Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jelly Bean 4.2.1 OTA

Tip us?
 
patboole
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jun 2011
Default Jelly Bean 4.2.1 OTA

So I just received a 1MB OTA which took my version up to 4.2.1. At the very least, it fixes the missing December issue in the People app. Given the size, I doubt there's too much more in there.
 
BoneXDA
Old
#2  
BoneXDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1063
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Oct 2012
Any performance improvement? Can you run an AnTuTu 3 test?
 
rufus-
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: Apr 2012
Keep root? Any problem with unlocked bootloader (but stock cmw and rom, only bootloader unlocked)?
 
patboole
Old
(Last edited by patboole; 27th November 2012 at 11:10 AM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA View Post
Any performance improvement? Can you run an AnTuTu 3 test?
It's not visibly faster, although I didn't have any performance issues before either. Disabling Currents pretty much fixed it for me. I can't find antutu 3 on the Play Store, is it just called "antutu"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus- View Post
Keep root? Any problem with unlocked bootloader (but stock cmw and rom, only bootloader unlocked)?
Sorry, I haven't rooted mine so I don't know.
 
dipzb90
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 141
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Does anybody know how to get this update on a Rooted device with custom recovery?
 
espionage724
Old
#6  
espionage724's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 506
Posts: 2,501
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleroi, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipzb90 View Post
Does anybody know how to get this update on a Rooted device with custom recovery?
Sideload possibly; but in any case, someone needs to provide an update URL.


Device Ownership:
 

Current Devices:
None
Side Devices:
Nexus 7 (grouper) (franco.Kernel + Rasbeanjelly)
Galaxy Rush (SPH-M830) (Stock)

Ex Devices:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 (SGH-T849)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113)
Galaxy Prevail (SPH-M820) (KoumaKernel + CTMod)
Nexus 4 (LGE960/mako) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber)
Nexus 10 (GT-P8110/manta) (franco.Kernel + RasSaber
 
gdourado
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 254
Join Date: Jan 2012
Does the update keep root?

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
 
BoneXDA
Old
#8  
BoneXDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1063
Posts: 1,431
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by patboole View Post
It's not visibly faster, although I didn't have any performance issues before either. Disabling Currents pretty much fixed it for me. I can't find antutu 3 on the Play Store, is it just called "antutu"?


Sorry, I haven't rooted mine so I don't know.
Just download AnTuTu, and you'll get the latest version, I think.
 
ayman07
Old
(Last edited by ayman07; 27th November 2012 at 03:56 PM.)
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by patboole View Post
So I just received a 1MB OTA which took my version up to 4.2.1. At the very least, it fixes the missing December issue in the People app. Given the size, I doubt there's too much more in there.
Were you experiencing any freezing or reboots prior to the update? I wonder if this addresses that issue. If not, this thing is going back.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD


If i have helped you, dont hesitate to hit the thanks button
 
chugger93
Old
#10  
chugger93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 1,335
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Michigan
I dunno, maybe I'll just unroot, relock and grab the OTA...then try to re-root and unlock again.
Jon
- Google Nexus 5 | Stock/Rooted/Unlocked
- Google Nexus 10 | Sentinel Rom w/Franco

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes