadata

OP xfog

24th November 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I don't think this is a Note II question directly, but the Note II is what I have experience with, so I'll ask here.

I went to Best Buy to try out bluetooth pairing my phone with the car stereos. Aside from the pain of trying to get some of them connected, in the end I was able to see song metadata using the stock music player, but not spotify. I searched the web and it appears spotify doesn't have AVRCP 1.3 (yet?) which is supposedly the reason for this.

Then I decided to make a more prepared trip: besides the former two apps, I additionally loaded Pandora, Slacker Radio, Last.FM, MOG, and iHeartRadio. I went back to Best Buy and found while for the most part I could get any of them to play/stop/fwd/rev, none of them showed the metadata. One exception is I was able to get one ($500) stereo to do Pandora (including album art), although then I could never get it out of Pandora mode (I didn't spend too long at that, I was tired of testing by that point).

So my questions are:

1. There seem to be three versions of AVRCP: 1.0, 1.3, 1.4 but I can't find which the Note II has. I'm guessing it's at least 1.3 because the stock player was able to pass metadata. Anyone know?

2. Is it really true that basically every app is missing support for passing metadata? Or is this related to the specific Note II ROM or the stereo firmware?

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVRCP#A...le_.28AVRCP.29
4th January 2013, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 35

58 posts
More
If you use Spotify or Pandora, there are modified apps that support metadata.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2081475 is one for spotify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfog

I don't think this is a Note II question directly, but the Note II is what I have experience with, so I'll ask here.

I went to Best Buy to try out bluetooth pairing my phone with the car stereos. Aside from the pain of trying to get some of them connected, in the end I was able to see song metadata using the stock music player, but not spotify. I searched the web and it appears spotify doesn't have AVRCP 1.3 (yet?) which is supposedly the reason for this.

Then I decided to make a more prepared trip: besides the former two apps, I additionally loaded Pandora, Slacker Radio, Last.FM, MOG, and iHeartRadio. I went back to Best Buy and found while for the most part I could get any of them to play/stop/fwd/rev, none of them showed the metadata. One exception is I was able to get one ($500) stereo to do Pandora (including album art), although then I could never get it out of Pandora mode (I didn't spend too long at that, I was tired of testing by that point).

So my questions are:

1. There seem to be three versions of AVRCP: 1.0, 1.3, 1.4 but I can't find which the Note II has. I'm guessing it's at least 1.3 because the stock player was able to pass metadata. Anyone know?

2. Is it really true that basically every app is missing support for passing metadata? Or is this related to the specific Note II ROM or the stereo firmware?

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVRCP#A...le_.28AVRCP.29

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread