[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.8 [Updated 09/26/14]: Nexus 10 Thread

26th November 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,139

1,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.8.8 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are officially supported including the new Nexus 5, with full KitKat support for all the newly upgraded devices. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. The main changes in this release are small code fixes. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
Last edited by WugFresh; 27th September 2014 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Version 1.8.8 Released
The Following 159 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

71 posts
Wow, this is brilliant, thank you very much.
27th November 2012, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 662

1,615 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks so much for this! Your toolkit got me started down the road to crack flashing on my Galaxy Nexus, and seeing this version just reinforces my decision to go ahead and order the Nexus 10 (just returned an ASUS TF700T / Infinity).
27th November 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrong

Thanks so much for this! Your toolkit got me started down the road to crack flashing on my Galaxy Nexus, and seeing this version just reinforces my decision to go ahead and order the Nexus 10 (just returned an ASUS TF700T / Infinity).

I can't seem to get the samsung drivers included in the toolkit to play nice with the N10 in fastboot mode (won't recognize the device). Any ideas? Do I need to use the pdanet drivers or try a similar universal naked driver?

EDIT: This may be a problem with the toolkit... I installed the drivers that are bundled with the Nexus 10 Toolkit (which show as Nexus 4 ADB drivers), and they show fastboot as recognizing the device, whereas the wug's toolkit fastboot test still doesn't recognize the device or show it as connected....
Last edited by DagrXDA; 27th November 2012 at 03:35 AM.
27th November 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bay area,CA
Thanks Meter: 8

94 posts
More
YES! ,but.. is this the same Toolkit as the one in the N7 section?.. does it get updated w/N10 support or do i have to re-download this one Seperate?.. do i even have to do the Driver guide if i already did it for my N7?.. am super anxious to get the Flashathon on my N10 sorry man haha -
EDIT: nvm,just downloaded the Update for N10 support.. had to go into options and enable "check for updates on boot" or something like that haha My bad dude.. gonna try this sucker out ina minute,Peace out! -
Last edited by Grandroidster; 27th November 2012 at 06:38 AM.
27th November 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer

1,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandroidster

YES! ,but.. is this the same Toolkit as the one in the N7 section?.. does it get updated w/N10 support or do i have to re-download this one Seperate?.. do i even have to do the Driver guide if i already did it for my N7?.. am super anxious to get the Flashathon on my N10 sorry man haha -

Yes. It is the same. You only need the one toolkit, it will get updated for all devices. You don't need to configure your drivers again if the toolkit successfully communicates with the device. I would try step 3 of the driver guide 'Test Drivers', if that works feel free to proceed. If you have problems, I recommend driver solution #3 for multiple devices (however #1 or #2 may work for your setup).

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer

1,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagrXDA

I can't seem to get the samsung drivers included in the toolkit to play nice with the N10 in fastboot mode (won't recognize the device). Any ideas? Do I need to use the pdanet drivers or try a similar universal naked driver?

EDIT: This may be a problem with the toolkit... I installed the drivers that are bundled with the Nexus 10 Toolkit (which show as Nexus 4 ADB drivers), and they show fastboot as recognizing the device, whereas the wug's toolkit fastboot test still doesn't recognize the device or show it as connected....

I included three driver solutions to provide a full range of potential solutions depending on the users setup. I would suggest trying more than one if the first one you try doesn't work. When in doubt, always try driver solution #3.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 12:03 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,818

3,067 posts
Donate to Me
More
I too am having issues with the driver seeign Fastboot.

I installed NeXus 10 toolkit and it see fastboot no problem.

I go to command line and can issue fastboot commands no problem.

However 1.6.0 refuses to see NeXus10 in fastboot mode.

Uggg..
27th November 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #9  
OP Recognized Developer

1,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthermic

Uggg..

Adb/fastboot communicate with the drivers, not the toolkit specifically, so what you are describing doesn't make sense. Are you saying that everything worked fine, then you went ahead and tried installing more/different drivers with this toolkit, and now it doesn't work? If that is the case, then it makes sense.. no need to install drivers when you have ones working. You should start over at step one. Uninstall all the drivers, reboot, and try driver solution #3. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
debug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunthermic

Uggg..

I am having the same problem. I think it's because debug is checked but not functioning. In the ROM I'm running after you check the debug option nothing will happen unless you also select what app to debug. Because I don't know what app to debug, the Toolkit does not recognize it as being debuged and hangs at that point.
For me it's not a driver issue. It fails the full driver test because of my debug problem. What specific app should we apply the debug to?
Last edited by jmtend; 27th November 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread