Thread Closed

[ROM] Evervolv Un-Official 4.2.2 JOP40C Stella [AOSP] 2/16/13

OP Leoisright

27th November 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 951

2,559 posts
More
HuluPlus and Youtube are not functional. Love the speed and smoothness though:thumbup:

27th November 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN
Thanks Meter: 6,902

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD

HuluPlus and Youtube are not functional. Love the speed and smoothness though:thumbup:

ok, great...didn't test either of them. will check out the issue
27th November 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #13  
Flag Lake Forest, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,652

1,836 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoisright

i know, all the big dogs in the house. Ur rom is great tho. It held me over until we got this rolling. I know it's priority #1 to get the kernel inline due to the mods in settings to OV/UC and mess with some other settings too. Once we get it right, you'll be the first to see the changes.

I have a few things i'll show you to add some stuff if ur interested. only little things but good ones. After I get this all set up i can show you.

Sounds good...

I was actually working on some of this stuff for my Galaxy Nexus and when I got my device I just built it from AOSP and slowly added a few basic things... I just learned a lot of this stuff a few months ago with my Transformer Prime... so I'm still pretty much a newbie!
27th November 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #14  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigacgomez

Sounds good...

I was actually working on some of this stuff for my Galaxy Nexus and when I got my device I just built it from AOSP and slowly added a few basic things... I just learned a lot of this stuff a few months ago with my Transformer Prime... so I'm still pretty much a newbie!

do you have app compatibility issues with ur rom? Ours isn't compatible with basic ones like dropbox, youtube, rootexplorer, etc

Yeah, i jumped head first in aosp about a year ago. be very carefull, it can burn you out...lol i had to take a couple months off and enjoy other people work before i wanted to do it again.
27th November 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 126

1,210 posts
Did anybody lose root after flashing this rom? And Google Now won't run because of Location setting problem.
Last edited by Itaintrite; 27th November 2012 at 03:57 AM.
27th November 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #16  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itaintrite

Did anybody lose root after flashing this rom? And Google Now won't run because of Location setting problem.

i didn't loose root. Sounds strange, but check the time settings. Mine changed to 6 hours ahead the first time i flashed it

edit. my root is fine, but there is something messed up with location. I can fix that in the next update.
Last edited by Leoisright; 27th November 2012 at 04:03 AM.
27th November 2012, 04:10 AM   |  #17  

1,210 posts
Quote:

i didn't loose root. Sounds strange, but check the time settings. Mine changed to 6 hours ahead the first time i flashed it

edit. my root is fine, but there is something messed up with location. I can fix that in the next update.

Weird. I ran root checker and confirmed that device isn't rooted. Came from PA-2.99.3.
27th November 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #18  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
click on settings/toolbox/interface/change dpi by 1. you will see it takes root privies. If not, something else may be going on. let me know if you could. also, open superuser. mines shows the pasted two days of usage.
27th November 2012, 04:26 AM   |  #19  

1,210 posts
Quote:

click on settings/toolbox/interface/change dpi by 1. you will see it takes root privies. If not, something else may be going on. let me know if you could. also, open superuser. mines shows the pasted two days of usage.

You're right. But doesn't work with any other app that requires root. I just tried Adaway and it failed.
27th November 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag MN

4,832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itaintrite

You're right. But doesn't work with any other app that requires root. I just tried Adaway and it failed.

ok, will add it to the list. I know drewis just updated it and will report the bug

thanks for letting me know. There is an apparent compatibility issue as well. Will get that fixed too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leoisright For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread