5,814,633 Members 53,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is LTE faster in your area with 2600 mhz band?
Yes 34 48.57%
No 4 5.71%
Haven't noticed 17 24.29%
Don't use LTE 15 21.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Rogers E971 helper thread

Tip us?
 
BloodBaron
Old
#101  
BloodBaron's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 409
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Jelly bean is here for root and unlocked bootloader users:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post37437712

follow instructions exaclty as described in OP
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11
 
bardiel13
Old
#102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London
Default Rooting LG971 E97110e

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2112190

anyone seen this thread?, would it work with the Rogers version?
 
BloodBaron
Old
#103  
BloodBaron's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 409
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardiel13 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2112190

anyone seen this thread?, would it work with the Rogers version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
Unfortunately not. I was helped by the devs on IRC on how to root. But I reverted back because network would not work on my E971.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2[COLOR="Silver"]
no, its further down in the thread
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to BloodBaron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sucsss
Old
#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 127
Join Date: Feb 2011
just rooted and did the freegee everything works, but I can't disable the OTA app via the op's method. The disable button is greyed out.

is my only choice via free in titanium?
 
BloodBaron
Old
#105  
BloodBaron's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 409
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucsss View Post
just rooted and did the freegee everything works, but I can't disable the OTA app via the op's method. The disable button is greyed out.

is my only choice via free in titanium?
hmm i think it is as far as i know just freeze in titanium
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11
 
Elisha
Old
(Last edited by Elisha; 24th February 2013 at 01:37 AM.)
#106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 431
Posts: 2,051
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Re: Rogers E971 helper thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucsss View Post
just rooted and did the freegee everything works, but I can't disable the OTA app via the op's method. The disable button is greyed out.

is my only choice via free in titanium?
Why bother disabling it? It's not like it will download and flash an OTA on you without your permission.

LG Optimus G E971
 
ironnik
Old
#107  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Rogers Optimus G

Hey, I am currently using the Rogers Optimus G running 4.0.4 with the OTA installed, Software version E97110e. I was able to root/unlockboot so I can flash roms onto my device. I currently can run the 4.1.2 jellybean stock. But the issue I am having is that I cannot flash the CM10.1 it will always give me the "Black Screen of Death". I tried using CWM all the versions as well as using TWRP with no luck, I am hoping there is away to flash this ROM successfully seeing that your tag says you are running a Rogers e971 with the Rom working. any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
 
Elisha
Old
#108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 431
Posts: 2,051
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Re: Rogers E971 helper thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnik View Post
Hey, I am currently using the Rogers Optimus G running 4.0.4 with the OTA installed, Software version E97110e. I was able to root/unlockboot so I can flash roms onto my device. I currently can run the 4.1.2 jellybean stock. But the issue I am having is that I cannot flash the CM10.1 it will always give me the "Black Screen of Death". I tried using CWM all the versions as well as using TWRP with no luck, I am hoping there is away to flash this ROM successfully seeing that your tag says you are running a Rogers e971 with the Rom working. any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
That's cause the E update changed a couple of partitions which in turn messed up mako boot. So you have to downgrade to D and flash from there.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5
The Following User Says Thank You to Elisha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ironnik
Old
#109  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
That's cause the E update changed a couple of partitions which in turn messed up mako boot. So you have to downgrade to D and flash from there.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5
Is there a simple way to flash my firmware to the D version? I downloaded this "Stock" rom from another thread but Rom I downloaded is a .TOT file? I am not sure how to extract what I need from it.

Thank you again
 
Elisha
Old
#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 431
Posts: 2,051
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Re: Rogers E971 helper thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnik View Post
Is there a simple way to flash my firmware to the D version? I downloaded this "Stock" rom from another thread but Rom I downloaded is a .TOT file? I am not sure how to extract what I need from it.

Thank you again
Go on the IRC channel and ask for lgnpst. The instructions for it will be there as well.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

Tags
rogers;e971;optimus
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes