Facetime with my kid Nothing else.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium
26th November 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #22  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,079

2,087 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twanskys204

Go back to iphone..obviously u dont know how to work ir own phone ....maybe u need it simplified from apple sgn2 is better in all aspects

Well this post was just flat out rude and uncalled for. There is no reason to post like this here. If you dont have a helpful opinion or answer, then dont post.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Red5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #23  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 81

424 posts
More
I miss the auto-brightness on iOS. I was able to set my own brightness on auto, this way a person can set the brightness to their liking while still having auto-brightness on. The current setting on the GN2 is a little low for me, especially in a florescent lit room.

I've tried out third party apps like Lux but it was a bit quirky and I don't really like the idea of having an app control system functions.

It's no big deal though just a minor annoyance.
26th November 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 16

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3sh

Facetime with my kid Nothing else.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

I missed Facetime too, until I saw how awesome/easy video chatting with google talk is. There is an iOS app called vTok that lets you do both text/video chatting to android (or desktop) on google talk - works very well!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vtok...421102042?mt=8
The Following User Says Thank You to skochw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 148

675 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5

Well this post was just flat out rude and uncalled for. There is no reason to post like this here. If you dont have a helpful opinion or answer, then dont post.

so was this post.
I would suggest a private message as to not clutter up the forum.
26th November 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 22

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrawer

so was this post.
I would suggest a private message as to not clutter up the forum.

He's a moderator.

Back on topic, so is there a way to return to the top of a long web page on the stock browser? I don't see why they limited the double tap feature to only a few types of apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techweed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 27

163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjdmarchi

I miss this little simple function on ios. Say you are at the bottom of a very long Page or document you could double tap the top of status bar and it would move to the top instantly instead of having to scroll up. Nothing big but nice little feature

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

On my evo,if I touch and drag the screen down with two fingers instead of one it will scroll o the top almost instantly. Not sure if that's part of android or HTC.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
26th November 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 27

265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalan

I miss the auto-brightness on iOS. I was able to set my own brightness on auto, this way a person can set the brightness to their liking while still having auto-brightness on. The current setting on the GN2 is a little low for me, especially in a florescent lit room.

I've tried out third party apps like Lux but it was a bit quirky and I don't really like the idea of having an app control system functions.

It's no big deal though just a minor annoyance.

I was also complaining about low auto brigthness until accidentally find a feature yesterday.

Note2 has the same feature as well. When u pull down status bar and click auto brightness, u can still change the max brigthness and it will auto adjust. So basically if you set the brigthness low when auto is enabled the max brightness will be low but still auto adjust. If you make it max, the max brightness will be high when auto adjusting.

Try it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by warfanax; 26th November 2012 at 07:35 PM.
26th November 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #29  
OP Junior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
More
I just got back from Best Buy and I'm the proud new owner of a Galaxy Note 2 Now to pimp it out. This thing really is massive. You don't really get how massive it is until you hold one in your hand.

Voice dictation has been amazing so far. Much better than Siri when it comes to composing things in messages and whatnot, at least from my observation. The iPhone didn't handle noise well. This thing is also snappy as heck out of the box.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johncrist1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johncrist1988

I just got back from Best Buy and I'm the proud new owner of a Galaxy Note 2 Now to pimp it out. This thing really is massive. You don't really get how massive it is until you hold one in your hand.

Voice dictation has been amazing so far. Much better than Siri when it comes to composing things in messages and whatnot, at least from my observation. The iPhone didn't handle noise well. This thing is also snappy as heck out of the box.

Yeah now go through and disable all the preloaded garbage and it'll get even faster, at least in my experience.

I miss a few iphone apps because the ui was improved on them and I did like imessage when it worked because it can send to a number of devices but I really don't miss any of it enough to go back to it.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread