5,595,815 Members 37,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Tip us?
 
scott_0
Old
#191  
scott_0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 744
Join Date: Jun 2012
great work on this!!!! so easy
 
udayse
Old
#192  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default Crashes after rooting

Hi,
While I do enjoy the easy rooting, I have to say, I have experienced a lot more application crashes after rooting my phone. Sometimes my radios are also slow, that I have to reboot. Sometimes even just turning off and on data connection helps.

I never had these issues before rooting.

 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#193  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4780
Posts: 3,391
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayse View Post
Hi,
While I do enjoy the easy rooting, I have to say, I have experienced a lot more application crashes after rooting my phone. Sometimes my radios are also slow, that I have to reboot. Sometimes even just turning off and on data connection helps.

I never had these issues before rooting.

It has nothing to do with rooting.

 
udayse
Old
#194  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1 View Post
It has nothing to do with rooting.
Ok Thanks for confirming Skunkape.
I guess i am not sure why then.
 
caileb
Old
#195  
caileb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 332
Join Date: May 2011
I've been having a difficult time obtaining root on my device.

When I tried a couple months ago, I was getting stuck

Code:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
And just recently, Odin says the following:

Code:
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I am using the stock USB cable that came with my phone... and I have attempted on all my USB ports - even on the back of my box.

Any other suggestions?
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#196  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4780
Posts: 3,391
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by caileb View Post
I've been having a difficult time obtaining root on my device.

When I tried a couple months ago, I was getting stuck

Code:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.img
And just recently, Odin says the following:

Code:
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
I am using the stock USB cable that came with my phone... and I have attempted on all my USB ports - even on the back of my box.

Any other suggestions?
The stock cord is junk. Also try to redownload the files they could be corrupted.

 
xbmoyx
Old
#197  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 525
Posts: 2,187
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Hey I currently have an EVO 4G LTE but will be getting an S3 this week. My only question right now is when I get the new in box S3 is it OK I take the latest OTA update? (Jellybean?) I will be looking into rooting and what not soon so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by taking the updates. With HTC if you take ANY OTAs your likely screwing yourself so I'm wondering if the S3 is the same? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!
 
Skunk Ape1
Old
#198  
Skunk Ape1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4780
Posts: 3,391
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Killeen

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmoyx View Post
Hey I currently have an EVO 4G LTE but will be getting an S3 this week. My only question right now is when I get the new in box S3 is it OK I take the latest OTA update? (Jellybean?) I will be looking into rooting and what not soon so I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by taking the updates. With HTC if you take ANY OTAs your likely screwing yourself so I'm wondering if the S3 is the same? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Blazing fast LTEvo!
This root guide will work fine on the update. Go ahead and update, then come back here and get your root on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Skunk Ape1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
caileb
Old
#199  
caileb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 332
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Ape1 View Post
The stock cord is junk. Also try to redownload the files they could be corrupted.
I re-downloaded the files... and tried to root on my laptop; no go.

I even tried to update my device with Samsung Kies... but it keeps getting stuck at "Connecting"
 
xbmoyx
Old
#200  
xbmoyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 525
Posts: 2,187
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: [Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way

Skunk Ape1, I sent you a PM.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes