27th November 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Un-Official Evervolv AOSP

This ROM is still in testing phase but must say it works quite nicely. Most all features are working fine. Read below for description of ROM.

As you may or not know, Evervolv has been building quality AOSP for multiple devices. Recently we (Classicnerd) have had the pleasure of working with Preludedrew in testing, working out bugs, and joining together to bring a fantastic rom to everyone using HTC, HP Touchpad, Samsung, Asus Nexus 7, and many more devices.

What to expect? Expect a solid platform which to build from. They have been known for adding Evervolv Toolbox which allows status bar tweaks, interface tweaks (volume wake, volume music control, Custom display density settings, and customizable power menu settings), as well as a stable platform which we can bring this hardware to full usage. There is also a Performance section for memory management and processor changes. The Themes section in settings is not working but should be very soon. Su works fantastic and so does the 4-1 boot to recovery work flawless.

Why Un-Official? There are many bugs to work out in an AOSP ecosystem. With that said, these bugs won't hinder your ability to enjoy this great device what so ever. Mostly when people go to an official release, it's because all hardware and software function as if it was stock with no issues and then they move on to the next build (possibly the next update). As you all know, there will always be some sort of issue. But we have a slight advantage with the Nexus 10 device. It's straight up Google. With Google in full support of the Android Open Source Platform, this gives many developers the opportunity to bring customized settings, tweaked apps, and modded framework to bring to the general public and flashaholics something we felt the direction should go.

Now we give you Evervolv Stella. I will let you all guess why the name stella came about. hehe, it was chosen by me which I feel honored to help support this project for you guys. Please understand that everyone on this team have full time jobs as well as work countless (often unappreciated, but more often appreciated) working on source code to bring ideas to life, while having a family life. If you feel the urge to donate, please do. We are saving to bring a Nexus 10 to Preludedrew. His wife cut him off from spending money on devices...lol No worries, we'll get him one.

This ROM ROM is very fast and smooth. While there may be glitches associated with jb, they are being removed and pushing it to the limits.

We now bring you Stella

Release date 11/26/12

* init.d scripts to boost performance, battery, low men, net boost, trim, and much more
* Ramdisk mods
* quad scores above 5300
* BT file transfer for all file formats
* 4-1 boot menu
* Updated to 4.2.1
* Inline Kernel Build
* Fixed YouTube
* EVToolbox
* All Hardware functional
* Google backup support (flash GAPPS after flashing rom)
* Google locations support
* OTG support
* SU working properly
* And many source mods coming from ICS

What doesn't work:

* themes
* you tell us....we need ur help bring this rom to life.

Downloads:

Stella v3.2.0 b4 Un-Official Updated 2/16/13 to 4.2.2

Stella v3.2.0 b3 Un-Official Uploaded 12.06.12 with google locations fixed.

Stella v3.2.0 b2 Un-Official Uploaded 11.27.12

Stella v3.2.0 b1 Un-Official Uploaded 11.26.12

Gapps JOP40C

With many thanks to Evervolv (Preludedrew, drewis, MongooseHelix, and nikez), tommytomatoe, misfit, ewalk, MindSplit, Jzen, Chubbzlou, TMartin, MYN, Cyanogenmod, XDA, craigacgomez, our wives and children, and the many testers. This list will grow as time evolvs..

Evervolv Source Link
AOSP Download AOSP Link
Last edited by Leoisright; 16th February 2013 at 11:36 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Leoisright For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Installation directions.

1) You need to be unlocked and rooted. If you don't have either, check out the Nexus 10 android developement section for many different ways to prepare you device.
2) Copy the ROM and GAPPS packages to your Download folder on your Nexus 10
3) Boot to recovery and factory reset your device
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash GAPPS
6) Boot and enjoy

If updated from previous installation of the Evervolv Rom, installation is much easier.

1) Boot to recovery
2) Wipe cache
3) Flash Rom
4) Flash GAPPS
5) Reboot
6) Enjoy
Last edited by Leoisright; 28th November 2012 at 05:41 AM.
27th November 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
un-official mods and add-ons
27th November 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

278 posts
Awesome!! And first!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to darkstar765 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar765

Awesome!! And first!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Haha, you're in for a treat. Sucks it takes so long to upload. But, only 22 minutes left till we go live

Edit...just two minutes left
Last edited by Leoisright; 27th November 2012 at 02:43 AM.
27th November 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 42

374 posts
I think this is also a good ROM.
27th November 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
ok, Rom and GAPPS are uploaded
27th November 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 108

532 posts
Looks great! I'm about to try. Thank you!
27th November 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #9  
Flag Lake Forest, CA
Thanks Meter: 3,021

1,909 posts
Donate to Me
More
@Leoisright nice... good to see Evervolv here... used to use this on my Nexus One... my brother still does on his!!

This device is going to have the best ROMs... CM, AOKP, Evervolv & Paranoid are already here and it's been just a week!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to craigacgomez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
i know, all the big dogs in the house. Ur rom is great tho. It held me over until we got this rolling. I know it's priority #1 to get the kernel inline due to the mods in settings to OV/UC and mess with some other settings too. Once we get it right, you'll be the first to see the changes.

I have a few things i'll show you to add some stuff if ur interested. only little things but good ones. After I get this all set up i can show you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leoisright For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread