5,597,397 Members 30,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Attention Devs! Get your Roms on Rom Toolbox NOW!

Tip us?

Master Ramy
Old
(Last edited by Master Ramy; 3rd December 2012 at 05:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Smile Attention Devs! Get your Roms on Rom Toolbox NOW!

Hello Developers!

I work with Jrummy Apps Inc, the company and developer who brought you Rom Toolbox, Root Browser, Ultimate Backup, Busybox Installer, and many other root apps.

First, some background:
ROM Toolbox combines all the great root apps into one monster app with a beautiful and easy to use interface. ROM Toolbox has every tool you need to make your Android device fast and customized to your liking. ROM Toolbox has been featured on LifeHacker, XDA-Developers, Droid-Life, Android Central, RootzWiki, Android Police, DroidForums and other popular sites. ROM Toolbox has one of the highest ratings in the top 100 paid apps. Over 12,000 people gave it a full 5 star review! ★★★★★

ROM Toolbox combines apps like Titanium Backup, ROM Manager, Root Explorer, SetCPU, Ad Blocker, MetaMorph, Autorun Manager, Terminal Emulator, Script Manager, SD Booster, BuildProp Editor, Font Installer, Boot Animation Installer & many more apps into an all-in-one app!

The Revamped Rom Manager section now adds support for OTA updates!

Here’s where you come in:

We want your rom in our app. All roms will be *completely* free to download through our Rom Manager.

Why should you want to put your rom in our app?

Because your rom would be available to a much larger audience with more potential downloads and donations for you.

We want this to be as easy as possible for you.

To get the rom on ROM Toolbox, please do the following:

1) Fill out the file below with the roms/zips you want to have.
2) Save it in JSON format. I recommend using the free program called Notepad++ to modify and save json files.
3) Upload this file to your server. That way you can be in control of what ROMs show up at all times. Otherwise we can host it ourselves.
4) Send us the link to this file on your server.
5) Send us a summary of the ROM.
6) Send us the name of the ROM.
7) Send us the devices you support.

Code:
{
        "version": "1", /*Keep this here, do not change or modify*/
        "homepage": "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=...",/*link to website or original thread*/
        "donate": "https://www.paypal.com/...", /*donation link*/
        "roms": [
                {
                        "name": "NoWizAOSPmod v.1.4.2 (7/22)",/*Name of Rom*/
                        "product": "NoWizAOSPmod",/*Name of series*/
                        "summary": "NoWizAOSP is a rom without wiz, and mimicking aosp...", /*Description of rom, and as updates begin, you will want to put changelogs here.*/
                        "device": "d2spr", /*device id*/
                        "url": "http://xeoduxus.com/downloadable/nowizaosp.zip" /*Direct download link, no goo.im please.*/
                }
        ]
}
Note: you can add as many zips/roms as you want.. just add another section right under the "rom" entry. If you need any assistance filling this out feel free to ask and we can help you!

If you'd like to use addons, optional, flashable downloads with your rom, please let me know and I'd be happy to explain how to do it.

Ideally we would love for you to maintain your own download link. If this is not possible, please contact us and we'll do our best to help out.

ROM Toolbox is going through a major overhaul currently and has been completely rewritten. We want you to be a part of this!

Thanks!

~ Master Ramy

Jrummy Apps Inc.

(Mods, wasn't sure if this should go here or in development. Feel free to move it.)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Master Ramy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azoller1
Old
Thanks Meter 1565
Will probably use this for my ICY Fusion series for the lg spectrum thanks for this

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
DONATIONS WOULD BE NICE!!-- HERE

Device: LG Spectrum 16GB 4G
Rom: Running Beanstalk Builds
Kernel: Running My S-Kernel JB

Device: Nexus 7 16GB
Rom: Running My AOKP Kangs
Kernel: Running LeanKernel 2.2

MY DEV
GOO.IM FILES/FOLDERS
ANDROID FILE HOST DEVICES
SOURCEFORGE FILES

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
No other devs are interested in this? Its completely free!!

PonsAsinorem
Old
(Last edited by PonsAsinorem; 3rd December 2012 at 06:21 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1737

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ramy View Post
No other devs are interested in this? Its completely free!!
In the changelog, it says goo.im support has been added, but I don't see my ROMs in there.

Developer account name: PonsAsinorem

Device: HTC Incredible (inc)

Edit: just thought about it. It requires the steps listed in the OP, and doesn't crawl through goo.im correct? Sorry, it's late here.

Edit edit: I'd love to be able to do this, but my computer broke so I can't get you the necessary files. Hopefully in a month or two when I'm back up and running.

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem View Post
In the changelog, it says goo.im support has been added, but I don't see my ROMs in there.

Developer account name: PonsAsinorem

Device: HTC Incredible (inc)

Edit: just thought about it. It requires the steps listed in the OP, and doesn't crawl through goo.im correct? Sorry, it's late here.

Edit edit: I'd love to be able to do this, but my computer broke so I can't get you the necessary files. Hopefully in a month or two when I'm back up and running.
Hey,

Yeah, it has goo support as in you can navigate into goo through the Rom Management tab, but it would not appear as other roms you see until the above method is done.

If your rom is already uploaded to a direct-download server, you can actually use Rom Toolbox's Root Browser to create the needed file, open it as text, paste the whole text in the code section into that file, modify it with the proper links, upload it, then get the link and send it to me through XDA or email jrummy.apps@gmail.com with it...

Hope this helps!

~ Master Ramy

Jrummy Apps Inc.

Tw1sted247
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Been wondering on this one myself. Thanks for posting here. I'll try and get the word to some of the note 2 DEV's, your guys apps kick ass.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
JellyBomb v3.2.0 / Strongsteve Odexed Blue 3.2 / ToXiC 1.0.2
Apex Launcher Pro / Nova Launcher
Kernel:by Freeza
Baseband: Mj4
TeamWinRecovery 2.6.3.7

Flash-a-holic

Retired Devices: Samsung a-920 ->Motorola Q ->Palm Pre ->HTC Evo4G -> Galaxy Note 2

DigginGraves
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 21
How will one install ROMs that need side installations, like m2sd, or addons?

lys0529
Old
Thanks Meter 6
thanks a lot

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginGraves View Post
How will one install ROMs that need side installations, like m2sd, or addons?
My apologies for the delay in responding.

Addons can be added to your rom listing. For example, if an addon is a 23 toggle mod zip, it would be added in the manifest and the result would be a dialog window that pops up after the download button is tapped, which states the name of the addon with a checkbox for the user to choose if they would like to download that as well or not.

Hope this helps!

Please tell all your dev friends about this opportunity!

~ Master Ramy

Jrummy Apps Inc.

Master Ramy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203

DONATE TO ME
Rom Toolbox's popularity is steadily growing, and I remain here, ready to assist all who ask. Developers, now is your chance to add all your roms to Toolbox!

Tags
busybox, jrummy, jrummy16, roms, toolbox