Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WIP][ROM] CM10 - i317

Tip us?

androidoholic
Old
(Last edited by androidoholic; 25th November 2012 at 03:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Default [WIP][ROM] CM10 - i317

CM10 ported from the n7100

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, IT WILL BOOT BUT IT IS NOT FOR DAILY USE, I AM ONLY POSTING IT BECAUSE I NEED HELP MAKING THE REST OF IT WORK.

I AM NOT A DEV. SO DON'T GET MAD AT ME IF THIS BRICKS YOUR PHONE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS

What's not working

Cellular connection (wifi works fine)
Sound (It was working but somehow I broke it)

That should be it.

Q&A thread

Installation instructions

Download Rom below
Save to SD Card
Reboot to recovery (only tested with TWRP)
WIPE SYSTEM AND FACTORY RESET
Flash Rom
Flash GAPPS
Wipe Dalvik and Cache
Reboot
Wait (It may take a while at the welcome screen)

DOWNLOADS

CM10
gapps

This is a direct port of cyanogenmod 10 for the n7100 source can be found here
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to androidoholic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidoholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
reserved...

androidoholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
one more just in case...

androidoholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
There is no way I could build on my PC it would take a week just to finish, by then we would be on CM 11, but yes this is a port of the n7100 CM10 nightly from today, the connection issues are because there is no modem I am sure, or at least not one that I can find, and I can't make it stick, and the sound is because it is set up for the n7100, that should be an easy fix that I will work on tonight.

antiochasylum
Old
(Last edited by antiochasylum; 25th November 2012 at 12:58 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7620

DONATE TO ME
Thinking about this, I'm not sure it will ever get cell network. Because there needs to be a compiled kernel with the Qualcomm modem enabled. And since this is the 7100 it doesn't have lte. So even with the correct ril files, it won't work.

We need an aosp kernel with Qualcomm modem support.

If someone wanted to look at the quicnyatt defconfig on cyanogenmod's site, you might get inside for the defconfig needed for the smdk4412

Also

Can I ask that we keep this thread to development purposes.

Please do not post OMG THIS IS AWESOME. That does nothing for helping.

If you have a development finding or fix, post it up. Otherwise please do not post.

Thanks.

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to antiochasylum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

id10terrordfw
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum View Post
Thinking about this, I'm not sure it will ever get cell network. Because there needs to be a compiled kernel with the Qualcomm modem enabled. And since this is the 7100 it doesn't have lte. So even with the correct ril files, it won't work.

We need an aosp kernel with Qualcomm modem support.

If someone wanted to look at the quicnyatt defconfig on cyanogenmod's site, you might get inside for the defconfig needed for the smdk4412

Also

Can I ask that we keep this thread to development purposes.

Please do not post OMG THIS IS AWESOME. That does nothing for helping.

If you have a development finding or fix, post it up. Otherwise please do not post.

Thanks.
Are the kernel modules similar for the Quincy as it has the Qualcomm S3 SOC and we have the Exynos? Would it not work to compile a kernel with the open source files from Sammy?

I may be way off on this, I am below a rookie at kernel compilation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
Current: T-Mo Note 3

Bout10bucks
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Possible kernel ?

I am watching this one like a hawk, just earlier they said that they are testing an aosp kernel for the n7105 (international version with LTE). I already use the tw variant

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2000328&highlight=7105

antiochasylum
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by id10terrordfw View Post
Are the kernel modules similar for the Quincy as it has the Qualcomm S3 SOC and we have the Exynos? Would it not work to compile a kernel with the open source files from Sammy?

I may be way off on this, I am below a rookie at kernel compilation.

The quincy has the old snapdragon 1.5, it does not have the new msm8960 as the S3's do. Also its not about modules. I've downloaded source and its pretty horrible, as most Samsung crap is.

Compiling a kernel would work from sources, it just has to support aosp, since CM uses its own ramdisk too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bout10bucks View Post
I am watching this one like a hawk, just earlier they said that they are testing an aosp kernel for the n7105 (international version with LTE). I already use the tw variant

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2000328&highlight=7105
I'll check it out.

Am I the only one really doing anything here? Seems like no one cares about pure aosp. Everyone doesn't want to loose stylus features.

Click below to see my teams work

Team Asylum CM 10.1 for the Galaxy Note 2 LTE
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Galaxy Note 2 HSPA
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 for the Nexus 4(mako)
Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 For the N7000

Nexus One < Tab 7 < Xoom < Tab 10.1 < Nexus S < Galaxy S II < Tab 7 Plus < Galaxy Nexus < Galaxy Note N7K < Nexus 7 < Galaxy S III < AT&T Galaxy S III < Galaxy Note II < Nexus 4 < Nexus 7 2013 < Galaxy Note 3 < Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to antiochasylum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romee74
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum View Post
The quincy has the old snapdragon 1.5, it does not have the new msm8960 as the S3's do. Also its not about modules. I've downloaded source and its pretty horrible, as most Samsung crap is.

Compiling a kernel would work from sources, it just has to support aosp, since CM uses its own ramdisk too.

I'll check it out.

Am I the only one really doing anything here? Seems like no one cares about pure aosp. Everyone doesn't want to loose stylus features.
I am all for pure AOSP I just don't know how to do much. I am happy to help test but that is about the extent of capabilities right now. I love my stylus but don't need all the stylus "shortcuts". I ran AOSP on my note one and the stylus worked great even did good for the harder you pressed on the stylus the darker it would write. The only thing I lost were all the button and shortcuts integrated with touchwiz. I used papyrus as my snote/smemo replacement and actually prefer it over the Samsung crap that lost my memos every time I flashed anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Romee74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bout10bucks
Old
(Last edited by Bout10bucks; 25th November 2012 at 11:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
All I want is AOSP, maybe a little Paranoid Android. S-Pen lost it's novelty for me after a couple of hours. I also must have misread the kernel post. NEAK only has a Sammy kernel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app