Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.7 [Updated 09/06/14]: Nexus 10 Thread

Tip us?

k5mitch
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

So if I do a factory reset and go back to 4.2.1 I should be good to go using the toolkit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

k5mitch
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

So I donwnloaded the new files for 4.2.2 and now stuck in bootloop. I tried to go into recovery mode (like in the video) but it wont give me the option to recover so whats next?

k5mitch
Old
(Last edited by k5mitch; 23rd February 2013 at 03:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32

Figured it out.

rrand
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Just a little report to Wug and the developers. It can be made to root and unlock on a stock 4.2.2 as well. Just got mine today and it was preloaded. I didn't even have to do an ota update.

Thanks Wug.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

k5mitch
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Well I want to return my N10 after I finally got the boot loop issue fixed. It is now unlocked but not rooted would it be safe to use the toolkit to lock? Every time I start the toolkit it wants me to select a different build. I followed wugs directions about downloading the new_adb_and_fastboot.zip for 4.2.2 but ran into problems so I'm a little hesitant on using it to relock. Any thoughts?

jsebol80
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce218 View Post
I'm having some trouble getting past the initial setup/driver install phase. I was able to do it in the past using the RAW method however I had to return my tablet due to some defects past what I considered acceptable. I managed to get one that meets my expectations perfectly so I'm ready to really start playing with the device some more.

Anyway the first time around I had no issue installing the drivers that come with the toolkit. However this time around I don't know if I am missing a step or something but I just can't get my PC to not automatically install drivers the moment I connect the device. I already have Driver Auto Config disabled, with the setting to never install from Windows Update enabled.

I have no problem uninstalling the device and using USBDeview to remove all drivers however I keep getting to the point during the driver install where I have to plug the device in. Normally when plugging a device in that doesn't install drivers it would appear unconfigured in the device manager and from there I would be able to tell Windows what drivers to use. However when I plug my device in it just automatically goes straight to installing the drivers on its own and asking me how I want to open the device (browse in explorer, etc.).

So at this point I'm stuck because I can't install the drivers necessary to use the Root Toolkit. If I try to "Update Drivers" and select the specified directory it just tells me Windows has already determined the drivers are up to date.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
GaleForce, I finally got mine to take.

Here's what I did:

Uninstalled WugFresh 1.6.2 completely, restarted my PC.
Downloaded and installed WugFresh1.6.2 again
Downloaded the .zip file supplied on WugFresh's website to overwrite the fastboot; ABD files.
Did another reboot

Then opened up 1.6.2 and did the driver unlock. This time upon plugging in my Nexus 10, I got the "do you want to enable ABD on this device" or something like that, clicked yes, and after that I was good to go.

I did option 1 for my driver install BTW. Hope this helped.

bigdio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bootlooped 4.2.2

k5mitch How did you get out of your bootloop without factory reset recovery option? having same issue on 4.2.2

k5mitch
Old
Thanks Meter 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdio View Post
k5mitch How did you get out of your bootloop without factory reset recovery option? having same issue on 4.2.2
I finally got it into factory reset recovery by holding the power button and tapping the volume up button. If you are holding the tablet in portrait mode you are pushing the bottum of the volume rocker.

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
Yes, it will flash everything back to stock and wipe the internal storage. Flash Stock then OEM lock and it will be back to square one.

{{ WugFresh }}
Hey im unlocked and rooted with custom rom, and want to set everything back to stock (gotta send tablet back to google)
im on 4.2.2
do i need to download/update the drivers to use the revert to stock and relock feature?

or do i need, or can i just flash a 4.2.1 rom, and then proceed normally to use this toolkit to revert back to completely stock?

thanks in advance

WugFresh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,113

DONATE TO ME
Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
(Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WugFresh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]