5,594,805 Members 36,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Tip us?
 
mjwhirly
Old
#11  
mjwhirly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 419
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBandit View Post
Thanks for this...are you looking at porting over imilka's CM10 build?

my day just got better
I don't think that will be possible until we have an cm10 kernel built for our device first, can't switch in a TW kernel for their cm10 kernel without possibly bricking our phones



And to the OP of this thread:
Great work man, I know they were having a little trouble getting the roms to port on our IRC channel, hopefully this opens the flood gates for more rom possibilities
Current: AT&T Galaxy Note II---Jedi X-17
Nexus 7 (2013) UnOfficial AOKP
LG G2---Stock at the moment
Thank me if I helped you!
 
madmack
Old
#12  
madmack's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4279
Posts: 3,479
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterBandit View Post
Thanks for this...are you looking at porting over imilka's CM10 build?

my day just got better
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwhirly View Post
I don't think that will be possible until we have an cm10 kernel built for our device first, can't switch in a TW kernel for their cm10 kernel without possibly bricking our phones



And to the OP of this thread:
Great work man, I know they were having a little trouble getting the roms to port on our IRC channel, hopefully this opens the flood gates for more rom possibilities
I'm going to port the standard CM10 that is available at github.com/cyanogenmod Once this is completed, then we can incorporate that to all AOSP based roms.

The kernels are actually pretty close to each other. (have a look at the defconf for details). What's different is the initramfs and the userland binaries/libraries. I'll have a look at it but I need to get this audio going on TW roms first.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MonsterBandit
Old
#13  
MonsterBandit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 473
Posts: 719
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwhirly View Post
I don't think that will be possible until we have an cm10 kernel built for our device first, can't switch in a TW kernel for their cm10 kernel without possibly bricking our phones



And to the OP of this thread:
Great work man, I know they were having a little trouble getting the roms to port on our IRC channel, hopefully this opens the flood gates for more rom possibilities
Thats, what I thought, but he said he was gunna try CM10...I've been trying to learn more about Kernels all morning, and I understand we have a Qualcomm modem, but idk what would be needed to build a kernel for say CM...any thoughts?

Sorry for the OT OP.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
I'm going to port the standard CM10 that is available at github.com/cyanogenmod Once this is completed, then we can incorporate that to all AOSP based roms.

The kernels are actually pretty close to each others. (have a look at the defconf for details). What's different is the initramfs and the userland binaries/libraries. I'll have a look at it but I need to get this audio going on TW roms first.
awesome...I'm very new to the development world, and I'm learning as much as I can to be able to help and maybe dev my own stuff
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Madmack's Official CM10.2
Kernel: Stock
Mod: Working Software Buttons (WIP)
Jellytime Project Hosting (I have retired from this project).
 
madmack
Old
(Last edited by madmack; 28th November 2012 at 03:39 PM.)
#14  
madmack's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4279
Posts: 3,479
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Audio phone calls work

PHONE CALLS..


FIXED

HOW U LIKE DEM APPLES amigos


lemme update the OP.

edit: done. OP's list of files to add/replace is updated to reflect this change. basically a bunch of libaudio* files and their dependencies.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mjwhirly
Old
#15  
mjwhirly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 479
Posts: 419
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
PHONE CALLS..


FIXED

HOW U LIKE DEM APPLES amigos


lemme update the OP.

edit: done. OP's list of files to add/replace is updated to reflect this change. basically a bunch of libaudio* files and their dependencies.
Damn man you work too quickly, at this rate we should have CM10 in like 2 hours
Current: AT&T Galaxy Note II---Jedi X-17
Nexus 7 (2013) UnOfficial AOKP
LG G2---Stock at the moment
Thank me if I helped you!
 
madmack
Old
#16  
madmack's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4279
Posts: 3,479
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwhirly View Post
Damn man you work too quickly, at this rate we should have CM10 in like 2 hours
lol. it'll be a while til we get CM10 running. I've just quickly looked at the differences and have an idea where to go from here but that's about it.

It all depends on how much free time I get here at work.
 
nuwayman
Old
#17  
nuwayman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 686
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: portland, OR
Madmack, you sir are a freaking genius. Now I'm glad I didn't get the international version cause I have lte in my area. Can't wait for more ported roms and aosp goodness. Thank you sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
 
deadman12
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 407
Posts: 495
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hong Kong , Kwai Chung

 
DONATE TO ME
./system/bin/secstarter

I can't find it in N7105 LJ4 Rom
 
madmack
Old
#19  
madmack's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4279
Posts: 3,479
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, MA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman12 View Post
./system/bin/secstarter

I can't find it in N7105 LJ4 Rom
I actually pulled it from a N7105 LJ4 Rom. Download the stock LJ4 ROM, it should include it. If not, well, then don't add it and see what happens.
 
MonsterBandit
Old
#20  
MonsterBandit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 473
Posts: 719
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
lol. it'll be a while til we get CM10 running. I've just quickly looked at the differences and have an idea where to go from here but that's about it.

It all depends on how much free time I get here at work.
I'll gladly set up a Google Code Page for you...I'll do the same thing I did for randomblame and his original Jellytime Project...link to that project page is in my sig.
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Madmack's Official CM10.2
Kernel: Stock
Mod: Working Software Buttons (WIP)
Jellytime Project Hosting (I have retired from this project).

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes