5,595,815 Members 34,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is LTE faster in your area with 2600 mhz band?
Yes 33 48.53%
No 4 5.88%
Haven't noticed 16 23.53%
Don't use LTE 15 22.06%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Rogers E971 helper thread

Tip us?

adzidek
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser_tytnii View Post
Correct

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app
Correct on the Rogers/Bell spectrum comments, but not necessarily correct on "in theory, if you have 2600MHz coverage, you should be able to get better throughput due to the empty spectrum, but in practice (from my limited testing) you get generally the same speeds as any other Rogers LTE phone (such as the iPhone, which is not using 2600MHz)."

I've noticed a considerable difference on this phone when using SpeedTest while the LTE icon is on, and when the 4G icon is on (i.e. in a non-LTE coverage zone). The 2600MHz LTE is far faster, absolutely no doubt.

noxlord
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I don't know about the aws LTE in my area but my OG will consistently score over 45/10Mbps with decent signal strenght. Sometimes I even go over 50/13mbps.

kaiser_tytnii
Old
Thanks Meter 42
According to rogers, up to 98% of its aws coverage has 2600 coverage as well... e971 does not support aws anyway... so you are on 2600 all along

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app
Current Phones:
1. Google Nexus 4
AOKP ; Franco's Kernel M1

2. Google Nexus One
VJ CM 10.1

3. Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet
Stock 4.0.3 rooted

4. HTC One S
ViperOneS 2.2

avink
Old
(Last edited by avink; 6th December 2012 at 06:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
slightly off-topic..

anyone notice that signal strength fluctuates too frequently even when the phone is in the same location? It seems to go between -82dB to -104dB while I am at home (brampton, ontario). Not sure if it is a defective phone. Same issue even outside of my home -- I frequently drive round Toronto / York regions.
Tried wiping it, no difference. Don't have another SIM to test but I figure SIM should not affect signal strength. I have service with Speakout which uses the Rogers network and I manually cut a SIM card to fit the Rogers Optimus G. Phone is generally connected to 4G as Speakout does not support LTE.
Tried a Virgin mobile SIM and signal strength is much better, but I understand VM uses Bell networks.

Anyone experience any similar issues?

BloodBaron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by avink View Post
slightly off-topic..

anyone notice that signal strength fluctuates too frequently even when the phone is in the same location? It seems to go between -82dB to -104dB while I am at home (brampton, ontario). Not sure if it is a defective phone. Same issue even outside of my home -- I frequently drive round Toronto / York regions.
Tried wiping it, no difference. Don't have another SIM to test but I figure SIM should not affect signal strength. I have service with Speakout which uses the Rogers network and I manually cut a SIM card to fit the Rogers Optimus G. Phone is generally connected to 4G as Speakout does not support LTE.
Tried a Virgin mobile SIM and signal strength is much better, but I understand VM uses Bell networks.

Anyone experience any similar issues?
same thing in winnipeg on 4g
LG Nexus 5 : w/ CM11 + Chaos kernel
HP Touchpad : w/ CM11

piyopiyo81
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I root the phone and accidental delete google music and move apps. Now getting Security Error so anyway to recovery?

BloodBaron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyopiyo81 View Post
I root the phone and accidental delete google music and move apps. Now getting Security Error so anyway to recovery?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010624

probably your best bet atm

gabby131
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Okay....i don't wanna start a new thread but since I need a little help, I'll post it here.

Can someone that have a rooted LGOG peak at the file "egl.cfg" (under /system/lib/egl) for me please? I tried playing with it but forgot to back it up.

It should be something like this below but I am unsure if it is correct:

Code:
0 0 android
0 1 adreno200
1 0 android
1 1 adreno200
if you can just confirm the above or let me know the correct value. Please and thanks

BloodBaron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
Okay....i don't wanna start a new thread but since I need a little help, I'll post it here.

Can someone that have a rooted LGOG peak at the file "egl.cfg" (under /system/lib/egl) for me please? I tried playing with it but forgot to back it up.

It should be something like this below but I am unsure if it is correct:

Code:
0 0 android
0 1 adreno200
1 0 android
1 1 adreno200
if you can just confirm the above or let me know the correct value. Please and thanks
that is what i have, what did you do in there if you don't mind me asking?
The Following User Says Thank You to BloodBaron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabby131
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBaron View Post
that is what i have, what did you do in there if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks for confirming....

I am just trying to see if deleting both lines with "android" (0 0 android and 1 0 android) also removes software rendering and allow pure gpu rendering. But because our LGOG has a very powerful processor, i can't see any difference.

Tags
rogers;e971;optimus