FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

CM10 development for Kindle Fire HD 8.9"

1,302 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,634
 
By verygreen, Recognized Contributor on 28th November 2012, 01:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th November 2012, 09:17 AM |#11  
fattire's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,088
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by somdave2005

I'm assuming that with CM10, you won't be able to use all the special Amazon services like Amazon videos, lending library, etc. Doesn't that take away the whole point of buying a Kindle fire HD?

Uh, wut?
 
 
30th November 2012, 09:18 AM |#12  
ZilverZurfarn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by somdave2005

I'm assuming that with CM10, you won't be able to use all the special Amazon services like Amazon videos, lending library, etc. Doesn't that take away the whole point of buying a Kindle fire HD?

No - KF HD is a beautiful piece of hardware at a nice price, crippled by Amazons software. Where I live, almost all Amazon content is blocked anyway, so I won't lose anything. Amazon ebooks are basically the only content available to me, but that's just a matter of installing the Kindle app in CM.
1st December 2012, 02:21 AM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
eagerly watching and waiting... i havent got the stones to try it out now but ill test the first alpha! thanks for your work
1st December 2012, 04:29 AM |#14  
ryantek's Avatar
Member
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Very very nice. Just waiting hopefully the developers will completed soon.
2nd December 2012, 03:16 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What about KFHD 7" ? If CM10 will work for KFHD 8.9", will work for 7" too or not? Sorry my english, please.
2nd December 2012, 04:47 PM |#16  
craby1925's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
I am eager to try working this over to the 7HD but it might be premature. Do you guys think this software will still work with the fire 2 and 7HD?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
2nd December 2012, 08:36 PM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by craby1925

I am eager to try working this over to the 7HD but it might be premature. Do you guys think this software will still work with the fire 2 and 7HD?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I thought i ask the same. I have KFHD 7" as well and want to try CM10 on it..
Last edited by esox_hu; 2nd December 2012 at 08:39 PM.
3rd December 2012, 06:15 AM |#18  
OP Recognized Contributor
TN
Thanks Meter: 2,634
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by esox_hu

I thought i ask the same. I have KFHD 7" as well and want to try CM10 on it..

Just to clear this up.
I do not have Kindle Fire HD 7" and so I cannot try.
We've got a volunteer to try this at irc and bootloader unlock works the same way (as expected, but you need a different bootloader binary).
We were not able to get anything to show up on the screen after booting CM10, thought it appears the OS boots and behaves fine, backlight is on too.

Anyway, I'd much rather prefer people to buy Nexus 7, it costs the same as Kindle Fire HD 7, but is a much more open device with much more developer support.
If you need CM10 and further, get Nexus 7 and you'll be soo much more happier. You still can run kindle app on it to read your books if you so desire.

With this out of the way, let's not touch on the 7" device topic here anymore, it's for 8.9" development discussion only. Thank you for your understanding.
3rd December 2012, 07:02 AM |#19  
fattire's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,088
 
Donate to Me
More
Tablet Yes, exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

Anyway, I'd much rather prefer people to buy Nexus 7, it costs the same as Kindle Fire HD 7, but is a much more open device with much more developer support.
If you need CM10 and further, get Nexus 7 and you'll be soo much more happier. You still can run kindle app on it to read your books if you so desire.

Hear, hear!

The N7 is an amazing deal, has incredible specs with pretty much everything included, AND it's been made easily unlockable by the distributor. To anyone who wants continued access to devices in the future, there's no reason to support closed, locked systems.

So I just want to voice my agreement. If you're in the market for a 7" tablet, N7 > Kindle Fire HD 7".

Pass it on.
3rd December 2012, 10:06 PM |#20  
FroyoShark's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 30
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

Hear, hear!

The N7 is an amazing deal, has incredible specs with pretty much everything included, AND it's been made easily unlockable by the distributor. To anyone who wants continued access to devices in the future, there's no reason to support closed, locked systems.

So I just want to voice my agreement. If you're in the market for a 7" tablet, N7 > Kindle Fire HD 7".

Pass it on.

I would have gotten the N7 but I wanted a larger screen.
4th December 2012, 03:33 PM |#21  
saxophone101's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroyoShark

I would have gotten the N7 but I wanted a larger screen.

Same applied to me

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10 rom development
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes