5,597,937 Members 39,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free UNLOCK N7105

Tip us?

owl74
Old
(Last edited by owl74; 8th May 2013 at 10:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Default Free UNLOCK N7105

PDF file now attached...

Please read the whole thread if you can or at least the whole OP down to the bottom before asking questions as your question might have already been answered... Thank you...

############################################

Hi guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu. [Also works with N7100 and some Galaxy S3 (SIII) variants - NOT ALL]

#############################################

I can confirm the unlock survives ROM flashing

#############################################

Before doing the instructions below, please double check your phone that it is actually LOCKED by inserting a sim card from a different carrier/provider...you may or may not leave that sim card on the phone while unlocking

Quote:
Unlock your N7105:

Note: your phone must be running at least Jelly Bean 4.1.1 (if 4.1.1 does not work, try 4.1.0) otherwise some of the menu choices are not present

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!! There is no confirmation on the phone that the unlock was successfull.... just reboot your phone....

To test, just insert a sim card from a different carrier/provider. If the new sim card works then your phone is now unlocked.

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

========================================

Do this procedure AT YOUR OWN RISK

To those who were able to unlock their phone with the method above, can you please post in the thread and let us know which phone model (N7100 or N7105) you have, Country and Network/Carrier your phone was locked to...... and if I have saved you some cash, please click the Thanks button or the Donate button on the left just below my name to buy me a can/bottle of Heinekken, Quilmes, Budweiser, Fosters, Tiger, Stella Artois, or San Miguel ...

NOTICE:

To those having "Conditional Call Forwarding" pop up message or similar pop ups appear everytime you make a call (but they disappear within a few seconds), this is normal with an old sim card, or when using a ported number. There is no restriction to calls or internet or whatever. This is confirmed by my provider when I walked in and asked them about it. They even showed me one of their sample Note 2's and S3's having the same message.

I have mentioned in my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Unlock Galaxy Phones XDA (owl7MINsize.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (262.8 KB, 40350 views)
The Following 484 Users Say Thank You to owl74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wrapper
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Can anyone confirm that this is a full sim unlock?
Galaxy Note II LTE
HP TouchPad
Nook SimpleTouch Glow
Previous: Desire Z / Touch Pro / TYTN II / w810i / t68i
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrapper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

owl74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapper View Post
Can anyone confirm that this is a full sim unlock?
I have tried 3, O2, giffgaff, and an Asian roaming sim and the phone have signal and does not prompt for network password like it did before unlocking...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owl74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Dennis_
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl74 View Post
HI guys, you can unlock you N7105 via the Samsung hidden menu.

I have mentioned on my old thread that there was a pop up message that says "Conditional call forwarding active" everytime I make a phone call using another SIm card that the phone was not able to use before unlocking.

I can confirm that this was due to my Sim card. It is a very old O2 sim card that I have used for years. I have tried that Sim card on another factory unlocked phone (Galaxy i8160 bought from P4u) and it had the same message.

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > (after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back to [6] Network Lock then choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone... enjoy!!!

I have done this to my other Note 2 N7105 originally locked to Orange.....

================================================== ===
Looks like it worked for me on T-mobile USA model also.
Current device:
AT&T S4 with Wanam lite 1.1
Previous Device:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unlocked via *#197328640# menu (T-mobile service sucked, and customer care could not figure out how to do anything)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus(hated battery life & verizon's customer service and CDMA)
Verizon Samsung Stratosphere (loved keyboard, hated processor)
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T version)
Softbank X06HT (HTC Desire)
Google Nexus One (I broke a few resistors on the Motherboard)
The Following User Says Thank You to _Dennis_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

owl74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dennis_ View Post
Looks like it worked for me on T-mobile USA model also.

That's really good to hear!!! thanks for letting us know...
The Following User Says Thank You to owl74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_Dennis_
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl74 View Post
That's really good to hear!!! thanks for letting us know...
No problems. I did the steps did not work. Did them a second time, looks like it worked.
Used a verizon LTE sim, but they are a CDMA carrier. First time I tried the verizon sim asked for unlock code. Tried steps again and second time it did not calk for sim unlock code. I got signal but the notification bar still said searching.
Current device:
AT&T S4 with Wanam lite 1.1
Previous Device:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unlocked via *#197328640# menu (T-mobile service sucked, and customer care could not figure out how to do anything)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus(hated battery life & verizon's customer service and CDMA)
Verizon Samsung Stratosphere (loved keyboard, hated processor)
Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T version)
Softbank X06HT (HTC Desire)
Google Nexus One (I broke a few resistors on the Motherboard)
The Following User Says Thank You to _Dennis_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlcoholicDoc
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Works perfectly on the AT&T SGH-I317! T-Mobile SIM had no issues.
Current:
Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900A)
ROM: Stock N900AUCUBMJ5 (4.3)

Device: Google Nexus 5
ROM: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2) Unlocked & Rooted

Device: Samsung Galaxy Gear (SM-V700)
ROM: Stock V700XXUAMK7

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113) (16GB)
ROM: Stock P3113UECLK7 (4.1.1) Rooted

Retired:
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II (SGH-I317)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note (SGH-I717)

If I helped you in any way, hook me up with some thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlcoholicDoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dan4joy143
Old
Thanks Meter 1
OMG it work im in the UK & my note 2 WAS lock on EE now im using my o2 THANK U i don't have to pay EE to unlock my phone
The Following User Says Thank You to dan4joy143 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trim81
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Wow. I fricckin paid $25x3 codes for ours...

Could have saved me $75 bucks.

I wonder if this works on galaxy s3??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trim81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HomieX
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for sharing !

/Homie
"It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice"

My Android trip.

Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note II 4G/LTE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomieX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]