Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Chrome apk

Tip us?

d1zturbe3d
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Google Chrome apk

For some reason I'm having a hard time locating the Google chrome apk. I was only able to find the chrome beta apk. Can anyone direct me towards the non beta apk or does anyone have it?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my KFHD

srich1982
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default here ya go

here ya go works just fine on mine, just can't sync with desktop cause of Amazon not having the google account thing /sh/mjkwzywnsfbpude/QgGJPmgod9/chrome.apk
Just add www . dropbox . com to the front of that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to srich1982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrcpu
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Interesting. i installed the chrome apk downloaded from apktop.com, and while it installed OK, it told me that it couldn't run due to missing crucial system features. Then it closed.

I have gmail and play store set up and configured, I'm not sure what it's complaining about.
AT&T SGS4 stock, rooted.

srich1982
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcpu View Post
Interesting. i installed the chrome apk downloaded from apktop.com, and while it installed OK, it told me that it couldn't run due to missing crucial system features. Then it closed.

I have gmail and play store set up and configured, I'm not sure what it's complaining about.

i've not had that problem, but did you try to set up the sync option, because that'll force close since the google account framework thing isn't there thanks to amazon... without doing that it's still a better browser by far compared to silk lol

d1zturbe3d
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks a lot for the apk.

KFHD

sihung
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the apk mate, been long looking for this one

NH2G
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Any way to get onscreen tabs like the Nexus 7 or any other 10 inch tablet. I think it looks nicer and it makes it easier to switch tabs.

taurolyon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Cool Remove Silk

Thanks for the APK - works great! With this now as my default browser (and nixxing Amazon Silk), I finally got my gPlay to work past the user agreement and stop crashing.

I went in and changed /system/app/HTMLViewer.apk to .bak then 'adb reboot' to nixx Amazon Silk.

Goosteady
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can someone repost that .apk? The link is broken and I'm desperate for better browsing.

Thanks

Gilly10
Old
(Last edited by Gilly10; 4th February 2013 at 01:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosteady View Post
Can someone repost that .apk? The link is broken and I'm desperate for better browsing.
You can get both the Stable & Beta versions from these links, to get the .apk use the drop down arrow next to the "Install" button & select "to PC" to download the file

Chrome Stable - http://www.1mobile.com/chrome-343054.html

Chrome Beta - http://www.1mobile.com/chrome-beta-723346.html