Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AC Ryan 7 Tablet - No Background Data During Standby/Sleep?

Tip us?

hgexe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Tablet [Q] AC Ryan 7 Tablet - No Background Data During Standby/Sleep?

Hi guys,

I hope someone could shine some light to me on a matter with my family's 7 inch tablet. (Asus TP is mine =/)

I tried to register to post this on AC Ryan forum but was unable to get the registration email (not even inside junk folder). Emailing AC Ryan doesn't seems to have any reply... (yet?)

I recently bought an AC Ryan 7 android tablet and I also own an Asus Transformer Prime android tablet.

AC Ryan is a nice tablet but I notice a problem, there’s no passive wireless connection during sleep/standby and there is no way to configure this.

Here’s my observation after doing some testing when both are attached to charger and without:
Both AC Ryan 7 (R7) and Asus Transformer Prime (TP) has Skype installed and logged into different accounts.
-TP is in standby mode. R7 skype call TP and TP rings and vibrates.
-R7 is in standby mode. TP skype call R7 and R7 has no response. TP just said “call ended. no answer”.
-However, both tablets response to each other’s call when they are both “awake”.

Upon inspecting the settings on both tablets
Settings>Wi-fi>Advanced>“Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep” is set to “Always”.

All accounts are configured to sync.

TP has a “Power Saver” menu which have settings to turn off wireless connections or set brightness level etc, when battery is low.
R7 does not have the “Power Saver” menu in the settings. Which makes me wonder if the menu is hidden and settings passively turned on.

A similar experiment has also been done for both tablets to download a large file.
-TP standby and upon awake, the file is still being downloaded-
-R7 standby and upon awake, the file download fails.

Another experiment done is via Google Play store.
I toggled installing of an app via my PC while both device are in standby and wait for about 2mins.
-Upon waking up TP, app is already installed.
-Upon waking up R7, app just began to install.

The AC Ryan 7 tablet is running the firmware 4.0.4 ACR 20120727.T7 Version 1.1.6 (From AC Ryan)
In a nutshell, its running Ice cream sandwich.

Thanks in advance.

hgexe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
*BUMP Please!*